Author Topic: Ex-House GOP leader: Trump won't survive primaries  (Read 599 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-House GOP leader: Trump won't survive primaries
« on: January 21, 2016, 05:41:24 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/266577-ex-house-gop-leader-trump-wont-survive-primaries

January 21, 2016, 10:55 am
Ex-House GOP leader: Trump won't survive primaries

By Rebecca Savransky

Former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor doesn't think Donald Trump will make it through the primaries.

Cantor, who is backing former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush for president, told Bloomberg in an interview at the Davos Economic Forum that he doesn’t think Trump will be the GOP nominee.

At the same time, the former Virginia Republican lawmaker warned of dire consequences for the global economy if he does win.

“Unfortunately I do think that if there were to be a Trump administration the casualty would likely be trade,” Cantor, now vice chairman of Moelis & Company, told Bloomberg. “That’s a very serious prospect for the world.”

Trump and Cantor have tangled in the past over Cantor’s endorsement of Bush.

“Who wants the endorsement of a guy (@EricCantor) who lost in perhaps the greatest upset in the history of Congress,” the Republican presidential front-runner tweeted in August.

Cantor was defeated in a Republican primary to Rep. Dave Brat, an economics professor who wasn't well known in political circles.

In October, Cantor said Trump's support comes from a “small vocal minority,” that wasn't “reflective of the Republican Party.

“There’s a real difference between the Democratic Party and the Republican Party and I would not say Donald Trump is reflective of the Republican Party, he’s not a conservative,” Cantor said in an interview with BBC's "Hardtalk."

Trump has been leading in national polls and in many states.

In a New Hampshire poll released Wednesday by CNN and WMUR, he led his closest competitor by 20 points.

Bloomberg’s story that included Cantor’s remarks focused on how many of the

2,500 business and political leaders in Davos were worried about Trump, in part because of his call for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the country.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ex-House GOP leader: Trump won't survive primaries
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 05:51:54 pm »
Former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor doesn't think Donald Trump will make it through the primaries.

I guess if Cantor could miss his own oncoming defeat he could certainly miss Trump's oncoming victory.    000hehehehe

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 06:17:01 pm »
TUMP will implode at 80% Just watch! :silly:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:26:19 pm »
TUMP will implode at 80% Just watch! :silly:

Lol...maybe the polls are just wrong! When is the GOPe going to realize that Trump isn't going anywhere.  He's in a tie for the lead in Iowa and winning by a 20 point lead in New Hampshire.  Trump is polling at 32%, followed by Kasich at 12.3%. What part of that don't they grasp?  I know it is supposed to be Bush territory ... but Jeb is done.  He is toast.  Finished.  Ship has sailed. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 06:58:05 pm »
If he truly believes this, then why all the handwringing? It seems to me there are certain folks in D.C. who are afraid of the voters, especially registered Republicans. Of course, given Cantor's status as former lawmaker, it's not surprising.

And really, Davos?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 07:25:16 pm »
Since eric is backing bush......I wouldn't put it past the GOPe to pull a dirty trick to make sure Trump won't.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 01:51:09 am »
"Former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor doesn't think Donald Trump will make it through the primaries..."

Speak for yourself, Eric!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 01:54:46 am »
I generally couldn't care less what Eric has to say about anything these days but in this case I sincerely hope he is right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 02:00:04 am »
Since eric is backing bush......I wouldn't put it past the GOPe to pull a dirty trick to make sure Trump won't.

====================================

1,000% odds on Eric Cantor.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 02:07:39 am »
====================================

1,000% odds on Eric Cantor.

The only problem that Trump is having right now is in Iowa.  No one even comes close to him in New Hampshire.  The party would have to find a reason to disqualify him...and quite honestly ... they are more concerned with Cruz right now.

This anti-Trump rhetoric by the GOPe could be nothing more than hype. Sorry to all the Trump supporters, but there is something about Trump, I just don't trust. Anything could happen ... Trump could drop out of the race and give all his delegates to Bush...who knows. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 02:27:03 am »
The only problem that Trump is having right now is in Iowa.  No one even comes close to him in New Hampshire.  The party would have to find a reason to disqualify him...and quite honestly ... they are more concerned with Cruz right now.

This anti-Trump rhetoric by the GOPe could be nothing more than hype. Sorry to all the Trump supporters, but there is something about Trump, I just don't trust. Anything could happen ... Trump could drop out of the race and give all his delegates to Bush...who knows.

=====================================

Democrats For Trump @TrumpDemocrats

“We represent the millions of Democrats who are devoted to putting Donald Trump in the White House. #Trump is #Yuge & is going to make #America great again!”

Just when smirky Cruz was in full swing using his Jedi mind trick social media spy data, provided by his campaign surveillance programs (thank you Facebook and Cambridge Analytica, NOT! ), Trump received the most coveted endorsement of all from the Queen of Conservatism herself, Sarah Palin, but that’s not all… Democrats For Trump has surfaced with their new group on Twitter. It seems millions of democrats are tired of the establishment games and double talk too.

Democrats For Trump @TrumpDemocrats

“We represent the millions of Democrats who are devoted to putting Donald Trump in the White House. #Trump is #Yuge & is going to make #America great again!”

There are now many Facebook Groups shouting ‘Democrats For Trump’ because Trump is going to make America great again. I will not say “sorry” to either Bernie nor Hillary, what I will say is “YOU ARE ALL BUSTED!” I will also not say I am sorry to Cruz and the football team of other GOP candidates, what I will say is “YOU ARE ALL BUSTED!”

There is a new thing happening around the nation- it is called Americans for America! The people are looking for an American born leader who will bring back that good old saying – “MADE IN AMERICA!” They are repulsed at the mere thought of “MADE IN NORTH AMERICA!” Americans are not looking for a north American union….they are looking for USA sovereignty! They are looking for a safe America, and a united America. They are looking for jobs, opportunity, and a government that represents their interests and not the interests of the great merchants of the earth and their globalist efforts.

Americans want their borders secured, they do not want Syrian refugees and the chaos that they are watching take place in Europe! Americans are tired of the globalist United Nations mandates and want no part of their one world order.

Americans are tired of their veterans being treated worse than illegal immigrants! They are mad as hell and not going to allow it anymore! Americans are against Common Core and the dumbing down of their kids. They are appalled at the sex education taught to their minors. Americans are not ever going to give up their guns and their right to bear arms against a tyrannical government, so stop trying! Americans are sick and tired of watching their military be humiliated by an incompetent, anti-American Commander in Chief. Americans are no longer willing to sit by and watch the national debt clock and global banking schemes force America into a third world poverty level. Americans know all about GMO’s and Chemtrails and are sick and tired of watching the weather be manipulated by high tech toys in the hands of evil maniacs.

Americans are no longer willing to allow big pharma to put poisons into their own and their children’s bodies, especially vaccines that have terrible side effects!

America is angry at the politically correct propaganda and a lying government controlled news media!   We know the drill and it is now a total fail because true Americans are awake and they aren’t going back to sleep!

So, get over it establishment puppet masters and puppets – we know who you are and we are voting for a leader to help us triumph over your tyrannical driven regime. That bold, courageous leader is TRUMP!

Trump does not stand alone, to get to him you have to go through all of us – all of the AMERICANS that stand by AMERICA AND THEIR NEW COMMANDER IN CHIEF, DONALD JOHN TRUMP

Dianne Marshall

https://themarshallreport.wordpress.com/2016/01/21/americans-for-america-want-trump-listen-up-establishment-get-out-of-our-way/