Author Topic: Meghan McCain on Palin's Trump endorsement: It was hard to watch  (Read 188 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/meghan-mccain-palin-trump-218024

For Meghan McCain, Sarah Palin's endorsement of Donald Trump was difficult to watch.

The daughter of Sen. John McCain, who picked Palin to be his running mate in 2008, said she was specifically pained because of Trump's past remarks about her father's prisoner-of-war status in the Vietnam War.

“This has been a hard one for me. It really has been. My father’s campaign was all about character and integrity and I know that a lot of the beliefs that my father has espoused isn’t popular anymore. I understand that. I understand that anti-establishment candidates are taking over," she said in an interview Wednesday on Fox Business Network's "Varney & Co."

Her father's advisers and staff remain like "extended family," McCain added. "It is hard for me to watch her endorse Donald Trump after what Donald Trump said about my father’s service. Just on a personal level, it’s hard for me to differentiate personal and politics in a situation like this.”

Offline xfreeper

Re: Meghan McCain on Palin's Trump endorsement: It was hard to watch
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 08:41:34 pm »
Meghan mccain is hard to watch too