Author Topic: Ann Coulter Shocks With Single Tweet As Nikki Haley Delivers GOP SOTU Response  (Read 7004 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can think of many things worse than a Trump presidency. The all have a (D) after them.

I can think of a couple that don't have a D after them.  Bush and Kasich come immediately to mind with Christy not far behind!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Reading Jz posts he is a Liberal in everything but party ID. He left the Conservative movement a long long long time ago. You can always spot the closet Leftists pretending to be "Conservative" by their over use of "Nazi" analogies pointed at anyone to their right.

sinkspur in a different suit.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Reading Jz posts he is a Liberal in everything but party ID. He left the Conservative movement a long long long time ago. You can always spot the closet Leftists pretending to be "Conservative" by their over use of "Nazi" analogies pointed at anyone to their right.

Bullspit.  I have as much right to the label as you do.  I'm solidly conservative on economic issues, tax and entitlement reform, immigration, and issues of individual liberty.   I do tend to be moderate on social issues but I don't believe I've said a word about such matters in the short time I've been here.

Get to know me before you spew such garbage.   The fact that I dispise Donald Trump puts me in good company with a host of principled conservatives.   

And one last thing - I wouldn't think of using "Nazi" analogies to describe any principled conservative.  But that doesn't describe Donald Trump.  No, I will not be a good German.  Will you?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Carling

Nikki Haley may as well become a Democrat, along with Marco Rubio.

They have both spit in the faces of those who elected them into office.

Coulter as usual was harsh, but I'm all for "deporting" Haley from the new GOP that is being created.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GourmetDan

I have as much right to the label as you do.

I'm a moderate myself... you should see the people to the right of me...    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Oh, please. That's hyperbole. I don't like Trump, either, but I've managed to avoid going all drama queen about it.

Since when is acting on principle hyperbole?   

There's a dozen or so good people running for the GOP nod, and one dangerous demogogue.  There's still time to keep the conservative coalition together.  Don't be indifferent.  There is too much at stake.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Nikki Haley may as well become a Democrat, along with Marco Rubio.

They have both spit in the faces of those who elected them into office.

Coulter as usual was harsh, but I'm all for "deporting" Haley from the new GOP that is being created.

Without main street conservatives like Nikki Haley, the GOP will be unrecognizable.  And it certainly won't retain any significant political power.   

Offline aligncare

Just a little rambling on a different aspect of the left/right debate.

Jazzhead apparently loves jazz. So do I. And there are no bigger leftist than are found among jazz artists and aficionados. Yet, I like Trump, but he hates Trump. How can that be?

No problem. It all works out in the end.

You see, liberalism in the arts is a good thing. It's part of the creative process to let go of the tried and true and experiment with the new.

But, in national security or finance or in protecting God-given liberties, liberalism is a non sequitur.

Don't know if any of this means anything in this discussion so, you are free to carry on.

Offline Carling

But make no mistake - if Trump's the nominee, this 40-year GOP loyalist is GONE. I refuse to be a good German.

I remember when I thought the current establishment GOP gave one care about me or my family. Why, it was just last spring before I woke up from being a robot.

With that...

Offline Carling

Without main street conservatives like Nikki Haley, the GOP will be unrecognizable.  And it certainly won't retain any significant political power.   

Haley ran as an outsider and was elected because of it.  Now she is a Stable Girl for the establishment GOP.

Enjoy your Kool-Aid.

Offline Carling

I refuse to be a good German.

Help me out here.  Given that German women are being gang-raped and gang-assaulted by packs of "refugees," and the German government is covering it up, exactly who are the "good Germans" right now?  If you're talking about Trump's plan to suspend Muslim immigration and applying that standard to Germany, does that mean that a "bad German," which I assume you're trying to claim to be, doesn't care if German women are being sexually assaulted?

Or, are you going to the Leftist 101 playbook of calling anyone who doesn't agree with you Nazis?   Either way, I find it a shallow and simplistic argument based both on history and the present.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:46:04 pm by Carling »

Offline GAJohnnie

Not only that, this habit of calling everyone who does not follow their emotion based political dogmas "Nazis" devalues the term. It renders the ones making the attack absurd since the things they apply the labels to are people who in no way are any where near performing the atrocities of the Nazis.

HAPPY2BME

Not only that, this habit of calling everyone who does not follow their emotion based political dogmas "Nazis" devalues the term. It renders the ones making the attack absurd since the things they apply the labels to are people who in no way are any where near performing the atrocities of the Nazis.

===========================================

Classic strawman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vzCmURh7o

Offline GourmetDan

Actually... to a liberal... disagreeing with them is equivalent to anything that the Nazis did in their minds...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Help me out here.  Given that German women are being gang-raped and gang-assaulted by packs of "refugees," and the German government is covering it up, exactly who are the "good Germans" right now?  If you're talking about Trump's plan to suspend Muslim immigration and applying that standard to Germany, does that mean that a "bad German," which I assume you're trying to claim to be, doesn't care if German women are being sexually assaulted?

Or, are you going to the Leftist 101 playbook of calling anyone who doesn't agree with you Nazis?   Either way, I find it a shallow and simplistic argument based both on history and the present.

Actually, Germans of Merkel's own party are now calling for...wait for it...a temporary end to Muslim immigration until they can determine if they can assimilate to German ways.  Does that sound familiar?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

Main Street conservatives...are those the ones who are purchased by the Chamber of Commerce?

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

Main Street conservatives...are those the ones who are purchased by the Chamber of Commerce?

================================================

A 'Main Street conservative' normally has no clue what the CofC even is, let alone how many 'elected officials' it owns, and controls.

Offline PzLdr

I'm a moderate myself... you should see the people to the right of me...    :silly:

Here I am. Hell! I'm WAY to the right of Chingghis Quan.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline PzLdr

New flash for ya. BECAUSE of the 'main street conservatives like Nikki Haley" in D.C, the GOP hasn't demonstrated 'any significant political power', and won't retain what little it has.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

HAPPY2BME

New flash for ya. BECAUSE of the 'main street conservatives like Nikki Haley" in D.C, the GOP hasn't demonstrated 'any significant political power', and won't retain what little it has.

==========================================

I think you've 'got it.'

Offline mountaineer

Agreed. Visit a few concentration camps in Europe or, at least, the Holocaust Museum in D.C. and then remind us again how   ___ (fill in the blank with the politician, celebrity or internet poster with whom you disagree) is so much like Nazis. In excess of 6 million slaughtered vs. "I just don't like him, he's bombastic and crude"?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Except I've neither called Trump nor his supporters Nazis.   I've said I won't be a "good German", by which I'm intending to refer to the election of 1933 where Hitler was elected chancellor by a plurality vote of the German people.   Folks thought they were being good Germans by voting for the Nazis, who hid well their murderous agenda,  but in retrospect it's easy to see they were suckered by the siren song of a demogogue who exploited the volk's fears that the nation was crumbling as the result of outsiders and "others".    It is the EXPLOITATION and FEAR MONGERING and APPEALS TO PREJUDICE practiced by Trump that lie behind my declaration that I won't be fooled by this man and his vile and divisive rhetoric. 

By 1933 it was too late for Germany.  But it's not too late for us.  We can still do the right thing and nominate a principled conservative.  I pray that we do.   
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 10:53:44 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline katzenjammer

Except I've neither called Trump nor his supporters Nazis.   I've said I won't be a "good German", by which I'm intending to refer to the election of 1933 where Hitler was elected chancellor by a plurality vote of the German people.   Folks thought they were being good Germans by voting for the Nazis, who hid well their murderous agenda,  but in retrospect it's easy to see they were suckered by the siren song of a demogogue who, like Hitler today,  exploited the volk's fears that the nation was crumbling as the result of outsiders and "others".    It is the EXPLOITATION and FEAR MONGERING and APPEALS TO PREJUDICE practiced by Trump that lie behind my declaration that I won't be fooled by this man and his vile and divisive rhetoric. 

By 1933 it was too late for Germany.  But it's not too late for us.  We can still do the right thing and nominate a principled conservative.  I pray that we do.

Hilter is running for office again?  What party?
 :silly:

Offline EdinVA

Just out of curiosity Jazz, what do you mean by a "principled conservative"?

To me, a conservative wants balance budgets, or at least move that direction, a smaller less intrusive government and a strong national defense (borders, military etc).
Where you are throwing me is you seem to want a "principled politician" and that confuses me.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
FEAR MONGERING and APPEALS TO PREJUDICE

Prejudice is a preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.  If one had recommended temporarily stopping Muslim immigration before the many and continuing terrorist acts committed by the adherents to Islam had occurred, that would be prejudice.  Making such a suggestion following the years of many and continuing terrorist acts committed by this cohort is a proposal based upon actual experience.  Fear mongering is the deliberate use of the tactic of exaggeration to alter the perception of the public.  Again, if these proposals were made in advance of the many and continuing terrorist acts, such would be a fair claim.  However, it is not fear mongering if the actual acts of terrorism have been and continue to be occurring.  For example, the German people protesting against the refugee migration following the mass rapes and assaults of New Year's Eve, are not fear mongering or appealing to prejudice, unless of course it is a demagogue casting that claim, as they are responding to actual experience - things that really happened.  In the case of Trump, his proposals are responses to the actual experience of the nation.  You may dislike the proposed response, however, it is rank demagoguery to call the proposed response fear mongering or appealing to prejudice.

...Bob Dylan