Author Topic: Biden: Obama offered financial help during Beau's illness  (Read 359 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: Obama offered financial help during Beau's illness
« on: January 12, 2016, 06:26:48 pm »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/01/12/barack-obama-joe-biden-beau-biden-cancer/78676144/

Biden: Obama offered financial help during Beau's illness
On Politics
David Jackson, USA TODAY 10:57 a.m. EST January 12, 2016

Vice President Biden says President Obama once offered financial help for the family of son Beau Biden if their bills got too high in the wake of his death last year.

During a CNN interview this week, Biden said he told the president that he and wife were prepared to sell their house in Delaware if it became necessary.

The president "got up and he said, 'don't sell that house,' " Biden recounted. " 'Promise me you won't sell the house.' "

"He said, 'I'll give you the money,' " Biden said. " 'Whatever you need, I'll give you the money. Don't, Joe — promise me. Promise me.' "

Biden said family finances worked out, and Obama's offer didn't become necessary.

Reports CNN:

"Beau Biden, after tests showing he lost no cognitive ability after his stroke, served out his second term as Delaware's attorney general. After leaving office in January 2015, however, he grew ill with brain cancer. Beau Biden died in June.

"When asked about the incident, White House press secretary Josh Earnest said it was a sign of how the two have 'legitimately become good friends.'

"'Obviously, the President and the vice president have developed the kind of personal relationship that just transcends their professional responsibilities,'' Earnest told CNN's New Day on Tuesday, citing Obama's eulogy at Beau Biden's funeral as another example of their close bond."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Biden: Obama offered financial help during Beau's illness
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:27:36 pm »
Why do I doubt the Big Zero was offering his own money? After all, what are taxpayers for?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:56:53 pm »
Why do I doubt the Big Zero was offering his own money? After all, what are taxpayers for?
Bidens son was in the fed gov thus having health care for life being AG.  They have the Cadillac medical plan don't they? this is a blatant lie for some political reason.  No way  anyone was going to lose a house over medical bills. Bidens in gov for too long to have to pay for much of anything. To many high place connections for decades.

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 07:47:00 pm »
Obama offered Kate Steinle's family nothing but a cold shoulder and instructed his media to ignore them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:47:26 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 08:52:16 pm »
Obama offered Kate Steinle's family nothing but a cold shoulder and instructed his media to ignore them.
:beer:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 11:01:13 pm »
But, but, didn't Obamacare cover it? And WHOSE money was the Chiseler in Chief willing to pony up?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee