Author Topic: PBS: Ted Cruz and His Father Are ‘Satanic’  (Read 506 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

PBS: Ted Cruz and His Father Are ‘Satanic’
« on: January 10, 2016, 07:33:24 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/429517/pbs-ted-cruz-and-his-father-are-satanic

New York Times columnist David Brooks said Sen. Ted Cruz’s “dark and satanic tones” are now being copied elsewhere in the Republican primary. Appearing on PBS’s Newshour this weekend, Brooks said, “Cruz is somehow beginning to get some momentum from Iowa and elsewhere. And so people are either mimicking him, which Rubio is doing a little by adopting some of the dark and satanic tones that Cruz has, and so –”

At which point host Betsy Woodruff quickly interjected, “What did you just say?”

“If you watch a Cruz speech, it’s like, we have got this enemy, we have got that enemy, we’re going to stomp on this person, we’re going to crush that person, we’re going to destroy that person,” Brooks explained. “It is an ugly world in Ted Cruz’s world, and it’s combative, and it’s angry, and it’s apocalyptic.”

Co-panelist David Corn, Washington bureau chief of Mother Jones magazine, picked up on the diabolical theme: “If you go to a speech from his dad, who is a pastor, evangelical, Rafael Cruz, it actually is satanic. He — I watched a speech in which he said Satan was behind the Supreme Court decision to legalize gay marriage.”

Here’s the full exchange:
    WOODRUFF: Well, I want to ask you about — there is more to talk about, about the Democrats. But on the Republican side, you’re seeing — yes, you saw this Clinton-Sanders back and forth, but, on the Republican side, among — David Brooks, among the so-called establishment Republicans, they’re taking more potshots at one another. You’re hearing a lot of back and forth between Rubio and Cruz, between Rubio and Christie. So, what’s going on over there, or is anybody making any headway among that group?
    BROOKS: Yes, Ted Cruz is making headway. There’s — you begin to see little signs of liftoff. Trump has sort of ceiling-ed out. Carson is collapsing. And Cruz is somehow beginning to get some momentum from Iowa and elsewhere. And so people are either mimicking him, which Rubio is doing a little by adopting some of the dark and satanic tones that Cruz has, and so…
    WOODRUFF: What did you — let me just ask, what did you just say? (Laughter)
    BROOKS: Well, if you go to a Cruz — if you watch a Cruz speech, it’s like, we have got this enemy, we have got that enemy, we’re going to stomp on this person, we’re going to crush that person, we’re going to destroy that person. It is an ugly world in Ted Cruz’s world. And it’s combative. And it’s angry, and it’s apocalyptic.”
    CORN: “Well, actually, if you go to a speech from his dad, who is a pastor, evangelical, Rafael Cruz, it actually is satanic. (Laughter) He — I watched a speech in which he said Satan was behind the Supreme Court decision to legalize gay marriage. So, it’s not…
    BROOKS: OK. Well, I withdraw the satanic from Ted Cruz.
    CORN: You’re thinking that it’s political, but, sometimes, it’s literal.
    BROOKS: Mephistophelian, maybe. (Laughter)  But it’s dark and combative, and, frankly, harsh. It’s a harsh — he gets some jokes in the beginning, but then it’s just, we have enemies. We’re in an apocalyptic situation. We’re on the edge of the abyss. You need a tough guy to beat that back. And that’s his personality. That’s not Marco Rubio’s personality. He’s a sunny — he’s been running the youthful optimism campaign, but he’s beginning, to prevent Cruz from getting liftoff, to mimic sort of that, get a piece of that. I personally think it’s a mistake, because inauthentic — inauthenticity almost never works. And so, if Cruz starts to go like — I mean, if Rubio starts to go like Cruz, he just doesn’t look like himself, and that bothers people.

Liberals say Trump is a joke and Cruz is satanic...who do you think they fear?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: PBS: Ted Cruz and His Father Are ‘Satanic’
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 07:52:48 pm »
Psst - the "Ridiculous News of the Day" thread is at the top of national news and current events ...  :tongue2:

Retarded. Totally, completely, irretrievably retarded.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:53:09 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 08:24:35 pm »
Psst - the "Ridiculous News of the Day" thread is at the top of national news and current events ...  :tongue2:

How could this possibly compete with a bionic penis?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 08:28:27 pm »
Well, the author people saying this are total ....
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:29:23 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 09:26:47 pm »
Liberals, projecting again.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 06:02:22 am »
Liberals are beyond hypocritical these days, crying about Separation of Church and State every time an evangelical opens their mouth, yet every day they sound more and more like a cult. They barely try to hide it anymore.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 12:33:53 pm »
So Cruz is satanic and Rubio is "sunny."  Good grief. These people are idiots.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 02:11:09 pm »
If Cruz and his father are 'Satanic', what does that make Obama and his father?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 02:20:24 pm »
How could this possibly compete with a bionic penis?

Good one.. :silly: