Author Topic: National Review Against Trump  (Read 4590 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: National Review Against Trump
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2016, 05:44:37 pm »
Lady showed some real passion there.   A lot of people in the heartland, voters and nonvoters alike, are sending a message this time to the political class in the only way that's getting through to them. By showing up and supporting Donald Trump.

Absolutely!   :beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2016, 06:21:28 pm »
Absolutely!   :beer:

All I've seen for months over the Internet and TV, is a 24/7 focus on Trump. Usually the focus is to smear him.

We have seen passionate posters here posting outdated articles, misleading headlines, any dirt they think might stick to Trump. No claim is too fantastic. But, where are the discussions of their ideas? Where are the arguments for the positions and qualifications of their favorite candidate?

All we've been getting is subtle innuendos and not so subtle statements of how stupid and duped Trump's supporters are.

You can't fight something with nothing. And so far Trump's detractors have nothing substantive to argue.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2016, 06:32:06 pm »
All I've seen for months over the Internet and TV, is a 24/7 focus on Trump. Usually the focus is to smear him.

We have seen passionate posters here posting outdated articles, misleading headlines, any dirt they think might stick to Trump. No claim is too fantastic. But, where are the discussions of their ideas? Where are the arguments for the positions and qualifications of their favorite candidate?

All we've been getting is subtle innuendos and not so subtle statements of how stupid and duped Trump's supporters are.

You can't fight something with nothing. And so far Trump's detractors have nothing substantive to argue.

:thumbsup2:

A lot of flailing going on. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2016, 06:34:18 pm »

Seriously, Aligncare?  Somehow you have managed to miss the many substantive arguments against Trump.  I'm surprised that is coming from you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2016, 01:54:33 am »
Once-Ler asks above:
"Where is the list of conservative thinkers who support Trump?"

Phyllis Schlafly for one.

She is the gold standard of conservatism from back in the Reagan days...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2016, 01:59:35 am »
Jazzhead wrote above:
"No we don't need a bulldozer.  A bulldozer would be stupid.   You don't level your damn house with a bulldozer, you fix it."

Repairs are indicated when the house is still "repairable".

Unfortunately, the current state of Republicans in the D.C. government more closely resembles this edifice:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2016, 03:29:12 am »
Once-Ler asks above:
"Where is the list of conservative thinkers who support Trump?"

Phyllis Schlafly for one.

She is the gold standard of conservatism from back in the Reagan days...

======================

She still is.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2016, 07:16:19 am »

If it's the "subtle innuendo" that's bothering you,  I suppose I can try to be more blunt about it. 

I'm amused, though, when you insist on taking broad statements about Trump supporters personally.    That's a whiney left-liberal tactic and you know it.   See,  that's because I think you're smart and not stupid. 

Some Trump supporters aren't stupid.   They want Trump because they think the nation needs a strongman, an American Putin if you will,  and like the way Obama's taken to the role and used his executive powers extra-Constitutionally.  They're not those concerned about Trump's decades-long sporadic and casual relationship with conservatism.   They're not those troubled by Trump's temperament,  amorality or arrogance.   

Those who support Trump for Machiavellian purposes aren't stupid,   but we all know Trump's a showman,  a professional huckster of his image and brand,  and well aware that his political goal and mission is to  - no subtle innuendo as you prefer it - RECRUIT THE STUPID.    Through appeals to fear,  the blaming of others,  and the creation of bogeymen.  Through the comfort of simplistic answers,  including the mythology that One Man can make the trains run on time.   

Trump himself knows he's recruiting the stupid - after all,  he could shoot someone and they'd follow him they're so flippin' stupid.  Aligncare,  why are you so concerned about what I think of Trump supporters?   Shouldn't you worry about what Trump himself thinks of them?     

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:55:49 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide