Author Topic: NFl Chargers/Raiders  (Read 647 times)

Offline flowers

NFl Chargers/Raiders
« on: January 12, 2016, 08:47:47 pm »
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 10m10 minutes ago

The NFL's six-owner Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities has recommended the joint bid between Raiders & Chargers.

OMG......really. Chargers  fans  and Oakland fans together? Oakland fans stab, beatup Chargers fans all the time when they come to SD. Oh to be fair Raider fans do that for all other teams as well.

Oh well....Chargers no longer my fav team.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: NFl Chargers/Raiders
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 02:04:01 am »
Looks like they made a reversal: it's the Rams going to LA instead. Chargers can if they want. Raiders are out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621645/article/expectation-is-owners-to-award-rams-inglewood-site
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 04:59:20 am »
Looks like they made a reversal: it's the Rams going to LA instead. Chargers can if they want. Raiders are out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621645/article/expectation-is-owners-to-award-rams-inglewood-site
Oh my.....I was a Charger fan......What if they are still stuck in SD?   

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 11:08:48 am »
Oh my.....I was a Charger fan......What if they are still stuck in SD?
They'll survive. Their stadium is old and could use renovations but it's not the decrepit dump people make it out to be.

I'm just surprised at the ill will the league seems to have against the Raiders. Of all three teams, they're the one that desperately needs a new home most.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 09:21:39 pm »
They'll survive. Their stadium is old and could use renovations but it's not the decrepit dump people make it out to be.

I'm just surprised at the ill will the league seems to have against the Raiders. Of all three teams, they're the one that desperately needs a new home most.
I have been to that stadium many times. It isn't as bad as the ownership says it is. The fans have been loyal to them. Heck we lived thru the Ryan Leaf ordeal. Spanos family has always wanted out of there. They have said they wanted a new stadium years ago. I haven't been in cali for 10 years, yet still have family down there and they say town has offered Spanos many deals. Mr spanos who was  caught on a hot mike years ago.....saying how he was going to get the town to pay for his new stadium or else he would leave. I say...scr4w the Chargers and especially ownership. Horrible to get tax payers to pay for a billion dollar stadium and ownership makes 100millions of dollars TAX FREE  every single year.  :chairbang:   

The league hasn't liked the Raiders deceased owner for some time.

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 09:27:51 pm »
College football.

Ohio State is not now, nor will they ever move and play their home games in another state. Go Buckeyes.

NFL teams want fan loyalty right up until the ownership screws the fans. The NFL is structured such that if you can manage to buy a team, it's nearly impossible to lose money. This is simply a cash grab, and to hell with the customers who helped them along the way.

Greedy SOBs.