Author Topic: Ted Cruz mocks FRENZIED rabid tweetstorm from the Trump!!  (Read 6354 times)

HAPPY2BME

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Ted Cruz mocks FRENZIED rabid tweetstorm from the Trump!!
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2016, 05:14:30 am »
I will vote for the nominee. I think the name calling is counter productive, divisive etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2016, 05:16:38 am »
I will vote for the nominee. I think the name calling is counter productive, divisive etc.

=========================

It sells.

$$$

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2016, 05:36:34 am »
This election is tearing very good people apart.  You should understand this, and try to empathize and embrace it as much as you can, because in the end we will all likely be voting for the same candidate in Nov. regardless of who wins the primaries.

This is both wise and true Once-ler.  We will go through this time and there will be much bitterness, feelings are raw, it is a very different kind of year.  In truth this is all Obama's fault - he has set this country on the path to absolute destruction.  Some (like myself) also paint the Republican office holders as complicit in these crimes against the nation. Others are less inclined to think that.  But it has split us apart - as happens in revolutions or attempted revolutions. Brother against brother.  Hopefully, we can chill enough to get through the voting and let it all be what it is.  It's the times.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2016, 05:44:35 am »
There is nothing you can do to convince people that don't want to face the truth of it, that want to keep pushing the Trump single-payer meme.  How can you have a rational conversation with people that do that?  People that say rationality is so important to them?  That is not rational.

I'm tired of this constant having to defend the truth.

I'm tired of people I have respected ignoring the truth that is right there on the page.

Some people just read the headlines and comment on that without ever reading the article. 

Some people just accept what they read without going to the source itself to see if it is legitimate, biased, edited, or if the headline actually has anything to do with the story. 

Some people cannot say anything good about Donald Trump even when he says something we all agree on.

So tired of it.  Will be glad when we get a few primaries under our belt and we can see who we need to start getting behind and supporting.  Tired of fighting among friends.  It's gotten so old.

I'm done in this thread, just talking to the wind.  This is time spent I will never get back. 

The time you spent was worth it.  It helps me...and many others...put things in perspective.  I read your post and I disagree, but it wasn't because you failed to make your voice heard or because I think your stupid or wrong.  I think you're a great asset to this forum, and a considerate and sincere debater, even though we disagree about Trump, and your dignity bleeds through out this post.  so real, so honest.

I share your frustration Alice.  I want to shake you violently and scream in your face "HOW CAN YOU FALL FOR TRUMP'S SCHTICK!!!  YOU'RE SMARTER THAN THIS!!!"  at the same time I know that is condescending and insulting.  Who am I to say that?  For all I know you are older and wiser than I am.

I don't want to face the possibility that Trump will be the nominee, and I don't want to give him any credit for anything...but if the GOP primary voters pick him, I will defend him against every indefensible, and nearly incoherent broken sentence he utters in his grammatically butchered style. 

So hang in there, my dear, we will be in agreement soon...and I look forward to the day that we cheer each other in our battle against the liberals.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2016, 06:12:12 am »
This is both wise and true Once-ler.  We will go through this time and there will be much bitterness, feelings are raw, it is a very different kind of year.  In truth this is all Obama's fault - he has set this country on the path to absolute destruction.  Some (like myself) also paint the Republican office holders as complicit in these crimes against the nation. Others are less inclined to think that.  But it has split us apart - as happens in revolutions or attempted revolutions. Brother against brother.  Hopefully, we can chill enough to get through the voting and let it all be what it is.  It's the times.
Thank you for the kind words Scott.

Don't tell anyone but I also blame the GOP.  My party (and me too) has been slow and heavy handed in their response to the rage and frustration within the grass roots.  I have a younger brother.  He served in Desert Storm, and he's a more righteous Christian than I am.  He's so extremely bright that I often find myself looking up to him.  I could not be more proud of him, and love him dearly. 

He's going to vote for Trump, even though I have argued vehemently against Trump.  His argument is very similar to the arguments I read here.  The GOP has abandoned it's principles and it needs a real leader.

I think he is making the the wrong choice but I can't fault him as a husband, father, voter, or American.   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2016, 01:18:37 pm »
This election is tearing very good people apart.  You should understand this, and try to empathize and embrace it as much as you can, because in the end we will all likely be voting for the same candidate in Nov. regardless of who wins the primaries.

That's the sad truth.  I just hope that "our side" sees the big picture in November. This country cannot endure another Obamalike presidency. Clinton or Sanders, it doesn't matter.  Can we put aside our anger and forgive each others' nasty comments in order to work together for the good of this country?

How about we start now?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2016, 01:56:39 pm »
Thank you for the kind words Scott.

Don't tell anyone but I also blame the GOP.  My party (and me too) has been slow and heavy handed in their response to the rage and frustration within the grass roots.  I have a younger brother.  He served in Desert Storm, and he's a more righteous Christian than I am.  He's so extremely bright that I often find myself looking up to him.  I could not be more proud of him, and love him dearly. 

He's going to vote for Trump, even though I have argued vehemently against Trump.  His argument is very similar to the arguments I read here.  The GOP has abandoned it's principles and it needs a real leader.

