Author Topic: Priebus '100 percent' confident he can rally GOP behind Cruz or Trump  (Read 530 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Priebus '100 percent' confident he can rally GOP behind Cruz or Trump

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/reince-priebus-ted-cruz-trump-217489

By Eliza Collins      01/08/16 07:14 AM EST

The head of the Republican National Committee promises that the Republican nominee will have his party’s full support -no matter who it is.

Responding to a question from Fox News’ Sean Hannity Thursday night, Reince Priebus said he was confident he could pull his party together even if Texas Sen. Ted Cruz or real estate mogul Donald Trump win the nomination.

“One hundred percent. You know the unifying thing about what I have to do is no matter who you're for everyone can agree that we have to have a national party and infrastructure that has its act together ... everyone is gonna get behind whoever the winner is,” Priebus said. “Whoever the delegates of our party choose, that's going to be the nominee and our party is gonna be behind that person 110 percent to save this country.”

But Priebus’ confidence may not be shared by everyone in his party.

Earlier Thursday, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush declined multiple times to commit to voting for Trump if he was his party’s nominee.

Conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt pressed Bush four different ways to say if he would support Trump in the general election. Each time, Bush responded that he was sure Trump wouldn't win.

Finally, he said, "That’s not a yes, it’s not a no. I’m just telling you, I don’t think it matters. I have been a loyal Republican, and if past is prologue, then I’m confident I’ll be supporting the Republican nominee."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Priebus '100 percent' confident he can rally GOP behind Cruz or Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 04:12:57 am »
I feel this is significant, although it goes against the daily drumbeat of the GOPe won't support Trump or Cruz. Priebus says his official party apparatus will.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 06:17:44 am »
This is how it should be.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 02:04:18 pm »
Imagine ... a day when the GOPe will have to rally around Cruz! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 02:48:00 pm by Longiron »