Author Topic: President Obama Vetoes Health Care Repeal Bill  (Read 499 times)

rangerrebew

President Obama Vetoes Health Care Repeal Bill
« on: January 09, 2016, 09:52:59 am »
President Obama Vetoes Health Care Repeal Bill

by NBC News

President Obama vetoed a bill Friday aimed at repealing his signature health care law.

"This legislation would not only repeal parts of the Affordable Care Act, but would reverse the significant progress we have made in improving health care in America," the president wrote members of the House in a letter.

"Republicans in the Congress have attempted to repeal or undermine the Affordable Care Act over 50 times. Rather than refighting old political battles by once again voting to repeal basic protections that provide security for the middle class, members of Congress should be working together to grow the economy, strengthen middle-class families, and create new jobs," the letter continued. "Because of the harm this bill would cause to the health and financial security of millions of Americans, it has earned my veto."

The president's veto comes after the House's recent passage this week almost entirely along party-lines, 240 to 181, to repeal the Affordable Care Act and defund Planned Parenthood. Just one Democrat voted for the bill and three Republicans voted against it.

The Senate passed the Restoring Americans' Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act in December. It was successful because Republicans used the process of budget reconciliation that prevented a filibuster by Senate Democrats.

Related: Congress Sends Obamacare Repeal to President for First Time

Since the law's passage, Republicans in Congress over the past few years have authored dozens of unsuccessful attempts to repeal all or part of the health care law. Repealing the president's landmark accomplishment continues to be a rallying cry for the GOP and House Speaker Paul Ryan has vowed to continue the effort.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/obama-vetoes-obamacare-repeal-bill-n492881
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 09:53:39 am by rangerrebew »

Offline libertybele

Re: President Obama Vetoes Health Care Repeal Bill
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 01:59:08 pm »
That was expected.  Good. He is on record as vetoing the repeal of HIS lousy bill that has not only been an economic burden to families, but has cost thousands their jobs. In addition he is now on record of approving the  murder of the unborn by refusing to defund Planned Parenthood.

I hope they keep getting him to use his mighty pen against the will of the people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 02:01:30 pm »
At least they got it to his desk this time. Ahem.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 04:27:53 pm »
I hope they keep getting him to use his mighty pen against the will of the people. 

That would be a very effective strategy to use against the whole of the Demonrat party.  I hope they're strong enough to do it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 04:29:55 pm »
That was expected.  Good. He is on record as vetoing the repeal of HIS lousy bill that has not only been an economic burden to families, but has cost thousands their jobs. In addition he is now on record of approving the  murder of the unborn by refusing to defund Planned Parenthood.

Agree 100%
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.