Author Topic: Ready for Julián?  (Read 391 times)

Offline flowers

Ready for Julián?
« on: January 22, 2016, 10:24:37 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/julian-castro-possible-vice-president-218119

At home, Julián Castro’s been spending more time reading and watching television in Spanish, trying to get his speaking skills up to speed.

On the job as Housing and Urban Development secretary, he’s been carefully working the levers in Washington, with coaching from Bill Clinton and a twin brother who’s a popular and up-and-coming congressman himself.

Starting Saturday, he’ll be out on the trail for Hillary Clinton in in Nevada, Iowa and Maine.

He’s plotted his rise carefully, studying and strategizing with a clear goal in sight. But if Clinton picks him to be her running mate, it’ll be more about perfectly fitting his party’s moment and the nearly non-existent Democratic bench than about his 18 months as a HUD secretary who hasn’t left a deep mark at his agency, the White House or the housing world.

Castro’s got a made-for-campaign commercials biography, and an undeniable savvy that’s helped him spin a job as a part-time mayor of San Antonio into an unusually successful 2012 Democratic convention keynote and then the answer to the second term Obama White House’s own search for more diversity in the Cabinet, without having to wait until he could win statewide in Texas.

Since he got to Washington in 2014, Castro’s invested in building relationships with key members of Congress, paying close attention to the people who have control of HUD budgets and who might make good political connections to have down the line. He’s used the allure of getting to hang out with a possible future vice president to make fans out of housing industry leaders who nonetheless have trouble citing anything specific they like about his work, streamlined a famously dysfunctional bureaucracy and walked the hallways to improve employee satisfaction so much that several HUD

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Ready for Julián?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:48:10 pm »
I've been floating Castro's name for more than a year.  He will be Hillary's VP pick - and then I think she will be forced to withdraw for whatever reason.  I don't know what happens in that scenario if Clinton is the nominee at that time.

Would the VP candidate jump to the top of the ticket and assume the roll of presidential candidate?  I feel certain that this is how they will get him out there - he will be a new Obama.  Young, inexperienced......

....a turtle on top of a fence post.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 10:58:45 pm »
This guy and/or Fauxcahontas Warren could be trouble.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:05:46 pm »
Yes he would be very much trouble.

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 11:12:19 pm »
He was a mayor and now is a cabinet head, Jeb speaks better espanol than him, and this communist amateur is the Dems' best minority candidate for VP?

My goodness, has Obama destroyed that party or what?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:13:26 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 11:28:49 pm »
I've been floating Castro's name for more than a year.  He will be Hillary's VP pick - and then I think she will be forced to withdraw for whatever reason.  I don't know what happens in that scenario if Clinton is the nominee at that time.

Would the VP candidate jump to the top of the ticket and assume the roll of presidential candidate?  I feel certain that this is how they will get him out there - he will be a new Obama.  Young, inexperienced......

....a turtle on top of a fence post.

I've recently started characterizing it as the democrats sneaking a candidate in under cover of darkness.

Hillary is toast, and with that, the democrats chances up in smoke.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:30:08 pm by aligncare »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 01:38:23 am »
This guy and/or Fauxcahontas Warren could be trouble.

Very much so.  I see Hillary picking Julian and Bernie picking Fauxcahontas.  Either way it's trouble.  Though in my mind, there is no reason why the GOP shouldn't win this one, but then again, I thought the same thing about Romney v. Obama.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.