Author Topic: Lawsuit demands US remove 'In God We Trust' from money  (Read 721 times)

Offline flowers

Lawsuit demands US remove 'In God We Trust' from money
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:40:42 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/14/lawsuit-demands-us-remove-in-god-trust-from-money.html?intcmp=hpbt4

A new lawsuit filed on behalf of several Atheist plaintiffs argues the phrase "In God We Trust" on U.S. money is unconstitutional, and calls for the government to get rid of it.

Sacramento attorney Michael Newdow filed the lawsuit Monday in Akron, Ohio. He'd unsuccessfully sued the government at least twice challenging the use of the phrase "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Throughout much of his lawsuit, the word appears as "G-d."

Newdow claims "In God We Trust" violates the separation of church and state. One plaintiff says his Atheism is "substantially burdened because he is forced to bear on his person a religious statement that causes him to sense his government legitimizing, promoting and reinforcing negative and injurious attitudes not only against Atheists in general, but against him personally."

The lawsuit represents 41 plaintiffs from Ohio and Michigan, including many unnamed parents and children who are atheists or are being raised as atheists. Defendants include Congress, Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew and various federal agencies.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Lawsuit demands US remove 'In God We Trust' from money
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:53:13 pm »
Let's pray for this guy. He really needs greater purpose in his life.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:46:09 pm »
Remember Rush being attacked by the MSM when he said the ultimate goal of the left is the destruction of the American Flag?  This was a salvo over the bow. :headbang:

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 09:52:43 pm »
Remember Rush being attacked by the MSM when he said the ultimate goal of the left is the destruction of the American Flag?  This was a salvo over the bow. :headbang:
That is what is happening. Re-writing history to nothing with America in it. Cannot have the truth out about this great country. Just like Isis destroys historical sites.....so too will these ruling elites destroy them here if they are not stopped.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 06:49:38 am »
If the guy feels burdened, maybe he should not carry money.

God knows few of us have that luxury now.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 07:39:32 am »
If the guy feels burdened, maybe he should not carry money.

God knows few of us have that luxury now.

Good suggestion!  Maybe he should just carry a debit card!

Problem solved.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 05:13:19 pm »
Newdow has been doing his war agaisnt God for decades. He had his own child he was using in a fight agaisnt God in Cali. I think mom took her away from him. He is a major thorn and just like all of them with the God agenda, will never stop.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 08:03:46 pm »
This guy is crossing into vexatious litigation territory.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 08:15:18 pm »
This guy is crossing into vexatious litigation territory.
He has been for at least a decade. I remember his name from when I lived in Cali via the John and Ken show 640am.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 09:41:00 pm »
He has been for at least a decade. I remember his name from when I lived in Cali via the John and Ken show 640am.
As did I. I was just starting to get deep into politics when I first heard about this guy.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 09:53:21 pm »
As did I. I was just starting to get deep into politics when I first heard about this guy.
I now remember what he did in Cali w/o looking it up. He had a 8 year old daughter in a public school saying she didn't want God in the Pledge of Allegiance right?   I think he won that? You have heard of John and Ken kfi?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 09:56:20 pm »
I now remember what he did in Cali w/o looking it up. He had a 8 year old daughter in a public school saying she didn't want God in the Pledge of Allegiance right?   I think he won that? You have heard of John and Ken kfi?
Yes. Outside my realm (I live on the other side of the country) but he was big national news at the time. I do recall the Supreme Court throwing the case out on a technicality, but yes, I do think the Ninth Circus voted in his favor, hence the initial uproar.

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 10:01:13 pm »
Yes. Outside my realm (I live on the other side of the country) but he was big national news at the time. I do recall the Supreme Court throwing the case out on a technicality, but yes, I do think the Ninth Circus voted in his favor, hence the initial uproar.
That is right. They did toss it out. 9th circus gave it to him. If I remember correctly John and Ken had him on their show. As usual it didn't turn out so well for him. I get the John and Ken replay daily from the KFIam website.