Author Topic: Cruz aide 'deeply disappointed' if Palin endorses Trump  (Read 807 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz aide 'deeply disappointed' if Palin endorses Trump
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:51:19 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/266263-cruz-aide-deeply-disappointed-if-palin-endorsed-trump

January 19, 2016, 08:53 am
Cruz aide 'deeply disappointed' if Palin endorses Trump

By Jesse Byrnes

A top aide to Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) said Tuesday that he would be "deeply disappointed" if Sarah Palin endorsed his Republican presidential rival Donald Trump.

Cruz communications director Rick Tyler unloaded on Trump during an interview on CNN's "New Day" when asked if such an endorsement would be a "blow" to the Cruz campaign.

"I think it would be a blow to Sarah Palin, because Sarah Palin has been a champion of the conservative cause and if she was going to endorse Donald Trump, sadly she would be endorsing someone who's held progressive views all their life on the sanctity of life, on marriage, on partial-birth abortion, he supported [the] TARP bailout — it goes on and on and on," Tyler said.

"Donald Trump claims he's changed all those views. But I think if it was Sarah Palin, let me just say I would be deeply disappointed," Tyler added.

Speculation has intensified on whether the former Alaska governor or someone such as Liberty University president Jerry Falwell Jr. would endorse Trump.

Trump told New Hampshire voters on Monday that he would be getting a "big endorsement" on Tuesday, according to the Washington Examiner. Trump is slated to be in Iowa on Tuesday.

Palin, the 2008 vice presidential candidate who backed Cruz's Senate bid, has repeatedly praised Trump during his White House campaign, including over his proposal last month to ban Muslims from the U.S.

She remarked to CNN last month about "what a nice problem to have if it came down to Cruz and Trump."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Cruz aide 'deeply disappointed' if Palin endorses Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 02:53:04 pm »
It would be frustrating to many of her fans. She built her career on fighting cronyism, so to then endorse the king of the crony 'good old boy' network would be a complete 360.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 02:57:10 pm »
Who cares?
What does that do for a candidate?

This whole topic of endorsement is such worthless nonsense.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 03:06:29 pm »
Who cares?
What does that do for a candidate?

This whole topic of endorsement is such worthless nonsense.

I think a Palin endorsement would help Trump a bit on the margins.  A few conservatives who have their doubts about him might be reassured by her endorsement.  Certainly not me.  But some.

More importantly, it would also keep Trump atop the news for a critical day or two.

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 03:12:59 pm »

I think a Palin endorsement would help Trump a bit on the margins.  A few conservatives who have their doubts about him might be reassured by her endorsement.  Certainly not me.  But some.

More importantly, it would also keep Trump atop the news for a critical day or two.

She has a very tight following. Not just those who admire how she got where she is (from the kitchen table making changes locally and working up), but those who are devoted to her in almost a religious way. I admire her and will obviously be disappointed if she joins the crony good old boy network bandwagon that is rumored to be going on. Others will follow her to the end of the earth, even if she endorsed Bernie Sanders.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 03:39:43 pm »
I think Palin's endorsement would be a huge mistake for her, but perhaps she's already been asked by Trump to be her VP.  I think that would be a smart move on Trump's part.  Appealing to the female vote which I think he needs.

However, I am really surprised with Cruz's conservative values and being an anti-establishment candidate she hasn't already endorsed him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 03:46:50 pm »
If it's Palin, the timing is not right.  I think she only helps Trump when Cruz is out of, or falling in the race.  Most of her support would come from Cruz supporters, so right now?  Yes, it keeps Trump in the headlines.

Doesn't do a lot for me.  I hope it's someone like Mark Steyn.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 03:54:46 pm »
She has a very tight following. Not just those who admire how she got where she is (from the kitchen table making changes locally and working up), but those who are devoted to her in almost a religious way. I admire her and will obviously be disappointed if she joins the crony good old boy network bandwagon that is rumored to be going on. Others will follow her to the end of the earth, even if she endorsed Bernie Sanders.

Hmm ok so there is NO one running for any office that you can support because all of them on both sides, expect Trump, are beholden to the millions of dollars the "good old boy" network gave to their campaigns.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 03:56:38 pm »
I've lost all respect for Mark Steyn's judgment after he jumped on the birther bandwagon in his latest column.  He is still a talented writer.   Oh well.  Another one bites the dust.  Trump will be a disaster and many will share the blame.

Odd how so many "Conservatives" have adopted the Leftist debate tactics of posting their opinions as if they were fact

Offline ABX

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 03:59:24 pm »
Hmm ok so there is NO one running for any office that you can support because all of them on both sides, expect Trump, are beholden to the millions of dollars the "good old boy" network gave to their campaigns.

Actually, Trump is the worst (with corrupt cronyism along the lines of the Clinton Foundation). He has shown through his history he'll sell out his principles (if he has any) at the drop of the hat to the highest bidder. He is joined financially at the hip with the likes of Soros. His little 'I'm self funding' game actually hides campaign donations because all of his buddies and banks he has been in financial bed with can simply 'invest' in his personal ventures instead of making out in the open campaign donations.

If you think it is 'except Trump', you know nothing of his history.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:59:50 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 05:07:30 pm »
If it's Palin, the timing is not right.  I think she only helps Trump when Cruz is out of, or falling in the race.  Most of her support would come from Cruz supporters, so right now?  Yes, it keeps Trump in the headlines.

Doesn't do a lot for me.  I hope it's someone like Mark Steyn.

I think SHE is looking for something... a position in a future cabinet.....
I still do not think an endorsement makes anyone vote differently, it is mostly cannon fodder for the media...

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 08:58:55 pm »
ping