Author Topic: University of Missouri Faculty Backs 'Muscle' Professor Click  (Read 579 times)

Offline Paladin

University of Missouri Faculty Backs 'Muscle' Professor Click
« on: January 10, 2016, 07:05:25 am »
I recognize this does not represent the entire Mizzou faculty, but I am reaching a level of utter despair when it comes to America's universities.

"Calling University of Missouri communications professor Melissa Click's demand for "muscle" to remove a reporter from a demonstration last year a "regrettable mistake," several dozen members of the faculty wrote a letter in support of Click that was sent to university administrators.

Apparently, many liberal professors on campus approve of mafia tactics in dealing with the press.

Weekly Standard:

'On Tuesday, a group of 116 Mizzou faculty members responded by publicly releasing a letter they had previously sent to school administrators standing in full support of Click. You can read the full texthere. It's quite amazing:

We wish to state in no uncertain terms our support for Click as a member of the University of Missouri faculty who has earned her position through an outstanding record of teaching and research. We believe that her actions on November 9 constitute at most a regrettable mistake, one that came, moreover, at the end of several weeks during which Click served alongside other faculty and staff as an ally to students who were protesting what they saw as their exclusion from and isolation at the University.'

The professors go on to explain that the real victim in all of this has been . . . Melissa Click:

'We believe that Click has been wronged in the media by those who have attacked her personally and have called for her dismissal. We affirm our support of her as a colleague, a teacher, and a scholar, and we call upon the University to defend her first amendment rights of protest and her freedom to act as a private citizen.'

Note that last bit about freedom of speech and the First Amendment. When the left wants to build "safe spaces" and stamp out "hate speech," the First Amendment is an outmoded, retrograde element that needs to be bent into submission. Last fall, for instance, Brenda Smith-Lezama, the vice president of Mizzou's student body, went on MSNBC to defend Click by explaining that, "I personally am tired of hearing that First Amendment rights protect students when they are creating a hostile and unsafe learning environment for myself and for other students here."

When denying the First Amendment rights of the student journalist Click targeted for muscle didn't work, the faculty decided to try to wrap the First Amendment around Click herself.

Ain't it the truth."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/1/9/university-of-missouri-faculty-backs-muscle-professor-click

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: University of Missouri Faculty Backs 'Muscle' Professor Click
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 07:08:35 am »
They are going to stew in their own mediocrity...unfortunately they will fool many to spend a ridiculous sum to be exposed for years to their mediocrity.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: University of Missouri Faculty Backs 'Muscle' Professor Click
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 07:50:13 am »
They are going to stew in their own mediocrity...unfortunately they will fool many to spend a ridiculous sum to be exposed for years to their mediocrity.

I saw where their Fall 2016 enrollment numbers are way down.  They're cutting their own throats - and I couldn't be happier!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!