Author Topic: Rand Paul: GOP is 'responsible' for my debate exclusion  (Read 634 times)

rangerrebew

Rand Paul: GOP is 'responsible' for my debate exclusion
« on: January 14, 2016, 10:51:19 am »

January 13, 2016, 11:20 am
Rand Paul: GOP is 'responsible' for my debate exclusion

By Rebecca Savransky

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is blaming the GOP for his exclusion from the main debate stage in this week's Republican presidential debate, saying the decision may cost the party the support of libertarian voters.

"They have been saying for months they're going to narrow the field, but I don't think it's the job of the establishment in the Republican Party to decide who is and who isn't [in],” he said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Wednesday morning.

Fox Business Network had announced earlier this week that Paul wouldn't qualify for a spot on the main stage at Thursday’s night’s debate. The network had given candidates a chance to place in the top six spots of polls nationally or the top five either in Iowa or New Hampshire.

Paul, who is boycotting the “undercard” debate that will be held before the main event, said he's being pushed out because he has a "unique voice."

"I am the one voice saying we shouldn't make the sand glow. I am the one voice saying we shouldn't be collecting all — the government shouldn't be collecting all your records, and I'm the one voice saying we shouldn't lock up every kid for marijuana," he said.

"Do they really not want liberty voters in their party?” he said.

The Kentucky Republican argued that he should be on the main stage after coming out fifth in the Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics Iowa poll released Wednesday, ranking ahead of Jeb Bush and several other Republicans who will be on the main debate stage.

Paul said polling “shows we should be” in the debate.

“This one is within their guidelines, within their framework,” Paul said of the Des Moines Register poll, “and we’re telling them today they should be counting it.”

Offline PzLdr

Re: Rand Paul: GOP is 'responsible' for my debate exclusion
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 05:03:29 pm »
Your debate exclusion is the result of:[a] your mouth and positions, and your poll numbers.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 05:07:57 pm »
Paul lost his POTUS run when he jumped in bed with Mitch McConnell and turned his back on CONSERVATIVES in McConnell reelection in KY last year. JUST thank ole MITCH for your demise? :shrug:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 05:35:21 pm »
Paul lost his POTUS run when he jumped in bed with Mitch McConnell and turned his back on CONSERVATIVES in McConnell reelection in KY last year. JUST thank ole MITCH for your demise? :shrug:

You're right.  I knew when Rand did that he was doomed.   **nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 05:36:49 pm »
Your debate exclusion is the result of:[a] your mouth and positions, and your poll numbers.

:beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.