Author Topic: Levin ?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Levin ?
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 05:08:11 am »
So much this. :thumbsup:

Rush would say he lives in "Realsville."  It separates the boys from the men.  Boys believe in Santa Claus who will deliver what they desire.  Men believe in Jesus who guides us to achieve our desires.

You shared your concern about your daughter.  I'll share too.  My oldest boy is 25.  He delights in telling me of all his liberal philosophies when he comes home to visit.  He argues for action against climate change and a larger welfare safety net.  I encourage him to always question me as I am only human, but I believe in 5-10 years he will tire of sending 1/4 to a 1/3rd of his income to Washington to be given to an artist who paints the virgin Mary in feces.

Don't discount the possibility that your daughter knows something you overlooked.  As we both know many informed and intelligent posters have jumped aboard the Trump band wagon.  Maybe they are on to something.

*I had more to say Bigun, but my dog has just died.  My 12 year old son is in tears, but thankfully my daughters are asleep.

I blame Trump.

Oh no Once-ler!  I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.  We had to put our beloved dog to sleep before Christmas and I still can't talk about it without crying.  So sorry for the loss of your precious family member!

8888crybaby

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 05:32:44 am »

*I had more to say Bigun, but my dog has just died.  My 12 year old son is in tears, but thankfully my daughters are asleep.

Very sorry to hear about your dog...I read that with my Border Terrier sitting on my lap.  A deep heartache...only giving a great home to a new pup can help it a bit.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 05:55:24 am »
Levin's dad supports Trump.  I'll bet he has a wide variety of political views within his family, as we all do.  I hardly think that the fact his fiancee's son works in the Cruz senate office has caused Levin to be more favorable to Cruz.  Has his dad's support for Trump made him more favorable to Trump?

I can tell you that many people disagree with the political opinions of their kids.  Sometimes they agree.  Practically never does a kid sway a parent's political opinions.  We are not even talking about Levin's own kid.

This attempt to threaten Levin is deplorable.  He is the most educational radio host out there.  He is clearly guided by the Constitution and conservative principles, not by personality and power.  The attempt to behind the scenes manipulate Levin into silence or weakness is anti-republicanism at its worst.  How dare they.  I am anxious to hear what his investigation turns up.

Oh, and congratulations to Levin on his engagement.  I thought he was married to someone named Julie.  Shows what I know.  Congratulations to them both and best wishes for a long and happy life together.

Excellent post. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 07:36:56 am »
Oh no Once-ler!  I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.  We had to put our beloved dog to sleep before Christmas and I still can't talk about it without crying.  So sorry for the loss of your precious family member!

8888crybaby

Thanx alice and scott.  Pets become as precious as family members over time.  Connor was an adult rescue dog.  His owners cut his vocal cords so he could be kept in an apartment.  very sad.  We received him when my wife's parents could no longer give him the attention he deserved.  He had a great life with my children.  He taught them about caring for a special needs animal and responsibility. Sadly he was already very old when we got him.  He survived under our care for less than 2 years.  It appears he had a stroke in front of my wife.  he collapsed in front of her and she was so dazed by it, that it took several minutes for her to call out to me to hide the body.

Not sure what I will tell my girls in the morning, maybe nothing until they get back from school, but Mom and I are talking about getting a puppy to help them think of other stuff soon.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 08:19:09 am »
Thanx alice and scott.  Pets become as precious as family members over time.  Connor was an adult rescue dog.  His owners cut his vocal cords so he could be kept in an apartment.  very sad.  We received him when my wife's parents could no longer give him the attention he deserved.  He had a great life with my children.  He taught them about caring for a special needs animal and responsibility. Sadly he was already very old when we got him.  He survived under our care for less than 2 years.  It appears he had a stroke in front of my wife.  he collapsed in front of her and she was so dazed by it, that it took several minutes for her to call out to me to hide the body.

Not sure what I will tell my girls in the morning, maybe nothing until they get back from school, but Mom and I are talking about getting a puppy to help them think of other stuff soon.

You and your in-laws gave him some good years.  He'll be waiting for you on the other side.  I truly believe that. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 01:17:17 pm »
NO! Not OK with it at all but as we discussed earlier I must live in the world as it is not as I would like it to be.

A little cognitive dissonance there---but okay.   Thanks.   :seeya:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 01:20:09 pm »
I care about his pending stepson about as much I care about him. Zilch. Maybe if he gets  busy with his nuptials, he'll take a break from polluting the airways with his asinine shtick. 

Agree.     :thumbsup2:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 01:47:54 pm »
So much this. :thumbsup:

Rush would say he lives in "Realsville."  It separates the boys from the men.  Boys believe in Santa Claus who will deliver what they desire.  Men believe in Jesus who guides us to achieve our desires.

