Author Topic: Dangerous Winter Storm Jonas to Bring Crippling Snowstorm, Major Ice Threat; Blizzard Warnings for D.C., Baltimore  (Read 7598 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Oops!  I thought it was supposed to start yesterday.  NOW we're getting snow - coming down pretty good.  We've got maybe a half-inch on top of the inch we had, but more is coming down.

We're working on at least 3, maybe 4 inches so far and it's snowing hard right now here.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline katzenjammer

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Reporting from No. VA/DC:  We've been in full panic mode since Monday.   :laugh:

Light snow started falling a little before 1:00 pm--about two hours earlier than predicted.

If we get the 20--30 inches predicted, your government will be closed for a week.  See---there's a silver lining.   88devil

Well, for my area - it's been a big bust. We ain't got crap yet.  Anyone else getting stormed?

LOL!  I know that feeling.  Where are you located?

Offline alicewonders

LOL!  I know that feeling.  Where are you located?

I said that yesterday when I mistakenly thought the storm was supposed to start.  Today - we're getting snow!  See my picture above - and we might have gotten another inch since then.  Locally, they are saying we'll get six inches. 

I love a snow day!  Making a big pot of soup, cuddling with my cats and watching the pretty snow come down.  Got a bottle of Maker's Mark I'll be sipping on a little later when I'll be watching some movies, maybe reading a bit - and yes!  I plan to wear my pajamas all day long!

888catbed

I said that yesterday when I mistakenly thought the storm was supposed to start.  Today - we're getting snow!  See my picture above - and we might have gotten another inch since then.  Locally, they are saying we'll get six inches. 

I love a snow day!  Making a big pot of soup, cuddling with my cats and watching the pretty snow come down.  Got a bottle of Maker's Mark I'll be sipping on a little later when I'll be watching some movies, maybe reading a bit - and yes!  I plan to wear my pajamas all day long!

888catbed   

LOL!!  I love snow days, too!  And, I'm home  and in for the duration with a kitchen full of food!!   :beer:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Spending my early childhood in Utah, Wyoming and Colorado, I am again amused by the panic of the easterners over what hearty Westerners deal with routinely. s/

My SIL is at 7,500 ft. elevation in Flagstaff and has had lots, and lots of snow all season. My BIL is in Reno, and has had lots of snow all season.

And we got enough snow pack in the Sierras to postpone our devastating drought. Life is good.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

If we get the 20--30 inches predicted, your government will be closed for a week.  See---there's a silver lining.   88devil
I heard govt "workers" were sent home early. See, we really can do without them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

Spending my early childhood in Utah, Wyoming and Colorado, I am again amused by the panic of the easterners over what hearty Westerners deal with routinely. s/

My SIL is at 7,500 ft. elevation in Flagstaff and has had lots, and lots of snow all season. My BIL is in Reno, and has had lots of snow all season.

And we got enough snow pack in the Sierras to postpone our devastating drought. Life is good.
I too am amused. We live at 6,500 ft. Winter it snows until June. We have only 4ft right now. Sometimes get 2ft in 24hrs.

Offline musiclady

One inch so far in outside the beltway Maryland.  Definitely enough to close the schools in DC.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
In D.C., they've moved the CAPITALS game from 7pm to 5pm.

The regional METRO rail shuts down at 11pm tonight and the entire system is closed Saturday and Sunday.

Started snowing about 2 hours ago, and just discovered I'm down to one stick of butter.  WTF!!!

Oh, and thank God for Netflix.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

The regional METRO rail shuts down at 11pm tonight and the entire system is closed Saturday and Sunday.

Started snowing about 2 hours ago, and just discovered I'm down to one stick of butter.  WTF!!!

Stay safe and warm, DC!

(I think one can survive without butter............ but I'm not absolutely sure.  :beer: )

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline alicewonders

OMG DC!  You were too busy buying milk and toilet paper to remember the butter.  Maybe you can stretch it with olive oil! 

As an aside - have you ever popped popcorn in olive oil?  It's delicious.

I've gotten hooked on Kerry Gold butter from Ireland - I can never go back to American butter again.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Stay safe and warm, DC!

(I think one can survive without butter............ but I'm not absolutely sure.  :beer: )

Uh...no you cannot.

What kind of cretin lives without butter?   :laugh:

Here's something everybody can enjoy.  It's a riot!    :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SemqaC3UdI&sns=fb
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mrclose

Seven inches!

Averaging an inch an hour!  :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Nothing in CT yet. But it "looked like snow" all afternoon.

Offline aligncare

Staten Island checking in. No snow, but you can feel it about to come in. I'm right on the edge. I think if I were to walk a block south I would find it snowing!

Offline EdinVA

I just knew God was going to make us pay for our 70 degree Christmas........
About 5 inches at Dulles Airport....

Offline Charlespg

Getting freezing rain here

would prefer snow
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline aligncare

Finally! Freezing rain mixed with snow whipping around the street lights.

Offline musiclady

Son in MD just posted a photo of their house covered in beautiful snow!

Settle in everyone and enjoy the inactivity.  ^-^

Offline Carling

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Good morning.  No. VA/DC:  15 inches and counting!  Snow predicted to continue most of the day.   ^-^

Offline aligncare

How bout it, folks? Anyone else here rootin for global warming? Were it true, right about now, I'd say I'm for more of it!

The white stuff was piled up high against the front door this morning. Thoughts of Barbados.

Offline mountaineer

We're near the northern edge of this storm and woke up to about 5" of snow, but it's still coming down. Clearing the driveway can wait.

Pennsylvania and WV have sent out their National Guard with heavy equipment to free stranded tractor-trailers. A stretch of I-77 has 150 trucks that can't go anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:50:30 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org