I think he is making the the wrong choice but I can't fault him as a husband, father, voter, or American.   

Interesting. My son who I consider to have strong conservative Christian values is also voting for Trump.  I was surprised, but he stated that he felt he could no longer vote for anyone associated with Washington and feels that we need an outsider who can turn this country around. He has a wife and kids to think about and fears our government.  He also enlightened us as to what is being proclaimed (rumor?) about our government via social media.  That information combined with how he's been affected by the Bush and Obama age, prompts him to support Trump. I briefly mentioned Cruz, but he is standing by Trump even though he went on to say that he is not sure Trump will be the nominee and he acknowledges the fact that on the flip side Trump may run 3rd party and give the nod to Hillary. So ... I do believe that the GOP establishment has given us Trump and I now agree that the GOPe has alienated it's younger voting base. I believe that if Cruz can reach more with his message the he is anti-establishment and restore trust that he WILL break up the Washington cartel he will win it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:59:29 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2016, 02:11:41 pm »
Interesting. My son who I consider to have strong conservative Christian values is also voting for Trump.  I was surprised, but he stated that he felt he could no longer vote for anyone associated with Washington and feels that we need an outsider who can turn this country around. He has a wife and kids to think about and fears our government.  He also enlightened us as to what is being proclaimed (rumor?) about our government via social media.  That information combined with how he's been affected by the Bush and Obama age, prompts him to support Trump. I briefly mentioned Cruz, but he is standing by Trump even though he went on to say that he is not sure Trump will be the nominee and he acknowledges the fact that on the flip side Trump may run 3rd party and give the nod to Hillary. So ... I do believe that the GOP establishment has given us Trump and I now agree that the GOPe has alienated it's younger voting base. I believe that if Cruz can reach more with his message the he is anti-establishment and restore trust that he WILL break up the Washington cartel he will win it.

======================================

Your son is still capable of distinguishing the reality of how dire the situation is in his country, and how it got that way, and what is going to happen if nothing changes.

He understands that he has been a puppet-for-hire voter and has been used like a cheap lady of the night by the Republican Party - he gets it.  As for the GOP 'alienating the younger voters' you have to ask yourself in which aspect are they doing it?  The GOP has alienated EVERYBODY standing for traditional core values by saying one thing to get elected, and doing exactly the opposite by standing with the Democrats or much worse - DOING NOTHING and explaining the reason they did nothing was because ... THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING.  I have seen congressional correspondence that said EXACTLY THAT.

Listen to your son.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2016, 02:39:20 pm »
I honestly really like Carling.  He is very passionate, and very aggressive.  He has found his mission and he won't back down.  If he was on your side you would be cheering him.  He is a very smart fellow, but he has it in his head that conservatives who won't throw away their heartfelt principles, in what we see as a stupid and futile gesture against the Establishment, and jump on board the Trump train...well we MUST be the enemy.  It's black and white, and crystal clear that you and he are on completely opposite ends of the political spectrum...and yet you both say you prefer Cruz(?)

In a few months we will have a clear picture of the electorate and some people will be eating crow.  I hope it is not me (again), but if it is, I hope that I can continue debate and discuss the issues of the day with smart, insightful, passionate Trump supporters like DC, Myst, alicewonders, Carling and others with a clear conscious and the belief that while I know Trump and his supporters are an obsession with me, I have tried very hard(and sometimes failed) not to personally insult them or their opinions.

I saw alice's post uppage and you can just feel her frustration and sadness.  She's not frustrated with Carling.  She's frustrated with you and me.  With Carling it is anger, and anger makes people say things they secretly regret.  This election is tearing very good people apart.  You should understand this, and try to empathize and embrace it as much as you can, because in the end we will all likely be voting for the same candidate in Nov. regardless of who wins the primaries.

I understand it, Once-ler, but I don't have to tolerate being called a liar when I'm not lying in the least.

But I am going to continue to post my views and I would ask that those who cannot tolerate opposing views about Trump, please put me on ignore.  I'm not going to sacrifice my principles and support someone who doesn't represent conservatism at all in the primary.

What others think of me is not something I can control.   But I can control what I see when one or two very, very angry people are saying despicable things about me.  And I don't have to take the personal abuse I received from Carling (or Longiron).

libertybele posted Trump's words saying that he supports total government paid healthcare.  If people are fair and honest, they know that my opinion is valid, and in no way deceitful.

This is politics, for heaven's sake.  We have different views.  This forum is supposed to be about honest discussion.

And for most of us, it is.

If you get so angry that you start behaving badly, you need to walk away, not lash out at someone who's saying things you don't like.

As has been mentioned above...... it's what grown-ups do.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2016, 03:58:26 pm »
I understand it, Once-ler, but I don't have to tolerate being called a liar when I'm not lying in the least.

But I am going to continue to post my views and I would ask that those who cannot tolerate opposing views about Trump, please put me on ignore.  I'm not going to sacrifice my principles and support someone who doesn't represent conservatism at all in the primary.

What others think of me is not something I can control.   But I can control what I see when one or two very, very angry people are saying despicable things about me.  And I don't have to take the personal abuse I received from Carling (or Longiron).

libertybele posted Trump's words saying that he supports total government paid healthcare.  If people are fair and honest, they know that my opinion is valid, and in no way deceitful.

This is politics, for heaven's sake.  We have different views.  This forum is supposed to be about honest discussion.

And for most of us, it is.

If you get so angry that you start behaving badly, you need to walk away, not lash out at someone who's saying things you don't like.

As has been mentioned above...... it's what grown-ups do.

"Grown ups" debate actual facts and words.  Trump's HC plan has been posted here repeatedly. Either acknowledge them and debate reality, or continue to ignore them and cry foul when you're called out on your lies.

It doesn't make me feel good calling you a liar, but you continually lying about Trump having a Single-Payer plan is not at all based on his words.  So let's stop with the "poor me" routine and start dealing in substance.  I understand that you literally hate Trump, but lying about his views on single-payer when you've repeatedly been given his actual plan is flat out dishonesty and I will not let it slide.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2016, 04:04:47 pm »
If you don't support Trump why do you keep defending him from the lying liars who lie?

Carling.  Trump says many contradictory things, and you pick and choose what you want to hear, just as I do.

Here is what I hear.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-supports-national-health-care-2011-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inQmf96SYQ

www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2015/09/28/donald-trump-on-obamacare-on-60-minutes-everybodys-got-to-be-covered-and-the-governments-gonna-pay-for-it/

It suffices to say that Donald Trump has been all over the place on health care reform. Last month, at the first Republican presidential debate, Trump argued that socialized medicine in Scotland “works incredibly well.” At the same time, Trump has said that Obamacare has “gotta go” and that he would “repeal and replace [it] something terrific.” But Trump has been light on details. Last night, on 60 Minutes, Trump elaborated on what his plan would look like.

Trump: ‘I am going to take care of everybody’

CBS’ Scott Pelley conducted the interview. “What’s your plan for Obamacare?” Pelley asked Trump. “Obamacare’s going to be repealed and replaced,” said Trump. “Obamacare is a disaster if you look at what’s going on with premiums where they’re up 40, 50, 55 percent.” Pelley followed up:

Pelley: How do you fix it?

Trump: There’s many different ways, by the way. Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, “No, no, the lower 25 percent that can’t afford private. But–”

Pelley: Universal health care.

Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.

Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of. How? How?

Trump: They’re going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably—

Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

Trump: —the government’s gonna pay for it. But we’re going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most it’s going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything.

So to sum up government is going to pay for it.  Everybody is covered.  Trump likes Scotland and Canada's system.

I am sad to be such a lying liar who lies by quoting Trump's actual healthcare words.

Yet again, nowhere there does Trump say he supports a singlepayer government-only HC SYSTEM.  since when did debating the facts mean I support Trump?  When otherwise good people resort to lies and deceit, it's sad.

Offline Carling

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2016, 04:35:26 pm »
I do find it humorous that me wanting to deal in actual words and proposed policy and calling out those who don't mean I'm "off the deep end."  If so, the water is warm and the sky is blue out here.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2016, 04:37:04 pm »

This is both wise and true Once-ler.  We will go through this time and there will be much bitterness, feelings are raw, it is a very different kind of year. In truth this is all Obama's fault - he has set this country on the path to absolute destruction.  Some (like myself) also paint the Republican office holders as complicit in these crimes against the nation. Others are less inclined to think that.  But it has split us apart - as happens in revolutions or attempted revolutions. Brother against brother.  Hopefully, we can chill enough to get through the voting and let it all be what it is.  It's the times.

I completely agree that the level of anger is due to Obama's complete destruction of the country we ALL hold dear.

And I think we are all also angry to one degree or another at the Republican party.  I, personally, am furious at their betrayal.

The anger leads good people to different conclusions, but I truly believe that unless we can tolerate each other's different views, even when we strongly disagree with them, there is no way we can pull ourselves back together and get the job done in November.

I believe that Carling is a good person, no matter how angry he is at me.  I do not despise him, nor am I angry at him (though I fear that he despises me, and I find that deeply troubling).  I hope to take him off IGNORE quickly, because I respect him.

And I do hope I can continue to state my views (that others here share with me) without personal vitriol coming from anywhere.  As I said above.  This is politics, and this is a discussion board.

Let's keep discussing.......
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:38:03 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2016, 04:40:17 pm »
======================================

Your son is still capable of distinguishing the reality of how dire the situation is in his country, and how it got that way, and what is going to happen if nothing changes.

He understands that he has been a puppet-for-hire voter and has been used like a cheap lady of the night by the Republican Party - he gets it.  As for the GOP 'alienating the younger voters' you have to ask yourself in which aspect are they doing it?  The GOP has alienated EVERYBODY standing for traditional core values by saying one thing to get elected, and doing exactly the opposite by standing with the Democrats or much worse - DOING NOTHING and explaining the reason they did nothing was because ... THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING.  I have seen congressional correspondence that said EXACTLY THAT.

Listen to your son.

Perhaps the son should listen to his mother....   :patriot: