Author Topic: Hillary: I believe that I’m SWIMMING in an OCEAN of WHITE PRIVILEGE  (Read 1965 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary: I believe that I’m SWIMMING in an OCEAN of WHITE PRIVILEGE

Politics
    US Intel

Jan 12, 2016

From Legal Insurrection

Hillary has a minority problem

During a Fusion-hosted event at Drake, Democratic Presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton was asked, “Can you tell us what the term ‘white privilege’ means to you and can you give me an example from your life or career when you think you have benefitted from it?”

“Look, where do I start? It is hard when you’re swimming in the ocean to know exactly what’s happening around you so much as it is when you’re standing on the shore, perhaps watching,” Hillary began.

Clinton explained she grew up in a supportive family and went to good public schools. “I never really knew what was or wasn’t part of the privilege, I just knew that I was a lucky person,” she said. “Being lucky was in part related to who I am, where I’m from and the opportunities I had.”

Hillary share two stories about her revelation of white privilege, both experiences she gained from her church.

Among her many struggles this election season, Clinton has had a rough go with minority electorates. From a Kwanzaa Twitter flub, to Hispandering, Clinton has struggled to convince minority voters she understands their world view.

During the Fusion event, Clinton was also confronted about her use of the term, “illegal immigrant,” a term reviled by progressives. Clinton ultimately vowed not to use the term again. Blake Seitz of the Washington Free Beacon has that story:

Hillary Clinton pledged Monday never to use the phrase “illegal immigrant.”

Clinton was grilled about her past use of the term during a Democratic forum focusing on minority concerns.

“Last November you said the following and I quote: ‘I have voted many times to spend money to build a barrier to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in,’” Fusion TV host Jorge Ramos said. “So first question: would you commit to not using the term ‘illegal’ or ‘illegal immigrants’ in the future?”

Clinton acceded to Ramos’s request and disavowed her earlier comments.

“Absolutely. That was a poor choice of words and obviously, historically I have used ‘undocumented.’ I haven’t used it since and I won’t use it in the future,” Clinton said.

Daily Beast writer, Barrett Holmes Pitner, discussed his frustration with Hillary’s “tone-deaf racial pandering”:

The Democratic frontrunner needs to show she really gets what black and Hispanic voters want—and that doesn’t mean giving your Twitter feed a Kwanzaa makeover.

Hillary Clinton’s minority outreach over the last week has rekindled the idea that she is a candidate who is out of touch, particularly when it comes to minorities. To many of us, her campaign’s insistence that she is an abuela for Latinos and the changing of her Twitter logo to represent Kwanzaa came across as pandering at its worst.

As the leading candidates for the Republican Party continue to stoke racial, religious and ethnic tensions, the Democratic Party needs a candidate who can appeal to minority electorates. Clinton’s recent snafus show a potential vulnerability with her campaign regarding voters that the Democrats cannot afford to lose.

Yet these gaffes also display an obstacle that liberal candidates will face in this election cycle. Minority voters not only want a candidate who understands and appreciates their culture, has the capacity to fight for their causes and create positive change, but also one who can successfully navigate the line between appreciation and appropriation. Read More

http://woundedamericanwarrior.com/hillary-i-believe-that-im-swimming-in-an-ocean-of-white-privilege/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:21:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline mountaineer

Re: Hillary: I believe that I’m SWIMMING in an OCEAN of WHITE PRIVILEGE
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 07:41:05 pm »
Hillary and her pasty-white man of hers, swimming that ocean of privilege.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 07:44:25 pm »
With that bottom the only place she is swimming to is the BOTTOM where she belongs! :silly:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:45:13 pm »
Hillary and her pasty-white man of hers, swimming that ocean of privilege.

Bill looks like he's about the pass-out...

"Hurry up you idiot!  I can't breath with my gut sucked in like this!"...     :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 08:46:56 pm »

Who knew that, all this time, it was 'white privilege' coming out of the south-end of a northbound bull...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 09:01:08 pm »
It's beginning to look like she may be swimming in an ocean of something else soon

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 09:31:13 pm »
The White Whale speaks.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 09:38:14 pm »
Bill looks like he's about the pass-out...  "Hurry up you idiot!  I can't breath with my gut sucked in like this!"...     :silly:

ROFL!!  Agree . . . and it looks like Hillary's trying her best to stretch her leg tight enough to make a calf muscle.      88devil

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 10:08:28 pm »
Well, Hillary, then the matter is simple:  stop swimming.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 10:18:12 pm »
They both need to go back to the sewer from which they came.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 10:19:02 pm by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 10:29:05 pm »
Oh, she's swimming in privilege, all right...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 01:49:16 am »

With those ample "thighs of white privilege", you don't have to worry about "swimmin'", girl.

With all dat fat, you can't sink!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 03:21:21 am »
Y'all say what you will, but I have to agree with her - those are two very white people!