Author Topic: Why I Will Never Vote for Donald Trump  (Read 11045 times)

Offline Carling

Re: Why I Will Never Vote for Donald Trump
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 04:10:46 pm »
Oh, yeah............ and there's that support for single payer health insurance, which will damage the US health care system and economy more than almost any other misguided policy.

But let's forget those Progressive things, shall we??  Because we're so conservative that we don't worry about leftist policies in the Presidential candidate we support............

Oy..

I've debunked this "single-payer" claim repeatedly by showing the full quote, and how over 600 private insurance companies will be involved, and not just what sinkspur repeatedly edited out.  Please stop using this false talking point, as it is a lie.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:12:41 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 04:10:59 pm »
Let me just add one thought............. you laughed at the fact that Trump was divorced twice, as though it didn't matter, but you didn't mention that what bothers (at least a few of us 'old-fashioned' morals types) is not that he was divorced, but that he committed adultery.

Adultery is the ultimate betrayal, deceit, and lack of trustworthiness, and to dismiss it, or worse yet, laugh at those of us who don't, is part of the biggest problem America has.

Remember the 90's when the left was saying that Bill Clinton's extra-marital dalliances were meaningless, and ridiculed those of us who said it mattered?  Well, I'm one of those relics who still believe it matters.

And some here have laughed at me because I haven't given up on the moral principles that I've held for more than a half-century.

Trump's cheating matters.  People can deny that it's an integral part of character to be faithful to your spouse, but it doesn't change reality.

I won't keep repeating myself beyond this: I totally respect your choice to hold those opinions, and vote for the candidate that best represents all that you value and hold dear! 

(Just don't forget what God did with a man as flawed as King David.  His power to bring any of us from the depths of ruin (of all sorts, moral, included) is beyond what we can ever hope to imagine.  Never over look the redeeming power of the Blood, and the fact that none of us (thankfully) are responsible for directing and applying that power to others!!)

Edited to add: A long time ago I picked up a bit of wisdom that has served me well over many years.  Any time that I, as a redeemed sinner, saved by His Grace and sacrifice, venture toward being critical of my fellow man's moral shortcomings, I recall that old saying: "There, but for the Grace of God, go I..."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:14:28 pm by katzenjammer »

Online libertybele

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2016, 04:11:05 pm »
I'm praying too, libertybele, but I'm not sure after the last eight years and what's being said now, that God hasn't given up on America.

Praying, nonetheless.....

I'm not so sure either ... some in this country have placed political correctness before the Almighty; have taken him out of our public schools, tried taking him out of our Pledge, Christ out of Christmas, support gay marriage and abortion, etc.  A sad state of affairs this country is in, but I am hoping GOD gives us another chance and blesses us with a president with sincere Christian values.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2016, 04:25:46 pm »
If Trump is the nominee, I'll support him. I'll constantly cuss the idiots that got him there, but I'll support him. bleep knows why, he's a caricature of "the Ugly American," which is soooo going to help on the international front.

Only one I won't support in any way, shape or form, is Jeb. The Presidency is not and should not be hereditary, and politics should not be a family business. The latter happens more often than I'm comfortable with, but the top slot at the very least should be free of that particular taint.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 04:26:23 pm »
I won't keep repeating myself beyond this: I totally respect your choice to hold those opinions, and vote for the candidate that best represents all that you value and hold dear! 

(Just don't forget what God did with a man as flawed as King David.  His power to bring any of us from the depths of ruin (of all sorts, moral, included) is beyond what we can ever hope to imagine.  Never over look the redeeming power of the Blood, and the fact that none of us (thankfully) are responsible for directing and applying that power to others!!)

Edited to add: A long time ago I picked up a bit of wisdom that has served me well over many years.  Any time that I, as a redeemed sinner, saved by His Grace and sacrifice, venture toward being critical of my fellow man's moral shortcomings, I recall that old saying: "There, but for the Grace of God, go I..."

Obviously, I as a born-again Christian, don't overlook the redeeming power of the Blood of Jesus Christ.  But we are also told that we will know people by their fruits, and that redemption requires repentance.  One cannot go around ignoring sin because with repentance comes forgiveness.

Did you overlook Bill Clinton's sin because David cheated with Bathsheba?  I doubt it.

As for "there, but for the Grace of God,"............ does that really include adultery?  Do you ignore the choice any human has to be faithful, to have integrity?  Do you truly want the leader of the United States (on OUR side, supposedly), to lack trustworthiness?  And do you think that whatever made Trump cheat before is no longer a temptation?  Is it safe to assume that he has changed?  (He seems to have no core in any area whatsoever, so why assume he has any kind of moral core?)

It's interesting that among Christians, other religious people, and even among atheists, adultery is uniformly condemned.  There's a reason for that.  It is despicable behavior.

It is pure folly to overlook Trump's cheating just because you like the guy..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 04:27:20 pm »
I'm not so sure either ... some in this country have placed political correctness before the Almighty; have taken him out of our public schools, tried taking him out of our Pledge, Christ out of Christmas, support gay marriage and abortion, etc.  A sad state of affairs this country is in, but I am hoping GOD gives us another chance and blesses us with a president with sincere Christian values.

Exactly.  We need to think seriously about this if we care about the future of this country.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2016, 04:30:32 pm »

================================================

As I have stated earlier, and have personally verified over the past 45 years of being a 'republican.'

The Republican Party was founded on three simple, dominating, powerful principles:  God - Family - Country.

Those three were the foundation of the Republican Party for generations.

Do you 'remember' it?

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2016, 04:32:45 pm »
There's no argument based on "reason" for supporting Trump.  He's all about waving the bloody shirt. 

If Trump's the nominee,  the answer is a responsible third party candidate.  Millions of conservatives, and other Americans, will abandon the GOP because of a surfeit of reason.   

And give the election to the Democrats, a la Perot? I've spent YEARS being lectured during election cycles to back the lame, blind horses the GOPe fielded, despite their positions on the basis of, 'but if you don't...", and 'the candidate was selected in an open process...". Now, the shoe's on the other foot. Vote for whom you wish, BUT do not try to take the high ground, and lecture me. You, and the rest of the folks walking, have forfeited that right.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2016, 04:36:01 pm »

and also -

Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2016, 04:40:49 pm »
But none of those are among my reasons!  I don't like trump because he is nothing but a stalking horse for HILLARY and thinks along the same lines as well!

Donald Trump is a GOP candidate for a reason. He's in it to win it. Otherwise, why would he have such different positions from Hillary?:

Hillary:  http://www.ontheissues.org/Hillary_Clinton.htm
            https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

Trump:  http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm
            https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Donald Trump is the polar opposite of Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump is in this race to defeat the democrat, whether it's Hillary or Bernie or Pocahontas.

I would be personally embarrassed to make such an unsubstantiated claim that Trump is spending his time and money trying to get Hillary elected.

Offline Carling

« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2016, 04:55:50 pm »
Donald Trump is a GOP candidate for a reason. He's in it to win it. Otherwise, why would he have such different positions from Hillary?:

Hillary:  http://www.ontheissues.org/Hillary_Clinton.htm
            https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

Trump:  http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm
            https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Donald Trump is the polar opposite of Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump is in this race to defeat the democrat, whether it's Hillary or Bernie or Pocahontas.

I would be personally embarrassed to make such an unsubstantiated claim that Trump is spending his time and money trying to get Hillary elected.

Exactly.  If Trump is trying to get HRC elected, why is he bringing up her horrific treatment of the women her husband abused?  How on earth does such a prolonged attack help HRC gain votes.  The media of course spins it a Bill's old news baggage, but Trump is bringing up HRC's role in it, which has never been a part of the national discussion.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2016, 05:05:09 pm »
Exactly.  If Trump is trying to get HRC elected, why is he bringing up her horrific treatment of the women her husband abused?  How on earth does such a prolonged attack help HRC gain votes.  The media of course spins it a Bill's old news baggage, but Trump is bringing up HRC's role in it, which has never been a part of the national discussion.

He is going to tarnish the TRUMP image of quality and success that he spent a life time developing to help HRC. Yea ! Come to the conclusion that the anti TRUMP folks have no argument left to attack him on so this cannot ever be proven so lets run with this  for bashing TRUMP. Forget his policies or positions that's not important but we do not like success and winning. Thank goodness these folks are voting for someone else.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2016, 05:07:24 pm »
Look, you can say and feel a lot of things about Donald Trump one way or the other...his brashness guarantees that breadth of opinion about him.  But to say he is a stalking horse for Hillary has by this time been shown to be ludicrous.  He is the one candidate - not even Bernie Sanders, running against her right now, has done this - he has taken the main thrust of her campaign and shut her up with it.  He is the one that has put Hillary into this tailspin by attacking her head-on, and doing so on the main theme of her campaign.  He got dirty and personal with her and Bill...he drove them straight into Bill Cosby and started her free-fall.  The FBI stuff is coming around now and the whispers from it are reinforcing it.  But make no mistake, it was Trump that took down both Hillary and Bill, and shut them up...they have no defense against what they never believed anyone would throw at them.  That wasn't any other candidate doing that, that was Trump.

So this stalking horse thought has at this point become pretty silly.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2016, 05:11:01 pm »

Obviously, I as a born-again Christian, don't overlook the redeeming power of the Blood of Jesus Christ.  But we are also told that we will know people by their fruits, and that redemption requires repentance.  One cannot go around ignoring sin because with repentance comes forgiveness.

I never presume to know what is inside any person's heart, nor how they commune with her/his Creator.  Unless I have a deep personal relationship with a person, in which such is revealed, any thoughts about that, or commentary from me, is pure speculation.

Did you overlook Bill Clinton's sin because David cheated with Bathsheba?  I doubt it.

For the many (countless) problems and issues that I have had with Bill Clinton, his personal moral failings as a human being aren't high on the list.  I have said this before, I don't discount God's power of redemption for anyone.  As much as I hate the actions of many on the political stage, I never believe them to be condemned to eternal damnation until they breathe their last breath on Earth.  (Nor do I ever wish them to be.  A small but relevant example.  Many around me, family and friends, often scream about hoping that 0baa PAYS for his actions, sometimes even to the point that they say they hope he burns in Hell for it.  I respond: Well if he doesn't change his ways and find Salvation before he dies, he certainly will.  But, we must never make a final judgement on any other human being.  God didn't give up on us before we came to know his Saving Grace, and He certainly doesn't give up on him either.  God is not a respecter of person (thankfully!), we are all equally precious to Him (as despicable as we may be to others), as His creations, regardless of how we may sin.  God wants us all to be saved.  And yes, I suffer the dirty looks and visual barbs!  lol)

Whether or not any other of my fellow human beings finds salvation or not before death is not under my control, but I never cease in prayer that ALL that are lost will find that redeeming power of the Blood in their lives.

As for "there, but for the Grace of God,"............ does that really include adultery?  Do you ignore the choice any human has to be faithful, to have integrity?  Do you truly want the leader of the United States (on OUR side, supposedly), to lack trustworthiness?  And do you think that whatever made Trump cheat before is no longer a temptation?  Is it safe to assume that he has changed?  (He seems to have no core in any area whatsoever, so why assume he has any kind of moral core?)

It's interesting that among Christians, other religious people, and even among atheists, adultery is uniformly condemned.  There's a reason for that.  It is despicable behavior.

I make NO judgements on my fellow man in the areas of their moral failings.  I may not approve of certain behavior, and given the chance would always dissuade my brother/sister from continuing the sin, but I never discard them over it.   And yes, "there, but for the Grace of God, go I" is all inclusive.  When any of us dare to think that we are invincible within our own power to overcome sin at any point in our lives, that is when we are most vulnerable.

It is pure folly to overlook Trump's cheating just because you like the guy..........

You may call it folly, but I don't see it as my place to judge any man for his past moral shortcomings, regardless of whether or not I support his (or any other's) candidacy. 

[I think that we have moved well past the point of "thread high-jack" with this interesting (at least to us!) sub-conversation, so I will stop.  But if you wish to carry on the discussion, send me a PM.]

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2016, 05:15:57 pm »
But make no mistake, it was Trump that took down both Hillary and Bill, and shut them up...they have no defense against what they never believed anyone would throw at them.  That wasn't any other candidate doing that, that was Trump.

==================================

Yeah the 'stalking horse' is nothing but 'grasping for straws.'

And yes, nobody in the GOPe has the intestinal fortitude, guts, moxy, balls, or REASON to 'take down' Hillary and Bill.  They've got too many 'Hillary and Bills' in their own closets to come swinging too hard as to cause the 'deflection' to come right back and hit them smack between the eyes.

Bill and Hillary are 'hard core.'  And in the worst way(s).

So is Trump, but not in the same ways as Hillary and Bill.

But until I see either Hillary or Bill being hauled off in a car that says '9-1-1' on the side of it, NOBODY has 'taken down' either one of them.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2016, 05:16:34 pm »
Look, you can say and feel a lot of things about Donald Trump one way or the other...his brashness guarantees that breadth of opinion about him.  But to say he is a stalking horse for Hillary has by this time been shown to be ludicrous.  He is the one candidate - not even Bernie Sanders, running against her right now, has done this - he has taken the main thrust of her campaign and shut her up with it.  He is the one that has put Hillary into this tailspin by attacking her head-on, and doing so on the main theme of her campaign.  He got dirty and personal with her and Bill...he drove them straight into Bill Cosby and started her free-fall.  The FBI stuff is coming around now and the whispers from it are reinforcing it.  But make no mistake, it was Trump that took down both Hillary and Bill, and shut them up...they have no defense against what they never believed anyone would throw at them.  That wasn't any other candidate doing that, that was Trump.