You shared your concern about your daughter.  I'll share too.  My oldest boy is 25.  He delights in telling me of all his liberal philosophies when he comes home to visit.  He argues for action against climate change and a larger welfare safety net.  I encourage him to always question me as I am only human, but I believe in 5-10 years he will tire of sending 1/4 to a 1/3rd of his income to Washington to be given to an artist who paints the virgin Mary in feces.

Don't discount the possibility that your daughter knows something you overlooked.  As we both know many informed and intelligent posters have jumped aboard the Trump band wagon.  Maybe they are on to something.

I blame Trump.

I suspect that my daughter will do enough tire kicking and looking under the hood before she actually has to cast her vote! And she ALWAYS votes for which I am very thankful!

Oh NO! That's like losing a member of the family! I know because I have experienced it recently myself! Take care of your son as that is much more important than any of this right now!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 03:37:27 pm »
I think what people are leaving out of this is how did Mark Levin's future son-in-law get the job? I'm a Trump/Cruz supporter, but I do admit it's lame for Levin to not have said these things about Trump until he went after Cruz.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2016, 03:41:02 pm »
Keep in mind, Donald Trump gave $100,000 to Rush Limbaugh, on-air, in 2011. That is a far more direct conflict of interest than this.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/15/trump-donates-100k-to-rush-limbaughs-cure-a-thon/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 03:56:08 pm »
Keep in mind, Donald Trump gave $100,000 to Rush Limbaugh, on-air, in 2011. That is a far more direct conflict of interest than this.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/15/trump-donates-100k-to-rush-limbaughs-cure-a-thon/

Limbaugh has criticized Trump. Levin hasn't criticized Cruz.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 04:04:25 pm »
Limbaugh has criticized Trump. Levin hasn't criticized Cruz.

Limbaugh has helped to power the Trump express.   He's earned every cent Trump paid his favorite charity.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 04:17:05 pm »
Levin is one of the honest people on the Radio. The notion he is swayed one way or the other due to family relations is absurd. He has been hard but fair on all candidates.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 04:17:09 pm »

An excellent idea!  I foster rescues, and I believe that the best dog owners want the rescue dogs. My Border Terrier, Hamish, was going to be one of my foster's (he is just one year old), but I couldn't let him go, so now he's mine.

...Bob Dylan

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 04:20:13 pm »

Sad when "Conservatives" are so emotionally hysteric for this or that candidate that they start using Leftist fake-a-smear tactics to attack this or that messager.

Limbaugh has criticized Trump tactics and he has yet to criticize Cruz on anything. So your smear attempt here is exposed as absurd nonsense.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 04:25:25 pm »
Levin is one of the honest people on the Radio. The notion he is swayed one way or the other due to family relations is absurd. He has been hard but fair on all candidates.

I don't listen to any of the radio jocks, I would but I just don't have the time.  I think it is too far a stretch to think that just because he has a son-in-law (or future SIL) working for a candidate that he would alter his views as a result. He has his own reputation and business to maintain...and it is not unusual for families to exhibit wild differences in political opinion. Hell, I have a very close sister who believes that Dick Cheney and Sarah Palin should get the death penalty (she believes in the DP only for people like them). She feels The Bern deeply...

...Bob Dylan

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 04:26:57 pm »
Limbaugh has helped to power the Trump express.   He's earned every cent Trump paid his favorite charity.

He criticized him for the Cruz attacks.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 04:46:00 pm »
Limbaugh has criticized Trump often and as has been said here - I have NEVER heard him criticize Cruz - never!  He always has high praise for him.  People that are disparaging him must not listen to his show much. 

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2016, 02:48:47 am »
Sad when "Conservatives" are so emotionally hysteric for this or that candidate that they start using Leftist fake-a-smear tactics to attack this or that messager.

Limbaugh has criticized Trump tactics and he has yet to criticize Cruz on anything. So your smear attempt here is exposed as absurd nonsense.

jmyrlefuller is a smart fellow and a critical thinker.  You do your argument a disservice when you characterize his valid point as a emotionally hysteric smear.  It was something I was unaware of before today and something to consider.

That being said, you also make a good observation.  I don't listen to Rush everyday, but I hear at least part of his show 3-4 days a week and you are correct that I have never heard him criticize Cruz.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2016, 03:11:48 am »
I am really sorry to hear about your dog Once.  It is difficult to lose a furry loved one.  It's been a couple of years for me and we even got another dog ... but I still get choked up at times.  When I first lost him ... I would still envision where he would be and what he would do ... it's tough.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2016, 03:14:25 am »
Thanx liberty. :seeya: