Author Topic: Rubio: Law-abiding undocumented immigrants could stay  (Read 784 times)

Offline Carling

Rubio: Law-abiding undocumented immigrants could stay
« on: January 17, 2016, 04:33:20 pm »
I suppose it's a plus he isn't hiding from his Gang of Eight back stab on those who voted him into office.   :shrug:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/marco-rubio-immigrants-217895

Sen. Marco Rubio says people who immigrated to the U.S. illegally but haven't committed any major crimes could be allowed to stay.

In an interview airing Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," the Florida Republican contender for the presidency said felons shouldn't be allowed to stay, but those who commit lesser crimes could still qualify. He didn't specify if the people allowed to stay would ever be able to become citizens.

"If you're a criminal alien, no, you can't stay. If you're someone that hasn't been here for a very long time, you can't stay," he said. "I don't think you're gonna round up and deport 12 million people."

Rubio's somewhat fluid position on immigration has been a target for his opponents because he was part of the Gang of Eight lawmakers who worked on the 2013 immigration reform bill, which included a path to citizenship.

"If circumstances change or you learn something along the way, it's reasonable to say, 'Maybe a different approach will work better,'" Rubio said. "So for example, on immigration it is clear no comprehensive solution to immigration is going to p

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/marco-rubio-immigrants-217895#ixzz3xWIuzr6V
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Rubio: Law-abiding undocumented immigrants could stay
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 04:58:30 pm »
Rubio seems to be the only realistic adult on immigration.

Oh, please.  If they're here illegally, they're not law-abiding.

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 04:59:17 pm »

Maybe so, but he had to lie about his "adult" realism to get elected in the first place.  He's basically Charlie Crist at this point.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 05:15:58 pm »
Not much point starting the mass deportations, until we have the means to keep them from returning, and other new ones from entering too.

Big walls, and much stricter systems to keep people out. Many, many more security personnel.

Can we make Mexico pay for more border guards, patrols, helicopters too? Or just use drones. Armed drones?

Should we gun people down on our borders? And what about those coming in boats? Sink the boats? Where do we draw the lines?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 05:37:11 pm »
Will you volunteer for the roundup squads?  Will you quietly pay the additional taxes needed to fund them?

Yes a hell a lot better than giving IRAN 150 Billion to buy NUKES to kill Americans. For 150B we can round up ever illegal in this country. :patriot:

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 06:02:56 pm »

Apparently the adult position is also held by Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders.

But Rubio is different, I know, I know.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 06:51:06 pm »
Will you volunteer for the roundup squads?  Will you quietly pay the additional taxes needed to fund them?

Don't be silly. We're already paying enormous additional taxes to support them.  If I were only interested in money, then, yes, rounding them up and deporting them would be a tremendous savings.

But, no, they don't need to be rounded up - welfare cut off, tax refunds ended, laws enforced, etc.  That's what needs to happen.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 07:50:47 pm »

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Longiron

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 01:06:02 am »
Sen. Marco Rubio says people who immigrated to the U.S. illegally but haven't committed any major crimes could be allowed to stay.

I guess he sees it like being a little bit pregnant...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 01:16:47 am »

Nobody has to round up anyone!

All we have to do is turn off the magnets that attract them and they will LEAVE!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 01:20:01 am »
Not much point starting the mass deportations, until we have the means to keep them from returning, and other new ones from entering too.

Big walls, and much stricter systems to keep people out. Many, many more security personnel.

Can we make Mexico pay for more border guards, patrols, helicopters too? Or just use drones. Armed drones?

Should we gun people down on our borders? And what about those coming in boats? Sink the boats? Where do we draw the lines?

We have the means! We are only lacking the cojones!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien