Author Topic: Here we go: Cruz planning new attacks on Trump to expose his liberal record  (Read 904 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If we thought it was divisive before...

They’re framing this, cleverly, in Trumpian terms. Trump likes to say that he never attacks, he only counterpunches. A man who attacks without provocation is a bully; a man who counterpunches is simply defending himself. We’re the ones counterpunching now, though, says Team Cruz. It was Trump who hit us below the belt by attacking Cruz’s eligibility. The bully wanted a fight and now he’s got one.

Buckle up.

“If Donald wants to have honest, open policy contrasts, we’re ready for that,” campaign chairman Chad Sweet said. “If, on the other hand, he’s going to engage in discussions over nonsensical issues, over birther issues or who’s the real evangelical—which, by the way, someone from his background should be careful about questioning the faith of our candidate,” something Trump has also done recently.

Asked what he meant by Trump’s “background,” Sweet continued, referencing a Trump appearance at a cattle call in Iowa last summer. “I think it’s interesting that Trump … basically said at [a] family values forum he’s never asked for forgiveness, but yet he is Christian. I would ask most Christians the question, ‘What is the first thing you do to become a Christian?’ Christians know what the answer to that question is.”…

“A thrice-married man is going to come into South Carolina expecting to be the Republican nominee?” [Charlie] Condon asked incredulously. “He’s pro-choice. He’s pro- gay marriage. He’s against traditional values. He’s New York, and he’s got to talk about that.”....

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/01/15/here-we-go-cruz-planning-new-attacks-on-trump-to-expose-his-liberal-record/

Offline EdinVA

“If, on the other hand, he’s going to engage in discussions over nonsensical issues, over birther issues

Well, if Cruz does not get his staff focused on this to get it resolved instead of belittling the problem, he is going no where.
Trump is not the only one that was looking at this and the dems had law suits already drawn up.

HAPPY2BME

“A thrice-married man is going to come into South Carolina expecting to be the Republican nominee?” [Charlie] Condon asked incredulously. “He’s pro-choice. He’s pro- gay marriage. He’s against traditional values. He’s New York, and he’s got to talk about that.”.

===========================================

Married three times - check.

Pro-choice - check.

Pro gay marriage - check.

He meets all the (moral) requirements of the Progressive Republican Majority.

Completely vetted.

HAPPY2BME

Well, if Cruz does not get his staff focused on this to get it resolved instead of belittling the problem, he is going no where.
Trump is not the only one that was looking at this and the dems had law suits already drawn up.

=====================================

I don't see the Dems OR the Republicans chasing it because of the focus it will throw on CITIZENSHIP.

Citizenship .. you know .. CITIZENSHIP.

Who have both Boehner and McConnel been constantly romancing over the past four years?

Why the Mexican vote, of course.  They have pounded this drum constantly, telling us the Republicans might as well not run for office unless they ... CAN GET THE MEXICAN SWING VOTE.

Neither one will chase it.

Offline EdinVA

=====================================

I don't see the Dems OR the Republicans chasing it because of the focus it will throw on CITIZENSHIP.

Citizenship .. you know .. CITIZENSHIP.

Who have both Boehner and McConnel been constantly romancing over the past four years?

Why the Mexican vote, of course.  They have pounded this drum constantly, telling us the Republicans might as well not run for office unless they ... CAN GET THE MEXICAN SWING VOTE.

Neither one will chase it.

I don't see the republicans chasing it because Cruz is not Bush.
Cruz has stood tall and tried to tell the truth which went against the Washington cartel so they will not lift a finger to defend him.
This is a political assassination by his own party.

Offline libertybele

Cruz has stood tall and tried to tell the truth which went against the Washington cartel so they will not lift a finger to defend him.

Of course it's a political assassination by his own party.  IF he becomes POTUS the Washington 'cartel' would be dismantled.  That cartel is inclusive of DEMS and the GOP.  'Cartel' profits from smuggling drugs and guns and whatever other perks there are will be severely hampered.  The element of corruption will always exist but the one party government will have seen better days.

By the way the Texan lawyer who has filed a lawsuit against Cruz has had suit brought against him in a couple of states and suspended; so I don't see this particular lawsuit going anywhere.  Keep in mind, the Goldman Sachs issue is overblown and distorted; Cruz gave a very valid explanation.  Let's be real here -- in this instance Cruz looks like an absolute saint in comparison to Hillary.  Other than his birther issue -- Cruz is clean and 'they' know it.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/01/15/lawyer-challenging-ted-cruz-eligibility-was-suspended-from-practice-of-law/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

=================================

I for one see nothing gained by Cruz going down.  He is no worse, and in many cases has more integrity than the other 'offerings.' 

But timing is everything.  Getting on the boat too late leaves one standing on the beach with the cannibals counting the hair on your head - after they cut it off and are getting ready to eat it.

The Republican Party has obfuscated themselves into irrelevance by alienating their base. 

Rev. Franklin Graham: Why I'm Leaving the GOP

Influential evangelist Rev. Franklin Graham announced this week he was quitting the GOP and declaring himself independent.

“I have no hope in the Republican Party, the Democratic Party or Tea Party to do what is best for America," the son of Rev. Billy Graham wrote on Facebook.

Offline libertybele

"The Republican Party has obfuscated themselves into irrelevance by alienating their base."

Absolutely that is why Trump and Cruz have been so successful and I believe the same is true of the DEMS, otherwise you wouldn't see Bernie doing as well.  The electorate on both sides of the aisle have had enough, it's just the GOP electorate is angrier and more are aware. 

The GOPe never dreamed that Cruz or Trump would take this country by storm; of course we won't know for sure until the actual votes start coming in.  The GOPe right now has more to gain by keeping Cruz  out as the Kingsmakers want things business as usual.

Fro me the jury is still out on Trump and I'm still not certain that Trump isn't just in there to take votes from a true conservative.  One thing is for certain, it appears so far that Bush's chances of becoming the nominee are becoming slim to none.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:39:23 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

Of course it's a political assassination by his own party.  IF he becomes POTUS the Washington 'cartel' would be dismantled.  That cartel is inclusive of DEMS and the GOP.  'Cartel' profits from smuggling drugs and guns and whatever other perks there are will be severely hampered.  The element of corruption will always exist but the one party government will have seen better days.

By the way the Texan lawyer who has filed a lawsuit against Cruz has had suit brought against him in a couple of states and suspended; so I don't see this particular lawsuit going anywhere.  Keep in mind, the Goldman Sachs issue is overblown and distorted; Cruz gave a very valid explanation.  Let's be real here -- in this instance Cruz looks like an absolute saint in comparison to Hillary.  Other than his birther issue -- Cruz is clean and 'they' know it.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/01/15/lawyer-challenging-ted-cruz-eligibility-was-suspended-from-practice-of-law/

My worry is this time it is liberals going after a conservative and the courts are as liberal as could be so they may just pick this up and run with it.
The BO efforts were conservatives going after a liberal and the courts were just not going to give it any traction.
I hope your right about it no going anywhere but I just have a feeling it may.

Offline katzenjammer

My worry is this time it is liberals going after a conservative and the courts are as liberal as could be so they may just pick this up and run with it.
The BO efforts were conservatives going after a liberal and the courts were just not going to give it any traction.

I understand why you have that concern, Ed, but it isn't like any of this is decided 'willy nilly' (although it may seem so at times!).

There are federal court rules about standing, I posted a summary of them in another thread a couple of days ago.

Also, there is a lot of precedent for courts to fall back on the Political Question Doctrine.  As odd as it may seem, we may have found ourselves, as a Nation, continuing to encounter a vexing Constitutional question, without a very wide path to finding resolution.    :shrug:

Offline libertybele

Well, the way I see things, focus on Cruz' birther issue was brought to focus when Trump saw that he was actually ahead of him in the polls.  Trump admittedly had even investigated the issue beforehand and his attorney's found that the birther issue was not a factor. Why would of he investigated the issue beforehand.  Prior to that he stated that he would consider Cruz as his VP.  Now he's going after him. Was this an issue that Trump had threatened him with long ago?  Had he tried to make a deal with Cruz awhile back?  After all, they both joined together on the Iran nuke deal rally. Secondly, I haven't heard the noise coming from the DEMS as I have heard from Trump and the GOPe on this issue.  So ... this issue in itself makes me leary of Trump; is he merely in there to take Cruz and the other candidates down?  Time will tell.

