Author Topic: John Kasich: ‘I Am The Prince Of Light And Hope’  (Read 1382 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Kasich: ‘I Am The Prince Of Light And Hope’
« on: January 20, 2016, 05:07:22 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/20/john-kasich-i-am-the-prince-of-light-and-hope/

by Charlie Spiering20 Jan 2016503
Ohio Governor John Kasich is comparing candidates like Donald Trump to the “Prince of Darkness” while declaring himself as the “Prince of Light and Hope.”

“Look, we have a lot of candidates who are like the ‘Prince of Darkness,’” Kasich, who reminds voters frequently that his father was a mailman, said in an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt. “I consider myself the ‘Prince of Light and Hope’ and I don’t spend all my time getting people riled up about how bad everything is.”

Kasich, who struggled in the polls after he repeatedly attacked and lectured Donald Trump’s approach to politics, has recently tried to stay positive.

The Ohio governor reportedly has a “short fuse” and a “bad temper” that repeatedly surfaces in his political career, once highlighted as a strength in his presidential election.

“Kasich’s advisers say his bluntness will appeal to frustrated voters looking for a tell-it-like-it-is candidate who has sharp elbows and authenticity,” Politico reported in July 2015.

But with other candidates like Trump owning the “anger beat” the Kasich team has worked to enhance his sunny attitude as he works his way forward in New Hampshire.

“I don’t spend all my time getting people riled up about how bad everything is,” Kasich said to Hewitt. “I acknowledge the challenges, but then I said, come together, the Americans first, we can solve these problems. The people are hungry for that. People don’t want to have to live in the lane of depression.”

In the third Republican debate on CNBC, Kasich lashed out against populist candidates like Donald Trump and Ben Carson demanding that the Republican party refrain from picking a candidate “who doesn’t know how to do the job.”

“Folks, we’ve got to wake up,” he yelled.

But in the interview with Hewitt, Kasich denied being grumpy.

“I’ve been happy this entire campaign,” he declared.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HonestJohn

Re: John Kasich: ‘I Am The Prince Of Light And Hope’
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 05:12:12 pm »
WTF?

Although... I am the Lord of all I Survey; Light Unto All the Nations of the World; the Just, Merciful, and Munificent; Defender of All that is Good and Right; the One and Only.

So who am I to complain?

---
 :tongue2:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:12:56 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 05:21:01 pm »
“Folks, we’ve got to wake up.”

Indeed. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 06:02:41 pm »
Indeed.

Wow.  The 'Prince of Light and Hope'.  Let's see we now have Trump saying he needs not to ask forgiveness because he's good and now Kasich who puts himself on the same plateau as Jesus Christ.  Sorry ... but both of them aren't equal to the Almighty.  A bit of humbleness would serve them much better; obviously it's not in their personalities.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 06:10:00 pm »
I think you're reading too much into it.   He's trying to say he's the happy warrior, not as swept up on anger as some of the other candidates.  He's not comparing himself to Jesus Christ.   

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 06:45:01 pm »
I think you're reading too much into it.   He's trying to say he's the happy warrior, not as swept up on anger as some of the other candidates.  He's not comparing himself to Jesus Christ.   

If a candidate is not Angery at the way the country is being run for the last 25 years what the hell are they running for the POTUS for? More of the same? :chairbang:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 06:48:50 pm »
WTF?

Although... I am the Lord of all I Survey; Light Unto All the Nations of the World; the Just, Merciful, and Munificent; Defender of All that is Good and Right; the One and Only.

So who am I to complain?

---
 :tongue2:

Well the way I look at it, it's all about self-identifying today. If you can be a man/woman while still having woman/man junk, then why not the above?
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 06:52:55 pm »

Well, last time I checked the 'Prince of Darkness' is satan and the 'Prince of Light' is Jesus Christ.  Just sayin'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 12:33:24 am »

You sure about that?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 01:05:41 am »
So, our Light and Hope is an angry, bitter and frustrated guy who'd be mute if you handcuffed him?

Oooo-kay then.

Still, he got what he wanted. Say something stupid, get in the news.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 12:17:26 pm »
You sure about that?

A Trump supporter?  Counseling skepticism?    :silly: :silly:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 12:48:31 pm »
A Trump supporter?  Counseling skepticism?    :silly: :silly:

Okay.   :shrug:    But is this a yes or a no?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 01:01:22 pm »
If a candidate is not Angery at the way the country is being run for the last 25 years what the hell are they running for the POTUS for? More of the same? :chairbang:

One of your most astute observations. Couldn't agree more.  :beer:

rangerrebew

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 01:23:23 pm »
That is essentially what Obama said about himself.  And the media, with their erections lasting more than four hours, agreed with him. The last I looked, politicians are not deities and not higher on the heavenly track than anyone else - except in their minds. :bullie smokin:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 02:01:57 pm »
It is easy to be "The Prince of Light and Hope" with other peoples' money, Mr. Kasich.  A beacon for freedom you definitely are not.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 02:14:56 pm »
It is easy to be "The Prince of Light and Hope" with other peoples' money, Mr. Kasich.  A beacon for freedom you definitely are not.

:amen:  :amen: and   :amen:  :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien