Author Topic: Former Naval Officer Just Revealed Massive Detail About What Iran Took From Captured U.S. Sailors  (Read 449 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
When Iran freed 10 American sailors it had detained last week, it kept something — the SIM cards from two satellite phones that were in the Americans’ possession.

The first report on the incident, released Monday, noted the loss. “A post-recovery inventory of the boats found that all weapons, ammunition, and communication gear are accounted for minus two SIM cards that appear to have been removed from two handheld satellite phones,” said the report from the U.S. Central Command.

The importance of that loss could be substantial, according to a former naval intelligence officer who spoke to Independent Journal.

“Those SIM cards don’t just contain the satellite links,” he said. “They also include encryption codes, and otherwise unpublished data relating to specific orders and personnel,” he added.

The former naval officer said those SIM cards should not have been allowed to fall into Iranian hands.

“My first thought is that they should’ve destroyed those SIM cards in the first place because that is considered classified information. I hope that their careers are not tarnished for it,” he said. “The first thing an officer is told is to destroy anything of intel value lest it fall into enemy hands.”

Read more: http://www.westernjournalism.com/former-naval-officer-just-revealed-massive-detail-about-what-iran-took-from-captured-u-s-sailors/

Exactly as I predicted last week.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:32:21 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I've called BS on the whole incident since day 1. The whole thing doesn't feel right. Now it gets even more interesting.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
What's the problem? They are just following Hillary's example.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Orders. Not example.

The big ships may get the prestige - the riverine boats get the best captains and crew.

You've no doubt seen a couple of movies in the last few years where a survivor of a patrol has to walk out of enemy territory, right? I can recall a couple of Americans doing that, a couple of Brits and at least one Aussie. Where was their communications gear? We're not in the Vietnam era now - a full two way audio visual link via the satellite network weighs very little and is standard issue if you are going anywhere near tiger territory. So why didn't they just call for help and an evac?

Because destroying classified information and equipment rather than let it fall into hostile hands is so automatic for most soldiers, irrespective of any problems it may cause them, that it NOT being done is nearly always the result of a direct order - to get false information into enemy hands, in most cases.

I may be wrong - it's happened before and far too often for comfort - but I'm certain in this case.  :shrug:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is the lead bag. There are bags onboard, canvas bags, with a heavy lead weight sewn into the bottom. These are jettison bags.

Obama is an enemy of the free world, globally. He is, in fact, a terrorist loving Muslim. I do not know what exactly happened here with these two boats. But I do know that with Hussein running the show, whatever happened was for the benefit of Iran and ISIS. Obama would never run a show to trick the Iranians. And even if someone tried to do that, Obama would call the Iranians and tell them that it is a trap. I am expecting him to renounce, and move to Iran any day now.

America needs it payback time. Not God Bless America, God Damn America!

Obama is a Muslim traitor. The sooner we recognize this fact and say it openly, the less people will die because of him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Orders. Not example.

The big ships may get the prestige - the riverine boats get the best captains and crew.

You've no doubt seen a couple of movies in the last few years where a survivor of a patrol has to walk out of enemy territory, right? I can recall a couple of Americans doing that, a couple of Brits and at least one Aussie. Where was their communications gear? We're not in the Vietnam era now - a full two way audio visual link via the satellite network weighs very little and is standard issue if you are going anywhere near tiger territory. So why didn't they just call for help and an evac?

Because destroying classified information and equipment rather than let it fall into hostile hands is so automatic for most soldiers, irrespective of any problems it may cause them, that it NOT being done is nearly always the result of a direct order - to get false information into enemy hands, in most cases.

I may be wrong - it's happened before and far too often for comfort - but I'm certain in this case.  :shrug:

----------

Which leads to a boatload, pun intended, of who, what, when, where, how and why.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Speculating here, so it ain't gospel - and bear in mind that while I HAVE worked closely with US forces, I don't know all the traditions of your branches (you guys have some REALLY nice traditions), or the intricacies of the US - UCMJ.

Who - orders like that come from high up, and are given directly, face to face. Anyone can ask for orders to be given in writing - it's a pretty standard CYA move, but the higher up the orders come from, the less likely that is to happen. A Captain would ask his Commodore (or your equivalent) to put any dodgy sounding orders in writing. He would be highly unlikely to ask a full Admiral for the same. There is covering yourself and there is shooting yourself repeatedly in the crotch to make a point.

What - At a wild guess, travel with weapons secured for storms and not to pull the Sim cards when intercepted. To fake mechanical trouble at a specific point. Only the captains of the two vessels to know the actual orders (that one is pretty standard anyway).

Where - Mechanical "failure" to happen in a highly visible area for opposition patrols. Note they were picked up quickly despite maintaining radio silence.

When - depends on the purpose of the op. If it's to drop in bad intel, it was probably in the works for months. Political feels, could be a spur of the moment thing.

How - see where. Most modern boats are highly automated. It's easy enough for someone with the knowledge and access to pop a nice little time bomb in the control systems.

Why - God knows, and he ain't telling. I'm inclining towards treasonous reasons, but that could be my paranoia about the current crowd.

:shrug: