Author Topic: Why McCain Would Support Donald Trump  (Read 422 times)

Offline libertybele

Why McCain Would Support Donald Trump
« on: January 13, 2016, 03:24:24 pm »
Wonders never cease to amaze me. I've got news for ya Johnny ... I don't think Trump or any other candidate needs your 'influence'; it will do more harm then good.  If you want to support a GOP candidate, best thing you could do, is sit down, keep quiet, and remain out of sight, or bet yet; retire.  After I read the entire article; I'm convinced senility has taken hold.

Why John McCain would support Donald Trump as the GOP nominee

John McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential nominee and Arizona senator, said he plans to endorse his party's nominee for president in 2016, even if it's Donald Trump.

"I'm a loyal Republican," McCain said in an interview with CBS News Chief White House Correspondent Major Garrett. "I believe the best way to shape the agenda of the next president of the United States is to be part of the team and make my influence felt as strongly as possible."...

..."For me to walk away from the party of Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan would be I think an abrogation of my responsibilities to the voters," he added.

...He said he believes he can bring "advice and counsel" to the next president because of his experience.    :silly:

McCain said that Trump taps into "anger" and "frustration" among the electorate, especially among voters who haven't seen significant improvements in their lives. Those voters, he said, believe Republicans leaders in Washington have contributed to the gridlock, but he argued that's only valid to a degree.

He pointed to the bills that have passed recently, including a federal education overhaul, a budget deal and defense authorization bill. Plus, he said, the Republicans in the House and Senate finally put a bill to repeal Obamacare on the President Obama's desk....

..."It takes a while to turn around people's views....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-john-mccain-would-support-donald-trump-as-the-gop-nominee/

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:24:52 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Why McCain Would Support Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:59:03 pm »
McCain is a shamelss liar. He recklessly and relentlessly sided with Democrats to undercut GW Bush in the US Senate from 2004-2008.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Why McCain Would Support Donald Trump
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 04:00:56 pm »
He pointed to the bills that have passed recently, including a federal education overhaul, a budget deal and defense authorization bill.

This is like going 0 for 3 yet saying you made the pitcher work for the outs.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan