Author Topic: Steve Forbes Says Ben Carson’s Tax Plan Is Strongest Of The Bunch  (Read 232 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
During an appearance on Federalist Radio Tuesday, Forbes Inc. CEO Steve Forbes said, while most the Republican tax plans are taking a step in the right direction, he thinks Ben Carson’s is the best of the crop.

Forbes, who ran twice for the Republican presidential nomination, once in 1996 and once in 2000, said he favors a flat tax plan.

“The one that is the cleanest one so far has come from Dr. Ben Carson, who introduced a clean flat tax about two or three weeks ago,” he said. “I’m sorry it came so late in the campaign, he got it more right than the others.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/20/steve-forbes-says-ben-carsons-tax-plan-is-strongest-of-the-bunch/

Offline aligncare

Re: Steve Forbes Says Ben Carson’s Tax Plan Is Strongest Of The Bunch
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 04:04:27 pm »

Too bad Carson lacks the killer instinct to survive in modern politics. He's a bright, compassionate man--but he's playing in the wrong league.

Politics is ugly...(all!: How ugly it is?)...it's so ugly, no bag is big enough to stuff donor cash in and fit over its head!

Seriously though, the best and brightest among us don't go into politics. It's too dirty and costly in terms of the fishbowl you're in, the attacks and damage to reputation and the scrutiny and stress family is put through.

What successful person, which community leader, would deliberately put themselves and family through that? Who needs it?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 04:05:41 pm »
The more I see of Carson, the more I am convinced of his ability overall and his lack of ability to communicate that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 04:17:45 pm »
The more I see of Carson, the more I am convinced of his ability overall and his lack of ability to communicate that.

He's so brilliant and soft spoken.

I actually think he would have made an outstanding President.

I'm sorry our present day system doesn't allow for soft-spoken citizen leaders.  I'm not comparing Carson to George Washington (who obviously wasn't just a 'citizen'), but George couldn't be elected in today's atmosphere.

It's America's loss that we're settling for so much less........   **nononono*
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:18:30 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 04:18:09 pm »
I wish our troubles were such that arguing the merits of different tax plans didn't seem like whistling past the graveyard.

Ben Carson is an extremely intelligent and accomplished man - you will search long and hard, and likely in vain, amongst the class of professional politicians, to find someone of his character and ability. 
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan