Author Topic: Sarah Palin Endorses Donald Trump, Rallying Conservatives  (Read 6100 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Donald Trump, Rallying Conservatives
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2016, 04:39:40 pm »
No ridicule from me. 

I know.  ^-^

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2016, 04:42:53 pm »
A rough 48 hours for Cruz?  Actually, I am very glad that Palin didn't endorse Cruz.  I don't see her rallying conservatives; she associated herself with a RINO and now a liberal.  I tried several times to watch her endorsement of Trump...I'm sorry, but I just couldn't get passed the shrieking.  I did find it very interesting that she used Cruz's line that we need a president who won't apologize. 

Then the last 48 hours have been very good for you.  Mazel tov!!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2016, 04:46:58 pm »
Then the last 48 hours have been very good for you.  Mazel tov!!!

Absolutely.  I have no problem supporting a true conservative.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2016, 05:04:56 pm »
http://www.redstate.com/2016/01/20/sarah-palin-show-todays-trump-events/

Denver to Host 2016 RedState Gathering...click here for more information and to Register Today

Sarah Palin a No Show at Today’s Trump Events

By: Leon H. Wolf (Diary)  |  January 20th, 2016 at 11:45 AM 

According to press releases issued by the Trump campaign, Palin was supposed to spend today (and the next several days) criss-crossing Iowa with Donald Trump, stumping for him. However, at the rally Trump held this morning, Palin was absent with no explanation from the Trump camp. Instead, Trump just took the stage for a little longer than planned.

The media inquired about Palin’s absence and were basically given “no comment” in response.

Speculation, of course, is that Palin has gone back home to help address the legal ramifications involved with her son’s latest arrest. However, the arrest had already happened the day before yesterday and presumably Palin missed his arraignment yesterday in the course of giving her endorsement speech for Trump, so it seems that she made the conscious decision to keep with her political schedule yesterday.

It’s equally possible, of course, that the Trump camp has politely asked Palin to step aside, as her speech yesterday was widely panned both in the conservative media and also by the audience who attended the rally.

At this point, in other words, it’s still unclear whether Palin’s unexpected absence from the campaign trail is due to her decision or Trump’s.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2016, 05:15:37 pm »
A rough 48 hours for Cruz?  Actually, I am very glad that Palin didn't endorse Cruz.  I don't see her rallying conservatives; she associated herself with a RINO and now a liberal.  I tried several times to watch her endorsement of Trump...I'm sorry, but I just couldn't get passed the shrieking.  I did find it very interesting that she used Cruz's line that we need a president who won't apologize. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvlm3LKSlpU

I don't think Palin could have endorsed Cruz with her present ideology.  If she had true conservatism to begin with, she shed it years ago......... and that's obvious to anyone who's been paying attention.

And I think most conservatives have been, so any negative effect this will have on Cruz will be minimal.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2016, 05:16:15 pm »
http://www.redstate.com/2016/01/20/sarah-palin-show-todays-trump-events/

Denver to Host 2016 RedState Gathering...click here for more information and to Register Today

Sarah Palin a No Show at Today’s Trump Events

By: Leon H. Wolf (Diary)  |  January 20th, 2016 at 11:45 AM 

According to press releases issued by the Trump campaign, Palin was supposed to spend today (and the next several days) criss-crossing Iowa with Donald Trump, stumping for him. However, at the rally Trump held this morning, Palin was absent with no explanation from the Trump camp. Instead, Trump just took the stage for a little longer than planned.

The media inquired about Palin’s absence and were basically given “no comment” in response.

Speculation, of course, is that Palin has gone back home to help address the legal ramifications involved with her son’s latest arrest. However, the arrest had already happened the day before yesterday and presumably Palin missed his arraignment yesterday in the course of giving her endorsement speech for Trump, so it seems that she made the conscious decision to keep with her political schedule yesterday.

It’s equally possible, of course, that the Trump camp has politely asked Palin to step aside, as her speech yesterday was widely panned both in the conservative media and also by the audience who attended the rally.

At this point, in other words, it’s still unclear whether Palin’s unexpected absence from the campaign trail is due to her decision or Trump’s.

I sat and tried to watch her endorsement...I'm not so sure that her endorsement was seen as a positive.  The media has reported that some of her speech really didn't make sense and it is now being reported that her endorsement may actually hurt him.  I couldn't help but notice that during the speech Trump stood there looking less than impressed and I got the feeling that he was waiting for the audience to react to her with 'love' ... it just wasn't there. 

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13428960/1/sarah-palin-s-endorsement-of-donald-trump

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2016, 05:20:19 pm »
If I ran for any office and caught Palin's endorsement, I'd throw it back.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2016, 05:20:47 pm »
I sat and tried to watch her endorsement...I'm not so sure that her endorsement was seen as a positive.  The media has reported that some of her speech really didn't make sense and it is now being reported that her endorsement may actually hurt him.  I couldn't help but notice that during the speech Trump stood there looking less than impressed and I got the feeling that he was waiting for the audience to react to her with 'love' ... it just wasn't there. 

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13428960/1/sarah-palin-s-endorsement-of-donald-trump

Turn on Rush he is going to address exactly what you have posted soon.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2016, 05:25:52 pm »

Sarah has well and truly jumped the shark!

Maybe Trump too.   Maybe this will be the eye-opener for many.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2016, 05:31:01 pm »

My wife is mainly apolitical. She heard Palin screeching on the stage, and said she sounds like a child.

