Author Topic: The Bush blame game begins  (Read 470 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Bush blame game begins
« on: January 21, 2016, 06:07:01 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/jeb-bush-2016-campaign-blame-218049

The Bush blame game begins

With Jeb struggling, supporters, staff and donors start pointing the finger at the super PAC’s chief, Mike Murphy.

By Anna Palmer and Eli Stokols

01/21/16 05:09 AM EST

They think he wasted money on everything from an iPad-sized video mailer to direct mail for donors in states that don’t yet matter. They think his attacks on Marco Rubio are doing more harm than good. And they worry that, at the end, all he will have accomplished is the destruction of the Bush family brand.

The big-money supporters fueling Jeb Bush’s super PAC have found their boogeyman: Mike Murphy, a sharp-witted, Twitter-obsessed veteran GOP ad man who runs Right to Rise.

If Bush’s campaign ends with anything other than the GOP nomination, blame is certain to be widespread. But that donors and GOP operatives are already sniping at Murphy before the first votes are cast demonstrates the depth of frustration and displeasure with the Bush-world loyalist.

“It looks like they’re blowing the whole thing up, like even if Jeb can’t win, they’re not going to let anyone else win either,” said a Florida Bush backer and Right to Rise donor who worked on Bush’s gubernatorial campaigns and in his administration. “You might as well light all of this money on fire. Most of all, they’re hurting the reputation of a really great man.”

POLITICO interviewed nearly two dozen Right to Rise donors and Bush supporters, and all blamed Murphy for a super PAC strategy that has failed to boost their struggling candidate. Multiple advisers to the Right to Rise super PAC concede privately that the $40 million spent on positive ads aimed at telling Bush’s story has yielded no tangible dividends.

Among the many and varied complaints, several Republicans close to the Bush campaign have questioned the PAC’s decision to let John Kasich own the airwaves in New Hampshire this fall, allowing the Ohio governor to get a foothold in a state where Bush must perform well to keep his White House bid alive. Others faulted Right to Rise for spending so much money on telling Bush’s story and not changing tactics immediately after Donald Trump entered the race and began stoking the groundswell of anti-establishment sentiment and defined Bush — lastingly — as “low energy.”

“At a time when so many voters are anti-establishment and angry at the government, the last thing you should say in all of your campaign ads is ‘I am a former governor with a great record of governing,’” said Joe Culotta, a former Republican Party of Florida consultant who is supporting Rubio. “Don't get me wrong, I respect Gov. Bush and totally agree that he did great things in Florida. But to voters, that translates to ‘I have a lot of experience in being part of the establishment and the government that you all hate.’”

These sour feelings about Murphy’s management of Right to Rise mark a dramatic turn for a group that came out of the gate in stunning fashion, raising a record $103 million last summer and setting a breakneck pace that many, a year ago, thought couldn’t be matched.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/jeb-bush-2016-campaign-blame-218049#ixzz3xu4xMDFd

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: The Bush blame game begins
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:17:09 pm »
I don't think they are hurting Jeb's reputation at all; he ruined his reputation by himself a long time ago.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 06:18:49 pm »
The establishment GOP still can't figure out what is happening.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:23:24 pm »
Blame?

1. Dad (gave him his last name, then proceeded to have a failed presidency when everything was stacked in his favor by his predecessor).

2. Brother of the same last name (managed to squander incredible good will and support in the last 6 years of his presidency to become nearly universally disdained...and demonized by his opponents without response).

He can stop there.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 06:54:09 pm »
The establishment GOP still can't figure out what is happening.

:beer:  Exactly.  How long will it be before they finally get it?  One fiasco establishment candidate after another; McCain, Romney and Jeb. Good grief, Jeb never even got off the ground.  He's not even polling in the double digits; he is polling at 8% in New Hampshire and 4% in Iowa...pretty pitiful.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:56:26 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 07:27:39 pm »
I watched him the other day say how he was champion for the unborn and infirm. Terry Schiavo not available for comment.  :chairbang:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 07:34:42 pm »
I watched him the other day say how he was champion for the unborn and infirm. Terry Schiavo not available for comment.  :chairbang:

:thumbsup:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 07:59:32 pm »
Jebbuh and most of the other GOPe moderates were dead the minute Trump entered the race. At that point their campaigns needed a complete retooling and rebranding, but they misread the tea leaves and thought Trump was a flash in the pan. It should have dawned on them by September, with good conservatives like Walker, Perry, and Jindal among others not getting traction, that guys like Bush, Kasich, Graham, or Christie weren't going to either.

Rubio is the only one of that group that stayed nimble enough to get somewhere. Same with Cruz and of course Trump, and for awhile Carson and Fiorina till they stumbled. And frankly if I'm forced with a GOPe nominee, I'd much rather have Rubio, who's weakness is mostly immigration.  Or at the very worst Christie, who at least has some huevos at least to stand up to liberals on things like the budget.

Bush has been stodgy and lame and a little entitled thru this whole contest. He thought he could outspend and outlast all the other GOPe wannabes and have their support coalesce to him when they dropped. And he was wrong. The old GOPe plodding behemoth approach didn't work this time because there were too many dynamic (and well funded) candidates better than him.

Sorry Jebbuh, but that's the breaks.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:00:22 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 08:01:20 pm »
:thumbsup:
I almost lost it when I heard him say that.   **nononono* It was the first thing out of his mouth in the interview. The only reason I even heard it.....I couldn't get to the remote fast enough!  :king:

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 08:03:52 pm »
Jebbuh and most of the other GOPe moderates were dead the minute Trump entered the race. At that point their campaigns needed a complete retooling and rebranding, but they misread the tea leaves and thought Trump was a flash in the pan. It should have dawned on them by September, with good conservatives like Walker, Perry, and Jindal among others not getting traction, that guys like Bush, Kasich, Graham, or Christie weren't going to either.

Rubio is the only one of that group that stayed nimble enough to get somewhere. Same with Cruz and of course Trump, and for awhile Carson and Fiorina till they stumbled. And frankly if I'm forced with a GOPe nominee, I'd much rather have Rubio, who's weakness is mostly immigration.  Or at the very worst Christie, who at least has some huevos at least to stand up to liberals on things like the budget.

Bush has been stodgy and lame and a little entitled thru this whole contest. He thought he could outspend and outlast all the other GOPe wannabes and have their support coalesce to him when they dropped. And he was wrong. The old GOPe plodding behemoth approach didn't work this time because there were too many dynamic (and well funded) candidates better than him.

Sorry Jebbuh, but that's the breaks.
:spoton:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 01:49:51 am »
Hmmmmmm......
Lemmmmeeeesseeee here.....

"Blame game"...?

How about:
No more Bushes!
No more Clintons!
No more political dynasties!

How's that?

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 01:55:31 am »
Hmmmmmm......

"Blame game"...?

How about:
No more Bushes!
No more Clintons!

How's that?

:beer:  :patriot:  :patriot:  Time for a real change!

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 02:15:20 am »
Hmmmmmm......

"Blame game"...?

How about:
No more Bushes!
No more Clintons!

How's that?
That is wonderful!!  :king: