Author Topic: Bowie's last photo shoot: Cancer-stricken star poses for the final time in promotional pictures released just two days before his death  (Read 766 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3394835/The-daughter-David-Bowie-yearn-live.html

Unrecognisable in flat cap, jeans, scruffy hoody and wraparound sunglasses as he carried his lunch — a beef sandwich and salad — in a paper bag, David Bowie wouldn’t attract a second glance on his rare forays out on to the streets of Manhattan.

He had a rule, said friends, not to stand on a street corner for any length of time in case he was recognised.

The star who had spent most of his career doing his utmost to get noticed spent his last years trying to do the opposite as he fiercely guarded a privacy he had never enjoyed before.

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3395374/David-Bowie-poses-time-Star-beams-final-photo-shoot-promotional-shots-Blackstar-album.html

Beaming at the camera and looking dapper in a black fedora hat and suit, these pictures are the final promotional pictures issued of glam rock icon David Bowie.

The images were posted to the 69-year-old's official website and Instagram account on his birthday, just two days before his death from liver cancer.

Bowie looks ecstatic in snaps taken by his longtime photographer Jimmy King as promotional material to accompany the release of his final album Blackstar.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I though so. That is why I posted that article.

It looks like he lived the end of his life his way, with dignity and joyful acceptance.  I hope I can do the same when the time comes.  An example for us all.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
One article said he attended AA regularly, while living in NYC. He died from liver cancer.

I have lost friends that way. I also have a BIL that had a successful transplant.

Makes me wonder, why Bowie never got a transplant? Probably technical medical reason, maybe the six heart attacks. Maybe his age.

There are more clean and sober celebrity performers than you hear about, since they observe the second A, which is "anonymity."

Many remain sober continuously (oldest Beatle Ringo Starr and his beautiful wife Barbara Bach, Anthony Hopkins, Paul Williams, Eric Clapton, Robert Downey Jr. to name a few) and some have relapses (Stephen Tyler, Mel Gibson, Nick Nolte etc.). And some never really get it together as far as the "recovery" thing goes (Whitney Houston, Amy Whitehouse).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
One article said he attended AA regularly, while living in NYC. He died from liver cancer.

I have lost friends that way. I also have a BIL that had a successful transplant.

Makes me wonder, why Bowie never got a transplant? Probably technical medical reason, maybe the six heart attacks. Maybe his age.

There are more clean and sober celebrity performers than you hear about, since they observe the second A, which is "anonymity."

Many remain sober continuously (oldest Beatle Ringo Starr and his beautiful wife Barbara Bach, Anthony Hopkins, Paul Williams, Eric Clapton, Robert Downey Jr. to name a few) and some have relapses (Stephen Tyler, Mel Gibson, Nick Nolte etc.). And some never really get it together as far as the "recovery" thing goes (Whitney Houston, Amy Whitehouse).

Do they do transplants for liver cancer?  I know they do for cirrhosis, but I didn't know they did for cancer.

Offline truth_seeker

Do they do transplants for liver cancer?  I know they do for cirrhosis, but I didn't know they did for cancer.
I believe they do. My BIL had a liver condition which was very slow and long. But it was called "cancer," I am pretty sure.

But I am curious, and will keep watching for information.

Offline truth_seeker