Author Topic: Carson's finance chairman resigns  (Read 297 times)

Offline flowers

Carson's finance chairman resigns
« on: January 14, 2016, 10:16:47 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265870-carsons-finance-chairman-resigns

Ben Carson's finance chairman resigned early Thursday hours after the release of a critical news story questioning his lofty salary and other spending while rising costs were cutting into the Carson campaign's bottom line.

ADVERTISEMENT
A statement from the campaign announced the departure of Dean Parker, who panned the report.

"It has been a great honor to serve alongside Dr. Carson as he seeks the office of President of the United States,” Parker said.

“While current allegations towards me are misrepresentations, my primary goal is to help Dr. Carson save our nation. I am excited about the growing momentum behind him and look forward to even greater days ahead."

Thursday morning's story in Politico noted that Parker made $20,000 a month in his role and said that the finance team's lofty spending has drawn significant questions from top Carson aides. Experts questioned why the finance chairman drew any salary at all, as his main job is raising funds.