Author Topic: Trump and Sanders Have Lead In New Hampshire  (Read 568 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump and Sanders Have Lead In New Hampshire
« on: January 09, 2016, 02:09:11 pm »
Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders Hold Big Leads in New Hampshire Poll

Donald J. Trump trails Senator Ted Cruz in Iowa but has a commanding double-digit lead in New Hampshire with less than a month to go before voting begins in the first contests in the Republican presidential nominating fight, according to new Fox News surveys.

Mr. Cruz received 27 percent of support in Iowa, while Mr. Trump, who has sharpened his attacks on the senator from Texas in recent weeks, got 23 percent. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida is next, at 15 percent, followed by Ben Carson (9 percent); Jeb Bush (7 percent); Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky (5 percent); and Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey (4 percent).

In New Hampshire, however, Mr. Trump received 33 percent support from likely voters in the Republican primary, which is more than double the amount of his closest rival, Mr. Rubio, at 15 percent. Mr. Cruz got 12 percent. And despite a sense that Mr. Christie is on the rise in the state, he was at 5 percent in the Fox News poll, in sixth place. Both Mr. Bush and Gov. John Kasich of Ohio are ahead of him, with Mr. Bush at 9 percent and Mr. Kasich at 7 percent.

...Meanwhile, in the Democratic contest, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont has a 13-percentage point lead over Hillary Clinton, 50 percent to her 37 percent. Mr. Sanders’s lead has grown since a one-point lead in a similar poll in November. Martin O’Malley, the third candidate in the race, is at 3 percent.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/08/bernie-sanders-holds-strong-lead-in-new-hampshire-poll/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump and Sanders Have Lead In New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 02:19:11 pm »
Makes sense.  In New Hampshire Democrats are left and so are Republicans.

The two most liberal candidates on both sides are ahead.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 03:22:05 pm »

Yep. And the RNC refuses to strip their delegates for their unconstitutional unilateral interstate compact that allows them to jump ahead of any state's primary.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 04:21:33 pm »

The fact that Sanders is so far ahead in a state that Clinton was supposed to easily take I think should also wake up the GOP.  Sanders may very well become the nominee.  Certainly Jeb should be doing much better in New Hampshire.  I don't think we are going to see the Clinton v. Bush runoff.  I think we will more likely see Sanders v. Trump.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 04:29:08 pm »
The fact that Sanders is so far ahead in a state that Clinton was supposed to easily take I think should also wake up the GOP.  Sanders may very well become the nominee.  Certainly Jeb should be doing much better in New Hampshire.  I don't think we are going to see the Clinton v. Bush runoff.  I think we will more likely see Sanders v. Trump.

I hope it's Sanders vs. Cruz................   
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 09:23:22 pm »
Yep. And the RNC refuses to strip their delegates for their unconstitutional unilateral interstate compact that allows them to jump ahead of any state's primary.

Unconstitutional?

Really?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 09:28:40 pm »
Really.

Haven' seen a single mention of primaries ANYWHERE in the Constitution.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 12:53:07 am »
libertybele wrote above:
"The fact that Sanders is so far ahead in a state that Clinton was supposed to easily take I think should also wake up the GOP.  Sanders may very well become the nominee."

Speculation:
What if James Comey waits until the day after Sanders cleans o'er-the-Hillary's clock in New Hampshire, to go public with the F.B.I.'s recommendation that Hillary be charged for mishandling classified information ...?

Would be a hell of a tactical move on his part!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 02:51:04 am »
libertybele wrote above:
"The fact that Sanders is so far ahead in a state that Clinton was supposed to easily take I think should also wake up the GOP.  Sanders may very well become the nominee."

Speculation:
What if James Comey waits until the day after Sanders cleans o'er-the-Hillary's clock in New Hampshire, to go public with the F.B.I.'s recommendation that Hillary be charged for mishandling classified information ...?

Would be a hell of a tactical move on his part!

I do see a slight glimmer of hope that Comey will bring Hillary down, but I'm not holding my breath. What I find troubling is I think Sanders would be much worse than Hillary.  He reminds me of a mad scientist and this country is his experiment.