Author Topic: Go Home, Sarah. You’re Drunk.  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Go Home, Sarah. You’re Drunk.
« on: January 20, 2016, 05:20:23 pm »
Susan Wright
RedState
January 20, 2016

Today we saw someone who was once a rising star in the conservative world explode in an inglorious display of crass opportunism.

Sarah Palin, that darling of a failed John McCain presidential bid, has resurfaced to throw her voice and her support behind the gilded toad of the GOP, Donald Trump. Where she was once a strong Tea Party leader, promoting free market ideas, limited government, and power back in the hands of the people, today she forsook it all, in favor of a big government, foul mouthed, Wall Street liberal with atrocious hair.

Far too often, we see that power corrupts and fame can be an intoxicating drug. Palin and her family became a political hot topic in 2008, targeted by comedians and tabloids, as well as the conservative punditry, anxious to foist this fresh, bold, “Mama Grizzly” into the limelight, and to sweep up ratings for themselves along the way. For a bit, it worked. Voters and TV execs alike were enthralled by she and her whole family. Daughter Bristol, as an unwed mother to a beautiful baby boy, even wrote a book about abstinence and toured the nation to give the warning to wait, don’t do what she did, learn from her poor judgment! She even got a reality TV show out of it for a short while.
More

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Go Home, Sarah. You’re Drunk.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 06:37:57 pm »
Those talking heads (I’m looking squarely at you, Sean Hannity) who are obviously in the Donald’s soiled pocket need to see their ratings plummet, as a fitting response to their willingness to turn a blind eye to this fraud in our midst and build him up, even as he tears the name of conservatism down.
Note: Rush Limbaugh's contract, coincidentally, runs out just after the 2016 general election. This could be a sign that he might be nearing the end. While he's only about 65 or so, and that's not insanely old in radio, it is a typical retirement age.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 06:56:10 pm »
Susan Wright
RedState
January 20, 2016
More

Cruz supporters might want to realize that when your every article is a Leftist style emotionally hysteric bile laced tirade about Trump, people simply stop listening. Drop the emotionally hysteric hyperbolic infantile attacks  like this artilceand try making a case FOR your candidate. The only people who read these articles are the people who all ready agree with you. Everyone else just points at the author and laughs.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 06:57:59 pm »
Note: Rush Limbaugh's contract, coincidentally, runs out just after the 2016 general election. This could be a sign that he might be nearing the end. While he's only about 65 or so, and that's not insanely old in radio, it is a typical retirement age.

Rush to me seems like he's ready to get the hell out, take his bucks and hole up somewhere far away. I think he sees the writing on the wall.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 07:01:55 pm »
I'm not going to read the entire piece. The title indicates a certain level of stupidity on the writer's part. I'm not impressed with Palin's endorsement,  either, but let's try to act like adults.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 07:27:35 pm »
Cruz supporters might want to realize that when your every article is a Leftist style emotionally hysteric bile laced tirade about Trump, people simply stop listening. Drop the emotionally hysteric hyperbolic infantile attacks  like this artilceand try making a case FOR your candidate. The only people who read these articles are the people who all ready agree with you. Everyone else just points at the author and laughs.

That's exactly what I think will eventually happen to Trump: eventually his emotional, hysterical, hyperbolic, bile-laced tirades will turn people off.  We'll see.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 08:03:28 pm »
That's exactly what I think will eventually happen to Trump: eventually his emotional, hysterical, hyperbolic, bile-laced tirades will turn people off.  We'll see.

Rumor has it that he does NOT have anywhere near the money he claims..

Another rumor  says he's not going "all the way" as "planned" but will in fact drop or bounce out of the campaign ...as it is.  these some question as to direction that bounce might take.

If he manages to completely soil the Republican Brand....particularly with Independents and right thinking democrats who are simply fed up with their party....he could be enusuring the Democrat candidate will win even if he doesn't bounce in the direction of a 3rd party candidacy.

Sarah Palin never impressed me as being terribly credible for  whatever reason.  "Just" a HUNCH.

If she possessed Hillary clinton's hag factor  no one would ever have given her options a thought.
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 08:49:23 pm »

People have been saying that from the start. I don't think so now. The closer he gets to the brass ring the more he seems to tone it down and refine his behavior. He's got the kind of momentum that is going to be tough for anyone to stop now. His behavior and the class and grace of the typical citizen these days is beginning to converge.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 09:49:31 pm »
I'm not going to read the entire piece. The title indicates a certain level of stupidity on the writer's part. I'm not impressed with Palin's endorsement,  either, but let's try to act like adults.

Do you want me to remove the topic?  ^-^

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 11:44:01 pm »
I didn't say that. I suggested we behave as adults. Can you do that?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 12:10:51 am »
"She and her whole family"?  Shouldn't it her "her and her whole family"?  Big booboo.

