Author Topic: Congressman ‘Disappointed’ By Obama’s ‘Flat’ Speech: ‘He Seemed to Break Into a Lecture as Opposed to a State of the Union Address’  (Read 477 times)

Offline Paladin

Quite possibly this is the best analysis of Obama's SOTU speech I have seen thus far.

"Without any assurance from President Barack Obama that the U.S. is safe, Rep. Tom Emmer (R-Minn.) said that it was “difficult” to listen to his State of the Union address — or as he called it, State of the Union “lecture.”

In an interview with TheBlaze following Obama’s final State of the Union address, Emmer said he was “disappointed” that Obama did not dedicate more time during his speech on national security issues — more specifically, reassuring the American people that the country was safe from terrorists organizations such as the Islamic State.

“I wanted to hear that he was going to take the reigns as the commander in chief and make sure that Americans knew first and foremost that our federal government, our president, the commander in chief, is going to make sure that Americans in our homeland our safe,” Emmer said Tuesday night. “He kind of shadowboxed with the topic.”

Instead, he once again, without using the term ‘jayvee team,’ he tried to tell us that America’s stature in the world has never been greater,” the congressman continued. “I question that seriously when we have a president who makes red lines that he doesn’t enforce, when we have a president who withdraws from different parts of the world and allows the Taliban to resurrect, allows al Qaeda to start to resurrect, allows ISIS or Daesh to get stronger by the day, allows Iran, the chief sponsor of terrorism to fire missiles within a 1,000 yards plus of one of our ships and does nothing in response.”

Emmer said that while he tends to disagree with Obama on a political standpoint — unsurprisingly — he still expected more charisma from the known orator. Instead, Emmer said he was “rather flat” in his speech which was “long on rhetoric and extremely thin on substance.”

The Minnesota representative further criticized Obama for almost “lecturing” during his address.

“He seemed to break into a lecture as opposed to a State of the Union address, and it was almost a lecture to Congress and the American people,” Emmer said. “‘If you don’t agree with me on certain things — for instance, my view on climate change and energy — well then, you’re going to be very lonely and you’re very foolish.’ He didn’t use the term foolish, but that was the implied.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/01/13/congressman-disappointed-by-obamas-flat-speech-he-seemed-to-break-into-a-lecture-as-opposed-to-a-state-of-the-union-address/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I didn't watch the speech, but I've never heard Obama speak that I didn't feel like he was lecturing me and other "folks" because we have all these "notions".  He is a condescending POS!  Surely, this Congressman wasn't really surprised by that.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!