Author Topic: Why I Will Never Vote for Donald Trump  (Read 11047 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Why I Will Never Vote for Donald Trump
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 03:34:20 pm »
All true, but not relevant to some...  Because he was on reality TeeVee, calls people mean names at times, and has been divorced twice!  Those facts obviate all else!!   :silly:

Character matters to some of us.  And we're not really silly because of it............ or do you think we are?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »
Some of you may not like his personality, but his business skills, his decades of winning negotiations, his status as a high achiever, his America-First patriotism, cannot be easily dismissed.

I will speak for myself.  I am not dismissing his business skills, nor his decades of winning negotiations.  He is obviously an achiever.  Yes, his personality is a bit crass, but even that I could deal with.  Further than that, Trump can talk America-First patriotism all he wants -- there is absolutely no voting record; all we can go by is his words.  We can take what he says as the gospel truth or doubt him.  Running a business is different than running our country including knowing protocol and the 'ins and outs' of government.  He can say what he's going to do; but keep in mind that takes (or should take) the consent of BOTH houses of Congress -- not just because that's what Donald wants.  Secondly, even based on what he states, I still don't see him as a conservative for other reasons (links below).  Perhaps most importantly, yes he has a crass personality, but to continuously 'bash' fellow candidates while going softly on the opposition creates some doubt.  His past ties with the DEMS sheds some doubt.  His stating several times that he was thinking of running 3rd party sheds doubt. For me, I try to imagine a Trump presidency and questions, would he indeed listen to advice from those he has surrounded himself with?  Will he do right by country or right by Donald?  My answer to both of these leans towards 'no'.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/01/trumps-questionable-political-history
https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/donald-trump

CR used to be a good website, their CR ratings for pols are still very useful, but unfortunately they became Ted Cruz Election Headquarters late last year.  Hopefully after the 2016 primaries are over, they will get back to being a good resource for conservatives.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 03:36:21 pm »
Oh, yeah............ and there's that support for single payer health insurance, which will damage the US health care system and economy more than almost any other misguided policy.

But let's forget those Progressive things, shall we??  Because we're so conservative that we don't worry about leftist policies in the Presidential candidate we support............

Oy..

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 03:36:53 pm »
All true, but not relevant to some...  Because he was on reality TeeVee, calls people mean names at times, and has been divorced twice!  Those facts obviate all else!!   :silly:

But none of those are among my reasons!  I don't like trump because he is nothing but a stalking horse for HILLARY and thinks along the same lines as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »
But none of those are among my reasons!  I don't like trump because he is nothing but a stalking horse for HILLARY and thinks along the same lines as well!

That's what needs to be ignored to be on the bandwagon, Bigun.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 03:39:40 pm »
Character matters to some of us.  And we're not really silly because of it............ or do you think we are?

No, I don't think that you are silly, not at all.  But I do think that it is silly to overlook the substance of Don Trump as a man of high accomplishment and patriotism over picayune incidentals such as the three I listed.

As I always say, I don't give a tinker's damn about who anyone votes for.  I hope that every person here votes their conscience in the primary and wish the best of luck to them and their chosen candidate.  And, I also don't care who any votes for in the general election, I hope that everyone votes their conscience in that too.  When it is all said and done, we will see who the winner it, and deal with it, like we always have done.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 03:41:36 pm »

All I can say to you Bigun, is that we will all watch and see how it plays out.  You may very well be right about that, but you also may be wrong.  Neither of us has a crystal ball, so we will both have to wait and see!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 03:42:10 pm »
No, I don't think that you are silly, not at all.  But I do think that it is silly to overlook the substance of Don Trump as a man of high accomplishment and patriotism over picayune incidentals such as the three I listed.

As I always say, I don't give a tinker's damn about who anyone votes for.  I hope that every person here votes their conscience in the primary and wish the best of luck to them and their chosen candidate.  And, I also don't care who any votes for in the general election, I hope that everyone votes their conscience in that too.  When it is all said and done, we will see who the winner it, and deal with it, like we always have done.

For me, it's simple.

My conscience will not allow me to vote for a Progressive, nor a person who lacks character.

And I will beat that same drum until election day because I will not sacrifice the values I have held my entire adult life to vote for a Populist liberal.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 03:46:55 pm »
All I can say to you Bigun, is that we will all watch and see how it plays out.  You may very well be right about that, but you also may be wrong.  Neither of us has a crystal ball, so we will both have to wait and see!

And all I can respond with is to say if, in the end, I find myself in the position of having to pull the Trump lever it will be done with the greatest sense of foreboding in my life and I 'll be PRAYING that I am wrong!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:47:26 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 03:48:02 pm »
For me, it's simple.

My conscience will not allow me to vote for a Progressive, nor a person who lacks character.

And I will beat that same drum until election day because I will not sacrifice the values I have held my entire adult life to vote for a Populist liberal.

Stay strong and stay principled, musiclady.   :seeya:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2016, 03:49:01 pm »
For me, it's simple.

And I totally respect your choice to hold those opinions, and vote for the candidate that best represents all that you value and hold dear!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2016, 03:49:53 pm »
And all I can respond with is to say if, in the end, I find myself in the position of having to pull the Trump lever it will be done with the greatest sense of foreboding in my life and I 'll be PRAYING that I am wrong!

I think that we all will join you in that prayer!!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2016, 03:55:03 pm »

Plus another 65 MILLION TRUMP Voters in 2016! :patriot:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2016, 03:55:12 pm »
CR used to be a good website, their CR ratings for pols are still very useful, but unfortunately they became Ted Cruz Election Headquarters late last year.  Hopefully after the 2016 primaries are over, they will get back to being a good resource for conservatives.

Certainly I have noticed the bias, and I am not basing my opinions solely on their perspective or 'ratings'.  They provide an easy culmination of facts (backed up by voting records and news sources).  My opinion is also based on some research that I have done, (I haven't taken the time to compile and put collectively in any one place), logic of the obvious, and my gut feeling (which has served me very well all my life).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2016, 03:55:40 pm »
Oh, yeah............ and there's that support for single payer health insurance, which will damage the US health care system and economy more than almost any other misguided policy.

But let's forget those Progressive things, shall we??  Because we're so conservative that we don't worry about leftist policies in the Presidential candidate we support............

Oy..

Correct. But none of that matters to his acolytes, who remain convinced that he is the second coming of Ronaldus Magnus.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2016, 03:56:10 pm »
be played like a fiddle

To be skillfully manipulated by someone to suit his or her own needs, ends, or benefits. I was played like a fiddle by that travelling salesman. Now what am I going to do with all this junk that he convinced me to buy? Can't you see that his flattery is totally insincere? You're being played like a fiddle!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2016, 04:00:02 pm »
For me, it's simple.

Amen.  Music.  Amen.   :amen:  I fully understand.  My vote for Trump would be strictly a vote to prohibit Hillary or Bernie from taking the White House.  I'm hoping that my vote in the primary will be one vote that help to prohibit Trump from being our nominee.

I am doing what I can to support my candidate ... and a whole lot of praying.   :0001:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2016, 04:01:37 pm »
And I totally respect your choice to hold those opinions, and vote for the candidate that best represents all that you value and hold dear!

Let me just add one thought............. you laughed at the fact that Trump was divorced twice, as though it didn't matter, but you didn't mention that what bothers (at least a few of us 'old-fashioned' morals types) is not that he was divorced, but that he committed adultery.

Adultery is the ultimate betrayal, deceit, and lack of trustworthiness, and to dismiss it, or worse yet, laugh at those of us who don't, is part of the biggest problem America has.

Remember the 90's when the left was saying that Bill Clinton's extra-marital dalliances were meaningless, and ridiculed those of us who said it mattered?  Well, I'm one of those relics who still believe it matters.

And some here have laughed at me because I haven't given up on the moral principles that I've held for more than a half-century.

Trump's cheating matters.  People can deny that it's an integral part of character to be faithful to your spouse, but it doesn't change reality.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2016, 04:03:36 pm »
Correct. But none of that matters to his acolytes, who remain convinced that he is the second coming of Ronaldus Magnus.

Agree.

We just need to pray that his acolytes never rise to more than a third of Republican primary voters, and that we won't have a nightmare election in November between two Progressives.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 04:03:52 pm »
Certainly I have noticed the bias, and I am not basing my opinions solely on their perspective or 'ratings'.  They provide an easy culmination of facts (backed up by voting records and news sources).  My opinion is also based on some research that I have done, (I haven't taken the time to compile and put collectively in any one place), logic of the obvious, and my gut feeling (which has served me very well all my life).

Yes, they have some really great authors over there.  And, not that it needs to be said, but as a private venture, they have every right to choose and support whichever candidate they prefer.  I just hope that after the primaries are over, they can get back to their original mission.  You are a great researcher and I suspect that your gut feelings have indeed served you well over the years, may they continue to do just that for the rest of your life!   :patriot:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2016, 04:04:22 pm »
Plus another 65 MILLION TRUMP Voters in 2016! :patriot:

:patriot:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 04:04:32 pm »

Donaldus Fraudus?   :smokin:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 04:04:57 pm »
Amen.  Music.  Amen.   :amen:  I fully understand.  My vote for Trump would be strictly a vote to prohibit Hillary or Bernie from taking the White House.  I'm hoping that my vote in the primary will be one vote that help to prohibit Trump from being our nominee.

I am doing what I can to support my candidate ... and a whole lot of praying.   :0001:

I'm praying too, libertybele, but I'm not sure after the last eight years and what's being said now, that God hasn't given up on America.

Praying, nonetheless.....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 04:06:00 pm »

Ditto.   :patriot:

Offline Carling

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 04:06:56 pm »
Likewise - but that hasn't stopped some folks from making assumptions about who I am.  Name-calling and labelling is no way to win a debate, btw.   Am I supposed to be impressed that Katzenjammer childishly labels the author of the article posted in this thread as "human waste"?   But Katzie is a Trumpista, and we all know that malicious name-calling in place of substance is Trump's stock in trade.

You mean like when you were yesterday comparing Posters who don't share your hatred of Trump to Nazis and calling them racists and bigots?  What a joke.  Save the high road for those who actually use it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:07:59 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------