Author Topic: Suspect in Pa. cop ambush said he acted 'in the name of Islam  (Read 4082 times)

Offline mrclose

Suspect in Pa. cop ambush said he acted 'in the name of Islam
« on: January 08, 2016, 06:31:49 pm »
The man caught in surveillance footage ambushing a Philadelphia officer in a squad car, shooting him multiple times with a stolen police gun, acted "in the name of Islam," police said at a news conference Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/08/philadelphia-police-officer-survives-ambush-suspect-arrested.html

Obama needs to do something about all these guns!

Jim Kenney, who is in his first week as mayor of the nation's fifth largest city, said, "There are just too many guns on the streets and I think our national government needs to do something about that."
^^^^^^^^^^
Look at this Idiots comment and then .. Look Here ...

In a press conference, Commissioner Ross said the gun used in the attack was a stolen police firearm.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/01/08/police-officer-shot-multiple-times-in-west-philly/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline flowers

Re: Suspect in Pa. cop ambush said he acted 'in the name of Islam
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 06:37:38 pm »
was a stolen police firearm.
What is up with that? That woman who was shot in the back in Cali was shot with a stolen firearm from a gov worker. I think one other event was with a stolen firearm too.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 06:43:07 pm »
I just watched the Philadelphia police news conference...and oh my Lord in Heaven...what a microcosm of the Orwellian world we live in!  The mayor and police commissioner literally physically tried to get police chief back away from the microphone when he talked about the shooter (who used a stolen police weapon) pledging loyalty to ISIS and shouting Allah Akbar as he shot the policeman.  The man was dressed in Islamic garb, for crying out loud.  The mayor and the police commissioner fell over themselves saying "this is not Islam" and doesn't reflect on Islam!  Angela Merkel is alive and well in America.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 07:21:23 pm »
  Angela Merkel is alive and well in America.
NWO is alive and well in America.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 07:32:24 pm »
Philly Cop Shooter Wore Muslim Clothes  (great picture)
January 8, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Surveillance images of a man shooting and seriously injuring a Philadelphia police officer in an ambush late Thursday night have been obtained by ABC News.

The black-and-white images show the suspect, 30-year-old Edward Archer of Yeadon, approaching the driver's side window of Officer Jesse Hartnett's cruiser around 11:40 p.m.

Dressed in what sources say is Muslim garb and wearing a mask, the suspect is seen pointing a gun at the officer's vehicle, while another shows what appears to be the muzzle flash as he fires. quite

Police have not commented on a possible motive for the shooting.

It's quite a mystery.

The radical Islamic gunman accused of shooting a Philadelphia cop used a stolen police gun in the attempted “execution” and pledged allegiance to the Islamic State as he confessed to the harrowing ambush, officials said.

The 30-year-old shooter fired 13 bullets at Officer Jesse Hartnett as the cop sat in his patrol car Thursday night, police said. The five-year force veteran suffered a broken arm and nerve damage during the attack, but was able to fire back at his assailant.

The unnamed suspect was taken into custody shortly after the attack and confessed to the ambush, police said at a Friday press conference.

“He stated that he pledges his allegiance to Islamic State. He praises Allah, and that was the reason he was called to do this,” an official said.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/261391/philly-cop-shooter-wore-muslim-clothes-daniel-greenfield
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:34:23 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 07:48:17 pm »
Somehow this is all Donald Trump's fault. /sarcasm
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 07:55:17 pm »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 07:57:33 pm »
Clearly this is yet another act of workplace violence committed by an evil gun. It makes me feel like crying.... 8888crybaby
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 07:59:23 pm »
I just watched the Philadelphia police news conference...and oh my Lord in Heaven...what a microcosm of the Orwellian world we live in!  The mayor and police commissioner literally physically tried to get police chief back away from the microphone when he talked about the shooter (who used a stolen police weapon) pledging loyalty to ISIS and shouting Allah Akbar as he shot the policeman.  The man was dressed in Islamic garb, for crying out loud.  The mayor and the police commissioner fell over themselves saying "this is not Islam" and doesn't reflect on Islam!  Angela Merkel is alive and well in America.

The Nevil Chamberlains of the 21st Century!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 08:00:59 pm »
What is it Mayor?  Wearing muz clothes, told the cops it was for the muz cause. Yell allah akabar.  Sanctuary city too.  Well mayor....what is it. Surely not what my eyes tell me it is. Sharia.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 08:19:41 pm »
The mayor's refusal to acknowledge the religion of the shooter is really stupid,  and it's not playing well for him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 08:25:22 pm »

Mustn't let the truth come out.  Must protect Islam even if you look like an imbecile doing it......   **nononono*

(And they think the American people haven't noticed??)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 09:30:24 pm »
Mustn't let the truth come out.  Must protect Islam even if you look like an imbecile doing it......   **nononono*

(And they think the American people haven't noticed??)

It was truly surreal.  Even the press, the reporters, were incredulous.  It is like these people are standing there bare naked telling everyone they are wearing Armani suits, and expecting to be believed.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 09:32:10 pm »
It was truly surreal.  Even the press, the reporters, were incredulous.  It is like these people are standing there bare naked telling everyone they are wearing Armani suits, and expecting to be believed.

I know exactly what you mean, Scott.  I watched it in awe at how ridiculous they have become.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 09:35:42 pm »
Liberalism.  Mental Disorder.  QED

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 10:15:29 pm »
Liberalism.  Mental Disorder.  QED

Hate to disagree, but a mental disorder requires a mind.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

rangerrebew

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 10:35:06 pm »
What is it Mayor?  Wearing muz clothes, told the cops it was for the muz cause. Yell allah akabar.  Sanctuary city too.  Well mayor....what is it. Surely not what my eyes tell me it is. Sharia.

According to our POTUS, muzzies aren't terrorists, they are people who don't understand the "religion of peace."  Obviously, then, this isn't a muzzie but a "confused" young man who only THINKS muzzies slaughter others. :3:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 11:12:57 pm »
Just watched the Mayor's passionate lie about Islam.  It was clear that it was personal to him.

I hope he pays (politically) for his moronic statements today.

Offline flowers

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 11:28:32 pm »
To think of the look on his face (all the enablers of this invasion) looks on their faces when sharia takes over their towns and they are the first on the list to find out exactly what sharia is all about. I am stunned they have no clue that sharia won't end well for them. They must think this is for lifelong voting base? Sharia will have none of that.

Offline flowers

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 11:38:31 pm »
Philadelphia shooter 'does not appear' to be observant Muslim: CAIR

http://news.yahoo.com/philadelphia-shooter-does-not-appear-observant-muslim-cair-205251507.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The man who shot a policeman in Philadelphia and claimed to have pledged allegiance to Islamic State militants does not appear to be a mosque-going Muslim, a senior official at the largest U.S. Muslim advocacy group said.

"At this hour, it does not appear that he was an observant or mosque-going Muslim” in the local community, said Jacob Bender, executive director of the Philadelphia Chapter of the Council on American–Islamic Relations.

“I’ve called numerous imams and mosques to try to see if the name rings a bell with anyone. So far it hasn’t,” he told Reuters in an interview.

bold type mine.......sometime i can only  :mauslaff:  OK then that does it for me. Sharia calls for telling the truth at all times.    :silly:

edit to add......found a pic of the Philly spokesperson for CAIR

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:43:14 pm by flowers »

rangerrebew

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 09:34:22 am »
Mayor echoes Hillary after Muslim shoots cop
'It does not represent the religion in any way, shape or form'
Published: 10 hours ago

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said a cop killer, who confessed to carrying out crime in the name of Islam, was wrong.

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney says he knows more about Islam than a would-be cop killer who confessed he was motivated by his faith.

Suspect, Edward Archer, 30, gave a written confession to Thursday’s attempted killing of 33-year-old police offer Jesse Hartnett. He fired 13 rounds from a gun that was stolen in 2013, striking Hartnett three times as he sat in his cruiser,  WND reported.

“Shots fired! I’m shot! I’m bleeding heavily!” Hartnett yelled over police radio.

Philadelphia police commissioner Richard Ross confirmed Archer’s assertion that he was inspired by Islam, KYVTV-3 reported Friday.

Like the reporting you see here? Sign up for free news alerts from WND.com, America’s independent news network.

“According to him, police bend laws that are contrary to the teachings of the Quran,” Ross said during a press conference Friday.

Philadelphia’s mayor spoke with rhetoric matching Democrat front-runner Hillary Clinton’s Nov. 19 speech at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York.

“In no way, shape or form does anyone in this room believe that Islam or the teaching of Islam has anything to do with what you’ve seen on this screen. That is abhorrent. It’s just terrible, and it does not represent the religion in any way, shape or form or any of its teachings,” Kenney told reporters.

Clinton’s comments (just days after the Nov. 13 Islamic terror attacks in Paris, France), carried the same message: Killings in the name of Islam are divorced from the religion.

In “Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance,” renowned activist Pamela Geller provides the answer, offering proven, practical guidance on how freedom lovers can stop jihadist initiatives in local communities.

“Let’s be clear: Islam is not our adversary. Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism,” Clinton said while discussing a strategy to combat the Islamic State group.

More than 350 people were injured and 129 killed by ISIS terrorists during its wave of attacks.

Archer was not the only Islamic radical taken into custody on Thursday. Two Iraq refugees were arrested in Houston and Sacramento by law enforcement officials on terror-related charges, WND reported.