I understand and feel the emotion.  It is more venting than it is persuasive.  A couple of short months ago I was all about maintaining goodwill between all conservatives for the purpose of coming together behind the primary winner.  Trump and his supporters do not play by those rules, and so I don't see how anyone else can without ending up as a Trump doormat.  Let the games continue I suppose.

I am currently listening to Rush try to explain the Trump support.  He is not winning me over.  They are following after power, attaching themselves to a "winner" and being scammed by the mother-of-all con men.

You don't know Donald Trump in the least. Why don't you try reading what people who actually know him have to say about who the man is personally, his friends and business associates, instead of just spouting an uninformed political attack.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 12:42:28 am »

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 03:14:42 am »
I didn't say that. I suggested we behave as adults. Can you do that?

I can try, but as you well know, I have trouble doing that. But don't feel alone. I do double duty as my dear wife's 71 year-old husband, and her 12 year-old son.  :laugh:

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 03:19:00 am »
I agree with you on Palin.  I was never impressed either.  I dealt with it by ignoring her.  Why shoot myself in the foot if she wants to speak in support of conservative issues.  Saying it now, though, makes it look like sour grapes.  Oh well.  It is the truth whether it sounds credible of not.

While not terribly Impressed with the woman I never would have expected her to be feeding Donald Trumps already more than ample ego!
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 01:27:18 pm »
I just think the title is ignorant. The writer could have used reason to criticize Trump and Palin, but instead used false accusations of drunkenness. How can any of us who do not support Trump complain that he calls people names in a juvenile fashion when that's what his critics are doing?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 01:33:51 pm »
I just think the title is ignorant. The writer could have used reason to criticize Trump and Palin, but instead used false accusations of drunkenness. How can any of us who do not support Trump complain that he calls people names in a juvenile fashion when that's what his critics are doing?

Good call. You defeat an opponent with intellect and sound arguments, not name calling.

However, we are talking about politics here.  :shrug:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 04:44:12 pm »
Good call. You defeat an opponent with intellect and sound arguments, not name calling.

However, we are talking about politics here.  :shrug:
Sadly, yes. Worse, no side is innocent.  **nononono*

Offline Paladin

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 04:57:33 pm »
Lost my attention with this: "Sarah Palin, that darling of a failed John McCain presidential bid, has resurfaced to throw her voice and her support behind the gilded toad of the GOP, Donald Trump."

When, oh when, will the anti-Trump voices learn this kind of attack is a complete turn off? I have seen so many of things like this even on here, though they really belong on Daily Kos, not on GBR.

Libertybele, on the thread "Long-Time Leaders of Conservative Movement Unite in Support of Ted Cruz" added an excellent post on why Cruz is superior to Trump. No personal attacks, no silly name calling, no venom, just facts.

Reply #6: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,192004.msg767940/topicseen.html#msg767940 
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 05:12:33 pm »
When, oh when, will the anti-Trump voices learn this kind of attack is a complete turn off? I have seen so many of things like this even on here, though they really belong on Daily Kos, not on GBR.
Exactly. I have seen juvenile namecalling directed at Trump, Cruz, Bush, you name it - mostly on Facebook but also here to some extent. Come November, we're going to have just one GOP nominee and we'd better get behind him or her or this country is doomed. Chances are, we won't be 100% thrilled, but what's the alternative?

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 05:17:02 pm »

Limbaugh is not retiring. I guarantee he won't.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:18:20 pm by Politics4us »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 06:23:13 pm »
Limbaugh is not retiring. I guarantee he won't.

Now, that's a very provocative statement.  What else can you tell us?

Online libertybele

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 07:35:19 pm »
You don't know Donald Trump in the least. Why don't you try reading what people who actually know him have to say about who the man is personally, his friends and business associates, instead of just spouting an uninformed political attack.

I'm sure the Donald has made a lot of friends and has many, many business associates of which include the Clintons. For me, I question his intent.  He doesn't have a whole lot to back up what he says and merely draws attention to issues he knows are 'hot buttons' for many frustrated Republicans because he has been able to dominate the media and stay in the spotlight; that is his ability. He has made all kinds of business deals, some of which seem a little unethical.  His thinking that 'eminent domain' is wonderful is concerning; especially when that in part is what he does.  He got rich off of real estate. I have asked this question before; is Trump out to make America great or is Trump out to make Trump great (more money).  I'm not convinced he's that much of a patriot -- he says he is....

http://therealdeal.com/issues_articles/the-8-billion-dollar-man/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 07:39:02 pm »
The attack on Sarah Palin is far, far, far below the belt.

And for me it negates anything accurate that might have been said in the article.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 09:10:35 pm »
Now, that's a very provocative statement.  What else can you tell us?

Very few radio hosts retire. Howard Stern just renewed.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 09:33:47 pm »
Actually, I'm glad this article was posted.

Not for the puerile content, but I've had a slight unease about the tone of Red State for a bit now, and this confirms it.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink