Author Topic: Obama says he will not be speaking at daughter Malia's high school graduation because he'll be too busy crying with emotion  (Read 431 times)

rangerrebew

Obama says he will not be speaking at daughter Malia's high school graduation because he'll be too busy crying with emotion

Barack Obama's oldest daughter Malia, 17, graduates high school this year
    Malia reportedly wants to work with film and is considering NYU for college
    'I'll just cry and sit there' when Malia graduates, the President told lunch guests in Detroit on Wednesday
    For more of the latest on Barack Obama visit www.dailymail.co.uk/obama

By Daily Mail Online Reporter

Published: 15:01 EST, 20 January 2016 | Updated: 08:58 EST, 21 January 2016

Malia Obama's high school will have to find another commencement speaker when she graduates this year.

Her father, President Barack Obama, says he'll be too emotional to get through a speech without crying.

Obama told lunch guests at the Jolly Pumpkin Brewery in Detroit on Wednesday that he'll just 'cry and sit there' when the 17-year-old graduates. He said he'll be too overcome to say anything.

The pair were pictured earlier this month at Honolulu Zoo in Hawaii during the family's Christmas vacation

The president visited Detroit on Wednesday to discuss a resurgence in the auto industry, but also took the opportunity to address the water crisis in Flint, Michigan.

'If I was a parent in Flint, I'd be beside myself over my kids' health,' Obama said according to CNNPolitics. 

Malia is a senior at the private Sidwell Friends School in Washington, a private school that charges $37,750 in tuition, according to its website. She is expected to start college in the fall.

Malia is reportedly choosing between two New York schools for her undergraduate education.

New York University and Barnard College are her two top choices, according to NBC New York.

The First Daughter wants to be a filmmaker, the station reported. 

The subject of Malia's impending departure from the White House also came up last week when Obama held a town hall in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

He told the audience he can't talk about the subject a lot because it makes him cry.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3408972/Obama-Hell-emotional-speak-Malias-graduation.html#ixzz3xz3cfzoh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

rangerrebew

One possibility for the tears - he's thinking how he could have had her aborted and not had to go through the pain of the ceremony.  He'll be crying because he would love to get in front of his admiring throngs and make a speech but there wouldn't be enough political traction to make it worthwhile.  He'd rather be golfing.

He could also invite Tammy Faye Boehner to sit with him so they could shed tears together.

Online mountaineer

Obama told lunch guests at the Jolly Pumpkin Brewery
He just can't stay away from the stuff, can he? I wonder if he's a weepy drunk.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline flowers

What a bunch of crap. There is another reason he isn't going. Since when does he care about crying in public? i am thinking the girl doesn't want him there?

Offline musiclady

What a bunch of crap. There is another reason he isn't going. Since when does he care about crying in public? i am thinking the girl doesn't want him there?

Wow.  That's a pretty powerful graphic you posted there, flowers.

That pretty much sums up his character and values............. or lack, thereof.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
How much onion juice is it going to take?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Carling

My parents loved the heck out of me but if they had cried at my HS graduation, it would have been tears of joy that I was off to college in the fall and there was only one kid left to raise.   :silly:   :seeya:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:57:16 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

I see i miss-read that. He is going. Just not going to speak.  Lately my brain seems to not be working correctly.