Lone-wolf jihadis should come as no surprise. Read “Homegrown Jihad: The Terrorist Camps Around the U.S. (DVD)”.

Aws Mohammed Younis Al-Jayab, 23, is charged with making a false statement involving international terrorism. He has lived in the the U.S. since October 2012.

Omar Faraj Saeed Al Hardan, 24, is charged with attempting to provide material support to ISIS. The Houston resident has lived in the U.S. since 2009.

“I commend the law enforcement for apprehending these two individuals, but their apprehensions raise the immediate question: Who else is there? What are they planning next?” Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said Friday in response to the arrests, CNN reported.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/mayor-echoes-hillary-after-muslim-shoots-cop/#JES0POqApo00dc1Y.99

rangerrebew

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 09:34:58 am »
DUMBASS

rangerrebew

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 12:39:32 pm »
Philly cop shooter jihadi’s brother: he’s not mentally ill, made pilgrimage to Mecca

January 9, 2016 3:45 am By Robert Spencer

The Philadelphia jihad gunman’s brother explodes the claim that was circulating yesterday, that the shooter was mentally ill. The shooter himself said: “I follow Allah. I pledge my allegiance to the Islamic State. That is why I did what I did.”

Philadelphia Muslim shoots cop

“Accused Gunman in Ambush of Officer Admits to Acting in the Name of Islam,” WTXF, January 8, 2016:

PHILADELPHIA (WTXF) Police say the suspect in the shooting of a Philadelphia police officer told investigators that he shot the officer in the name of Islam and pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group.

The accused gunman, identified as 30-year-old Edward Archer, ambushed Officer Jesse Hartnett as he sat in his marked cruiser at an intersection, according to police. Hartnett was struck him three times in the arm before managing to return fire, wounding Archer, who was later apprehended.

Authorities say Archer, who has addresses in Philadelphia and the suburb of Yeadon, used a stolen police gun in the crime.

Ross said Friday the gun was reported stolen from an officer’s home in October 2013 but they don’t know how many hands it passed through before being used in the Thursday night shooting.

Commissioner Ross admitted Friday while reviewing photos from the incident that he was “amazed Officer Hartnett is here with us today.”

While in custody, detectives say the man pledged his allegiance to the Islamic State, and admitted to acting in the name of Islam.

“We had the suspect upstairs, where homicide unit talked to him. Right away, he didn’t have anything to say. But then, he stated that he pledges his allegiance to Islamic State, he follows Allah and that is the reason he was called upon to do this,” said Captain James Clark, He just kept on echoing those sentiments, and he wouldn’t give us anything more than that.”

“According to him he believed that police defend laws that are contrary to the teachings of the Koran,” Commissioner Ross said Friday.

At Archer’s Lansdowne family home his brother tells FOX 29 the alleged gunman was not mentally ill and insist his brother was not connected to ISIS. Shane Archer says Edward did travel to Mecca but he believes the alleged shooting was more closely related to what he calls a mistreatment of black men than a religious statement.

Investigators believe Archer traveled to Saudi Arabia in 2011 and to Egypt in 2012, FBI special agent Eric Ruona said, and the purpose of that travel was being investigated by the FBI. But police said there was no indication anyone else was involved in the officer’s ambush

Mayor Jim Kenney said the attack wasn’t about Islam.

“In no way shape or form does anyone in this room believe that Islam or the teaching of Islam has anything to do with what we’ve just seen on that screen,” the mayor said. “This is a criminal, with a stolen gun, trying to kill one of our officers.”…

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/01/philly-cop-shooter-jihadis-brother-hes-not-mentally-ill-made-pilgrimage-to-mecca
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:40:23 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 12:41:17 pm »
This really cements the position of the Philly mayor that the shooting had  nothing to do with islam. :thud:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 03:48:35 pm »
Cops: Suspect Says He Shot Officer In Name Of Islam

Police are calling it an “attempted assassination.”

Commissioner Ross says the suspect has given a full confession, saying he did it in the name of Islam.

“According to him, police bend laws that are contrary to the teachings of the Quran.”

Sources say the suspect’s full confession of the alleged attack was written down and recorded on video.

Police identify the suspect as 30-year-old Edward Archer, of Yeadon.

“When you look at the video, this is one of the scariest things I’ve ever seen,” Commissioner Ross said. “This guy tried to execute the police officer. The police officer had no idea he was coming. It’s amazing he’s alive.”

“We’re thankful to God he’s here today because it easily could’ve been a police funeral.”

Hartnett was taken to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center where he underwent surgery for a broken arm. Ross says the officer’s arm suffered significant damage and that he has a long road to recovery.  As of Friday night, he was listed in stable condition and police officials say he will need several surgeries to repair his arm.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/01/08/police-officer-shot-multiple-times-in-west-philly/