Author Topic: Former Sec Def Bob Gates: Obama Thinks He’s The Smartest Person In The Room  (Read 1181 times)

rangerrebew

Former Sec Def Bob Gates: Obama Thinks He’s The Smartest Person In The Room

Posted By Jonah Bennett On 3:57 PM 01/20/2016 In | No Comments

Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who served during the Obama administration, has turned into a harsh critic of the president, saying that Barack Obama always thinks he’s the smartest person in the room.

Gates also bashed Obama for bringing on advisers who do little else but constantly agree with his proposals, fostering a group-think environment where dissenting opinion essentially does not exist, The Free Beacon reports. In other words, there are no “strong” people around the president. And when there is dissent, Obama tries to crush it. Back in October, Politico reported that Obama’s advisers urged him to deal with Syria more aggressively, but the president refused to listen to advice. Now, the administration has been forced to acquiesce to Russian demands that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad remain in power. Additionally, Russian airstrikes, which have proved to be far more effective than U.S. strikes, continue to stomp on the Obama administration’s foreign policy objectives.

“You know, the president is quoted as having said at one point to his staff, ‘I can do every one of your jobs better than you can,'” Gates told Joe Scarborough, host of MSNBC’s Morning Joe, on Tuesday.

While Gates ostensibly appeared on Morning Joe to promote his new book on leadership, he veered off into discussing the president’s ability to govern effectively. In the current White House, Gates said that the greatest problem is the inability to develop and implement a strategy.

In a separate interview with Business Insider, Gates said that Obama’s biggest foreign policy achievement, namely the Iran nuclear deal, is likely to fall flat on its face, in that it will not cause Tehran to cease support for terror groups across the Middle East.

Gates has a history of critical comments during at Obama for majorly centralizing power and increasing the clout of the National Security Council to the detriment of the Pentagon, the FBI and other agencies.

Other defense secretaries have also chimed in on the subject.

Chuck Hagel, who said he was forced out because of his reticence to release detainees at the pace requested by the administration, said that the White House constantly engaged in “politically motivated micromanagement.”

A recent case of micromanagement came to the forefront in the wake of the San Bernardino terrorist attacks, in which Obama instructed the FBI to downplay the terrorist angle when conducting an investigation.

Follow Jonah Bennett on Twitter

Send tips to jonah@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/20/former-sec-def-bob-gates-obama-thinks-hes-the-smartest-person-in-the-room/

rangerrebew

Aw, what's wrong with terminal narcissism?  ***blushing*** :peeonobama:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Aw, what's wrong with terminal narcissism?  ***blushing*** :peeonobama:

What scares me is so many anti-Bathhouse Barry voters seem so ready to replace him with a paler version of him. Even his biggest fans admit that Trump is a narcissistic ego-maniac that thinks he is the smartest man on the planet.

Obomber had an AA upbringing that led him to grow up believing he is a genius that can do no wrong,and Trump had a trust fund and family lawyers that led him to believe the same about himself.

The reality is that in a just world,Bathhouse Barry would be an assistant manager of a car wash somewhere,and Trust Fund Trump would probably be middle-management in some white collar firm if it weren't for inherited wealth and family connections.

Not hard to look smart when the system refuses to fail you,or when you are born into great wealth and influence. Neither one has the first clue on what it takes to succeed based solely on your own ability and hard work.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:47:18 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline xfreeper

Like him or not, I think your comments on trump are wrong. True, he had some major advantages coming up but it seems to me he has developed into someone quite capable of holding his own in the real world. Barry...no. Even with his advantages he has proven to be not capable.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Like him or not, I think your comments on trump are wrong. True, he had some major advantages coming up but it seems to me he has developed into someone quite capable of holding his own in the real world.

No,he's a lying punk that hides behind his lawyers after he steals money from his investors. His business model is bankruptcy,which means he is knowingly lying to the people he encourages to invest in his schemes in order to steal from them. The fairly recent scam in Mexico he lent his name to is a perfect example. Luxury condos on the beach in Mexico for wealthy retired Americans. They sell out and only build maybe  percent of the condos when the Mexican government moves in and shuts it down because it is illegal for foreigners to own property in Mexico. Do you REALLY think Trump and his battalion of lawyers didn't know that going in? Yet he milked them dry with consulting fees,percentages on sales,and even charging them for the use of his limos and private jet for going to meetings and promotions.

He's doing the same thing with this most recent scam. About a month or so ago I read a news report that he had already billed his campaign more than $700,000 for the use of his private jet to fly him to campaign stops and interviews,and this didn't include employee wages,limo use,bodyguards,meals,etc,etc,etc.

At heart he is a carney geek scan artist whose only real plan is to fleece the sheep.

He is doing what all salesmen do to close a sale. He is telling his "customers" (voters) what they want to hear. I even admit I like hearing it,too. Even more importantly,I'd like to hear a few more details about how he plans to pull those things off than "I'll just hire good managers,doanworryboutit!"

Please feel free to disagree with me if you like,though. It won't be long before we find out who is right.

BTW,do you REALLY think he will be willing to put all his money into blind trusts if he is elected? I see him using that as an excuse to drop out.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:55:32 pm by sneakypete »

Offline xfreeper

You do raise one interesting point. I imagine most of trumps wealth is tied to his company which operates in a very public way. Promotion and brand are cornerstones. I wonder how this could possibly be compatible with the blind trust approach.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No,he's a lying punk that hides behind his lawyers after he steals money from his investors. His business model is bankruptcy,which means he is knowingly lying to the people he encourages to invest in his schemes in order to steal from them. The fairly recent scam in Mexico he lent his name to is a perfect example. Luxury condos on the beach in Mexico for wealthy retired Americans. They sell out and only build maybe  percent of the condos when the Mexican government moves in and shuts it down because it is illegal for foreigners to own property in Mexico. Do you REALLY think Trump and his battalion of lawyers didn't know that going in? Yet he milked them dry with consulting fees,percentages on sales,and even charging them for the use of his limos and private jet for going to meetings and promotions.

He's doing the same thing with this most recent scam. About a month or so ago I read a news report that he had already billed his campaign more than $700,000 for the use of his private jet to fly him to campaign stops and interviews,and this didn't include employee wages,limo use,bodyguards,meals,etc,etc,etc.

At heart he is a carney geek scan artist whose only real plan is to fleece the sheep.

He is doing what all salesmen do to close a sale. He is telling his "customers" (voters) what they want to hear. I even admit I like hearing it,too. Even more importantly,I'd like to hear a few more details about how he plans to pull those things off than "I'll just hire good managers,doanworryboutit!"

Please feel free to disagree with me if you like,though. It won't be long before we find out who is right.

BTW,do you REALLY think he will be willing to put all his money into blind trusts if he is elected? I see him using that as an excuse to drop out.

FWIW I agree with what you said 100%!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You do raise one interesting point. I imagine most of trumps wealth is tied to his company which operates in a very public way. Promotion and brand are cornerstones. I wonder how this could possibly be compatible with the blind trust approach.

Beats me. It's going to take someone with more understanding of trusts than me to figure that one out. I'm too busy trying to protect the $12 in my savings account

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
FWIW I agree with what you said 100%!

Thanks! There doesn't seem to be many people here who are prepared to hear a few discouraging words.