Cruz has made some enemies along the way -- he went up against W. Bush more than once (Medellin case and DC v. Heller) and won.  On the Senate floor he out and out and publicly called McConnell a liar and he doesn't vote along with the GOPe.  He has been very vocal against some of the rulings by the Supremes and pointed out why he felt they were wrong.  So... I'm not so sure that they would rule in his favor regardless.

The way Cruz has stood up and won against all odds, stood up against the cartel and stood by his principles and for this country is why I strongly believe that Cruz is our last hope.  I'm hoping that against all odds, he will win the presidency. 

Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America

Offline EdinVA

Well, the way I see things, focus on Cruz' birther issue was brought to focus when Trump saw that he was actually ahead of him in the polls.  Trump admittedly had even investigated the issue beforehand and his attorney's found that the birther issue was not a factor. Why would of he investigated the issue beforehand.  Prior to that he stated that he would consider Cruz as his VP.  Now he's going after him. Was this an issue that Trump had threatened him with long ago?  Had he tried to make a deal with Cruz awhile back?  After all, they both joined together on the Iran nuke deal rally. Secondly, I haven't heard the noise coming from the DEMS as I have heard from Trump and the GOPe on this issue.  So ... this issue in itself makes me leary of Trump; is he merely in there to take Cruz and the other candidates down?  Time will tell.

Cruz has made some enemies along the way -- he went up against W. Bush more than once (Medellin case and DC v. Heller) and won.  On the Senate floor he out and out and publicly called McConnell a liar and he doesn't vote along with the GOPe.  He has been very vocal against some of the rulings by the Supremes and pointed out why he felt they were wrong.  So... I'm not so sure that they would rule in his favor regardless.

The way Cruz has stood up and won against all odds, stood up against the cartel and stood by his principles and for this country is why I strongly believe that Cruz is our last hope.  I'm hoping that against all odds, he will win the presidency. 

Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America

Somewhere I got the feeling you were for Cruz... Don't remember where I read that tho....  :tongue2:

My frustration is that the voters are not getting a shot to choose their guy/gal because the system, parties and the media are destroying them before we have our say....

Offline Longiron

The Cruz supporters do not understand that no matter what the facts show. They think and believe that the only one concerned about this and is the problem is TRUMP.  :chairbang:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

You are correct about CRUZ but do you think the DEMS, RINOGOPe agree with you? The QUESTION has to be resolved no matter how good of a person CRUZ is and the DEMS will see that is not dropped by the wayside!!!Bet on it. :patriot:

Offline EdinVA

The Cruz supporters do not understand that no matter what the facts show. They think and believe that the only one concerned about this and is the problem is TRUMP.  :chairbang:

I can understand how Trump can rub people the wrong way, he is a New Yorker....  It took me a long time to get used to they way they talk to each other.
Trump is a political obstacle to the rest of the republican candidates but I have no concerns that we would get an honest and complete effort from Trump as president and I feel the same way about Cruz.
Not so much the rest of the candidates...

Offline libertybele

Somewhere I got the feeling you were for Cruz... Don't remember where I read that tho....  :tongue2:

My frustration is that the voters are not getting a shot to choose their guy/gal because the system, parties and the media are destroying them before we have our say....

Having to vote for the lesser of the two evils because of our electoral system and the corruption entrenched in the 'system' has destroyed great candidates before they've even gotten off the ground has become the norm.  Many voters are frustrated and either don't vote, or vote for who they think can win rather than who they honestly believe in.  So far (and there are no guarantees) Cruz is winning against the odds.  He has a lot going for him; believing and standing up for the very conservative values and principles that made this country great (which I believe the electorate is thirsting for) education and debating skills, a huge grassroots 'army', raised more hard money than even Bush and a whole lot of faith.

I am just  an 'average Joe', but I am doing all I can to help this man beat the odds. ...Imagine ... imagine millions of courageous conservatives, all across America, rising up together to say in unison “we demand our liberty.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/16/exclusive-campaign-memo-ted-cruz-has-raised-more-hard-money-than-every-other-gop-candidate-including-jeb-bush/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transcript-ted-cruzs-speech-at-liberty-university/2015/03/23/41c4011a-d168-11e4-a62f-ee745911a4ff_story.html
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:31:27 pm by libertybele »