It must be the olde cheerleader coming back to replace the dignified elected official.

Maybe The Donald saw that, heard about the family behavior troubles (again) and suggested she .............

Who knows anymore?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2016, 05:36:56 pm »
I've said this about Palin in the past.  I just read the transcript so I will it as Exhibit A in support of this comment:

When Palin begins a sentence, she has no idea how it will end.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2016, 05:45:16 pm »
I can't argue about Ms. Palin's presentation (though she had some good points in the content).  It seems to me that her voice has gotten more shrill and high-pitched over time, back to the way it was when she first emerged on the scene.  There was a time when she used a vocal coach to make some improvements, but those lessons seemed to be lost last evening.  Also, that shimmering top that she was wearing was very distracting, and not all that appropriate for a political rally, IMO.

Her timing and cadence were also a bit off, way off at times.  She has done a much better job in similar situations in the past.

Offline raml

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2016, 05:47:11 pm »
Palin's endorsement does nothing for me she is not a conservative so I don't see what she has to offer Trump he needs us but right now we are for Cruz and she won't change that. Her actions of the last few years has shown me she is immature and foolish not a good politician at all. I would really be disappointed if Trump named her vice president she wouldn't bring in any voters I know in fact she may keep some away.

Offline flowers

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2016, 05:50:34 pm »
Wow....what a speech from Palin. "the hand that rocks the cradle" ......really Sarah? You do know that is a horror flick? Her voice is horrible. I would rather listen to that cali congresswoman Linda Chavezs voice.  She is the one John&ken kfiam warn everyone before they play a soundbite. Tell everyone to get the kids and dogs out of the room.

Her endorsement makes me wonder about Trump.  **nononono* One more thing. Trump lied at the beginning of his speech. He said he has never been in politics before. Yes he has.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:00:28 pm by flowers »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2016, 05:54:21 pm »
Ok so I'm not the only one that thought her top was inappropriate.  Maybe she had a dinner party afterwards to attend?  In all fairness I have seen Palin give much better speeches.  Maybe she was distracted knowing that her son had just been arrested. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:57:25 pm by libertybele »

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2016, 06:20:46 pm »

Trading in the beautiful snow of Iowa for the red dirt of Oklahoma as planned, despite what the media is trying to spin up! Thank you Iowa - get out and caucus on February 1st!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153898070953588

Wingnut

« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2016, 06:39:06 pm »

I wonder if Donald won the general election  would he adorn AF 1 with his name like above?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:41:39 pm by Wingnut »

Offline flowers

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2016, 06:44:49 pm »
Ok so I'm not the only one that thought her top was inappropriate.  Maybe she had a dinner party afterwards to attend?  In all fairness I have seen Palin give much better speeches.  Maybe she was distracted knowing that her son had just been arrested.
I have seen her give very good speeches. This one was horrible. Her top was weird for that type of event.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2016, 10:02:04 pm »
I can't argue about Ms. Palin's presentation (though she had some good points in the content).  It seems to me that her voice has gotten more shrill and high-pitched over time, back to the way it was when she first emerged on the scene.  There was a time when she used a vocal coach to make some improvements, but those lessons seemed to be lost last evening.  Also, that shimmering top that she was wearing was very distracting, and not all that appropriate for a political rally, IMO.

Her timing and cadence were also a bit off, way off at times.  She has done a much better job in similar situations in the past.

What I find so typical (and frustrating) when it comes to Palin, is that the criticism of her is all about her style, her screechy voice, her appearance, everything except the substance of her speech, which was outstanding! Rush covered some of it today in his show.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2016, 10:28:16 pm »
What I find so typical (and frustrating) when it comes to Palin, is that the criticism of her is all about her style, her screechy voice, her appearance, everything except the substance of her speech, which was outstanding! Rush covered some of it today in his show.

I'm just being honest, ac.  (I said that she had some good points in the CONTENT.)

Funny thing is, I heard Rush reading some it today too.  I said to myself, "Damn, it sounds so much better to hear Rush read it!"  lol

Offline flowers

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2016, 10:32:21 pm »
I used to be able to listen to her. I noticed over the past few years her voice getting that shrill in it. It was real bad yesterday. You are correct in that criticism she gets. Always the same. My MIL is huge dem. Somehow Sarah's name came up when I went to visit her a while back. Oh boy....I knew I was in trouble when I heard MIL say about bill and Monica.....'it was only a blow job'  I wasn't married to hubby at the time.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2016, 12:05:18 am »
I've said this about Palin in the past.  I just read the transcript so I will it as Exhibit A in support of this comment:

When Palin begins a sentence, she has no idea how it will end.

I think she stopped maturing at middle-school cheerleader, complete with Valley-girl grammar, screeching etc.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2016, 12:16:56 am »
I think she stopped maturing at middle-school cheerleader, complete with Valley-girl grammar, screeching etc.

Her administration had over an 80% approval rating at the time she was tagged for VP. She must have done something right.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2016, 01:59:51 am »
Her administration had over an 80% approval rating at the time she was tagged for VP. She must have done something right.

Yes, from most accounts, she was a very good Alaska governor.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2016, 02:10:24 am »
That was then, and this is now.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-receding-of-sarah-palin-in-one-chart/

She is one of the poster people, for narrow but deep
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:11:56 am by truth_seeker »