Author Topic: McCain Senior Staffer: Palin ‘One of America’s Most Astounding Morons’; Endorsement ‘Just Classless’  (Read 395 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/20/mccain-senior-staffer-palin-one-of-americas-most-astounding-morons-endorsement-just-classless/

A former McCain senior adviser blasted former Alaska governor Sarah Palin’s endorsement of GOP frontrunner Donald Trump as “just classless,” telling Politico’s Ben Schreckinger that McCain’s vice presidential running mate is “one of America’s most astounding morons.”

Schreckinger reports:

“It’s just classless,” said a former senior adviser to McCain of the endorsement, predicting it would backfire. “It’s undermining to a key Trump message which is one of competency. What Trump has said is that he’s going to hire the very best people and bring in men of Carl Icahn’s ilk … and he’s appearing with someone who’s viewed as one of America’s most astounding morons.”

Palin’s endorsement of Trump follows a public dispute between the New York real estate tycoon and the Arizona senator who accused Trump of “firing up the crazies” after Trump held a campaign rally in Phoenix with supporters who comprise McCain’s own constituents. Trump fired back by dismissing McCain’s status as a war hero and calling out McCain’s disparagement of thousands of Arizonans as “crazies.”

Palin electrified the GOP base after being tapped as McCain’s running mate in 2008. As shown in the documentary “The Undefeated” by Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon, Palin’s addition to the McCain ticket gave the lackluster McCain campaign their only lead in the polls against Barack Obama until the financial crisis conclusively brought any hope of a GOP victory to an end. McCain’s decision to “suspend” his campaign following the financial meltdown sent his poll numbers into a nosedive that he never recovered from.

After the 2008 election, the GOP establishment consultants that comprised McCain’s senior campaign staff quickly turned on Palin, shifting the blame for the campaign’s failure on Palin rather than on the consultants who devised McCain’s strategy to deal with the financial crisis.

In spite of the behavior of his staffers, Palin has maintained her loyalty to McCain, who has sought her help in shoring up his conservative base in Arizona. Palin’s endorsement of McCain’s 2010 Senate re-election allowed him to stave off a conservative primary challenger.

Offline xfreeper

Palin was good enough to be mccain's running mate. Either these guys are stupid or disingenuous. Which is it>

Offline flowers

Palin was good enough to be mccain's running mate. Either these guys are stupid or disingenuous. Which is it>
greedy is more like it. Cannot have the ruling elite lose their power.

Online mountaineer

These are the kind of cheap shots that kept me quiet on Palin.  She did not impress me, but neither was I going to pile on with a bunch of unfair smears.
Amen. No matter who else is engaging in name-calling, I really think intelligent people can resist the temptation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I think we have enough anti Palin threads now...piling on is a good term....enough already
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34