Author Topic: Gary Condit accused of lying during trial for man convicted of murdering his former lover Chandra Levy  (Read 839 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3391018/Lawyer-Ex-congressman-misled-jury-Chandra-Levy-case.html

Ingmar Guandique's attorney Eugene Ohm said on Friday that Condit misled jury when he testified during Guandique's trial
    Ohm said notes of interview authorities did with the former California Congressman show he misled jury when he testified in 2010
    Condit, a Democrat, served in Congress from 1989 to 2003 and was romantically linked to Levy
    He testified he had nothing to do with Levy's disappearance and evaded questions on whether he had intimate relationship with her
    Guandique is convicted of killing Levy, who went missing before her remains were found in 2002

rangerrebew

888ohnoes A politician lied?

Online mountaineer

Yes, a real shocker right there. Condit didn't tell the truth the whole time. I do wonder if he gets on his knees every day and thanks God that the 9/11 attacks took his name off the front page.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

Yes, a real shocker right there. Condit didn't tell the truth the whole time. I do wonder if he gets on his knees every day and thanks God that the 9/11 attacks took his name off the front page.  **nononono*

My memory is fading on this.  Do you think he had something to do with her murder?

Online mountaineer

The most curious thing about the case was why she left her apartment without her phone, etc., and went to the park - and why she earlier googled a map of the park. Whether Condit had something to do with it, I have no idea, but it does look like someone contacted her and said they wanted to meet in the park before she headed back home - maybe for old times' sake or to say goodbye?

Offline flowers

My memory is fading on this.  Do you think he had something to do with her murder?
One of the things that bothered me about this one was the Dems attacked him as well to being the killer. I thought that was strange seeing he was a Dem as well. Then found out he voted with the GOPe most the time. That answered my question. All things looked as though he killed her. Many, very many strange things but not any real proof.

Offline GourmetDan

Her mistake was that she didn't have a blue dress safely hidden away should anything happen to her...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The most curious thing about the case was why she left her apartment without her phone, etc., and went to the park - and why she earlier googled a map of the park. Whether Condit had something to do with it, I have no idea, but it does look like someone contacted her and said they wanted to meet in the park before she headed back home - maybe for old times' sake or to say goodbye?

Or to have a hired hand to "get rid of her" because she was starting to cause problems for him?  It still doesn't make sense she would leave her house without her phone.  Unless whoever knew where she was took her phone and put it back in her home to hinder the discovery of her body.

Just a theory, I have a vivid imagination.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I may be the only person on this board who has met Gary Condit.  I worked on his State Assembly campaign in the early 1980s when he was first starting out in politics.  He had an eccentric and dark personality that struck most of the staff people as creepy, but when you work with politicians you find that to be the norm.  There are very few authentically decent people in politics.

Anyway, to me this looks like a defense attorney smokescreen.  She left her cell phone because she went jogging and did not want to be weighed down.  She googled the location because she wanted to see a trail map. 

The guy who killed her killed others in the same vicinity using the same MO.  Condit was guilty of philandering and being creepy, but probably no more.

Online mountaineer

That's as plausible as the theories that condemn Condit. Remember when all the internet chatter was about whether Mrs. Condit had thumbs?  **nononono*
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:23:06 pm by mountaineer »

Offline flowers

That's as plausible as the theories that condemn Condit. Remember when all the internet chatter was about Mrs. Condit had thumbs?  **nononono*

Mrs. Condit had thumbs?
No I don't.

Online mountaineer

Sorry, I meant "whether" she had thumbs (typing on tablet, apparently without thumbs). There was a rumor going around that she didn't have thumbs, that what you could see in photos were really her big toes transplanted to her hands, and all sorts of nonsense like that. Thanks, Al Gore, for inventing the internet!  :laugh:

Offline flowers

Sorry, I meant "whether" she had thumbs (typing on tablet, apparently without thumbs). There was a rumor going around that she didn't have thumbs, that what you could see in photos were really her big toes transplanted to her hands, and all sorts of nonsense like that. Thanks, Al Gore, for inventing the internet!  :laugh:
:chien: