Author Topic: Biden: Clinton 'relatively new' to income inequality issue  (Read 385 times)

Offline flowers

Biden: Clinton 'relatively new' to income inequality issue
« on: January 12, 2016, 06:34:35 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265512-biden-lauds-sanders-credibility-on-income-inequality

Vice President Biden heaped praise on Hillary Clinton's chief opponent in the Democratic presidential primary, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), for his "deep and real" focus on income inequality.

Biden said Clinton has come up with some "thoughtful" solutions to the issue but that people might question her authenticity on the wage and income gaps because she has only begun speaking about it recently.

ADVERTISEMENT
"I think that Bernie is speaking to a yearning that is deep and real. And he has credibility on that," Biden said Monday in an interview with CNN.

Asked about the fact Hillary has spoken about the issue too, Biden replied, "It's relatively new for Hillary to talk about that."

"Hillary's focus has been on other things up to now," he added. "No one questions Bernie's authenticity on those issues."

Biden said it's not unexpected Clinton would receive scrutiny over her positions but said, "I think she's come forward with some really, really thoughtful approaches to deal with the issue."

Biden's comments could inject even more drama into the Democratic presidential primary race. Polls show Clinton and Sanders running close races in the key early states of Iowa and New Hampshire, defying early predictions of a Clinton landslide victory.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Biden: Clinton 'relatively new' to income inequality issue
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:36:44 pm »
Damning with faint praise.  Hillary and all that bundled foreign "charity" money.  Let them eat cake, baby.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan