Author Topic: Club for Growth: Trump’s economic policies put him in liberal mainstream  (Read 363 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Last week, Club for Growth Action launched an advertising campaign aimed at Iowa Republican caucus voters. In it, we posted pictures of Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton and asked: “Which presidential candidate supports higher taxes, national health care, and the Wall Street bailout?”

The answer, as the ad shows, is Donald Trump. Of course, Trump responded with a huge temper tantrum, ranting that he’s not – at least for the moment – a liberal....

So, what is Trump’s record on economic policies? And what would his views mean for Americans if he was elected president?

Trump himself said: “In many cases, I probably identify more as a Democrat.” True. While Trump clearly parts ways with the Democratic Party on immigration policy, many of his statements on economic issues place him squarely in the mainstream of liberalism on economics....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2015/09/22/club-for-growth-trumps-economic-policies-put-him-in-liberal-mainstream/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They just don't care.  As far as I can tell, so far, the evidence falls clearly on the left side of the big political spectrum, but they will still support him.  I can't explain it, nor understand it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 01:31:30 am by Sanguine »