It's ludicrous on its face. It diminishes the speaker.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2016, 05:17:51 pm »

I agree wholeheartedly.  But I have also found it to be pointless to argue against how others "feel" about things.  So, I acknowledge their feelings, and just let the passage of time itself reveal the soundness of the "feelings." 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2016, 05:23:08 pm »
It's ludicrous on its face. It diminishes the speaker.

If you say so but I stand by what I said never-the-less!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2016, 05:23:41 pm »
I agree wholeheartedly.  But I have also found it to be pointless to argue against how others "feel" about things.  So, I acknowledge their feelings, and just let the passage of time itself reveal the soundness of the "feelings."

Donald Trump has the nomination. It's now just a matter of counting up the delegates.

History shows that the (R) and the (D) leading at the end of November-December end up their party's nominee.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 05:27:05 pm »
I'm good with stopping (after this final post on the subject)............ though I don't think discussions of major character flaws in a candidate is ever 'hijacking' a thread on why I won't vote for said candidate.

I will just end with, it is obvious that none of us knows what's in another person's heart.  But we are told in Scripture to examine their behavior and judge them by their fruit.  One cannot use part of Scripture to base one's philosophy (that "judge not" part) and ignore the rest.

It is good to know that you are at least consistent in not being bothered greatly by Clinton's untrustworthiness due to his adultery.  I was, because I believe that those who are incapable of fidelity in a relationship as important as marriage are not likely to be faithful in other matters either.  I said that in the 90's about Clinton, and I say it now about Trump.

It is also interesting that though 80 -90 percent of humanity condemns adultery, a few of you find it of low importance.  IMO, that goes a long way to explain your personal support of Trump in spite of his gaping character flaws.

I remember when the word 'discriminating' was a good thing.  We were supposed to make judgments based on values and seek the best we could find when choosing leaders.  That concept is clearly dead.  We are now, I guess, supposed to overlook deep, black faults and pretend that it doesn't matter that they are there.  We must make excuses for everything.

That has to be done with Trump supporters repeatedly, because the reality is that he has gaping faults not only in character, but also in his political positions.

Let it be clearly stated, that if only one person remains who stays consistent with conservative principles and moral values and doesn't succumb to the populism that makes one toss them out the window, I pray that person is me.........

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2016, 05:32:02 pm »
Donald Trump has the nomination. It's now just a matter of counting up the delegates.

History shows that the (R) and the (D) leading at the end of November-December end up their party's nominee.

Don't count your eggs before the chickens hatch!!  lol

I understand what you are seeing, and saying.

But I am not so sure that "what's past is prologue" is applicable to this case.

The DC Establishment has never had to deal with a Don Trump before.  I don't think that things are settled by any stretch of the imagination.  In fact, the real "fun" has yet to get started!!  Remember, these monsters will never go quietly into the night.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2016, 05:36:43 pm »
I'm good with stopping (after this final post on the subject)............ though I don't think discussions of major character flaws in a candidate is ever 'hijacking' a thread on why I won't vote for said candidate.

As I said, I have no debate or contention with you on who you will vote for.  It is none of my business.  The rest of the discussion is certainly a thread high-jack from the topic.

Online libertybele

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2016, 05:43:15 pm »
Don't count your eggs before the chickens hatch!!  lol

I understand what you are seeing, and saying.

But I am not so sure that "what's past is prologue" is applicable to this case.

The DC Establishment has never had to deal with a Don Trump before.  I don't think that things are settled by any stretch of the imagination.  In fact, the real "fun" has yet to get started!!  Remember, these monsters will never go quietly into the night.

....nor has the DC establishment ever had to deal with so much obvious rejection by the electorate.  Trump and Cruz are polling as well as they are (and Trump since he announced his candidacy) because they flat out REJECT the establishment candidates and what they represent.  I have to chuckle at the e-mails and letters that I have received recently from the RNC; their support has obviously dwindled significantly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2016, 05:56:49 pm »
....nor has the DC establishment ever had to deal with so much obvious rejection by the electorate.  Trump and Cruz are polling as well as they are (and Trump since he announced his candidacy) because they flat out REJECT the establishment candidates and what they represent. I have to chuckle at the e-mails and letters that I have received recently from the RNC; their support has obviously dwindled significantly.

I agree completely with that, lb.  But the poll results, and to a certain extent, the cauci and ballot counts, aren'y going to guarantee anything.  Delegate math is where the rubber meets the road.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 05:57:13 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline Carling

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2016, 06:00:11 pm »
If you say so but I stand by what I said never-the-less!

Well if you want to ignore reality, nobody is going to stop you!   :beer: