Author Topic: Cruz Takes it to Trump- Calls Him Out For Amnesty Support  (Read 300 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Cruz Takes it to Trump- Calls Him Out For Amnesty Support
« on: January 08, 2016, 03:31:42 am »
Ted Cruz: Unlike Donald Trump, I won’t let deported illegals back in to become citizens

Via BuzzFeed, I wonder if Cruz knew he was being recorded here or if he didn’t and went further in criticizing He Who Must Not Be Shamed than he otherwise might have. He strikes me as the sort of pol who operates on the assumption that he’s being taped even when he’s in the bathroom, which, if so, means this was a deliberate salvo at Trump — probably in reply to Trump falsely claiming this weekend that Cruz didn’t support a border wall until Trump started pushing the idea. At long last, the amnesty war between the two populists has begun. Is it mutually assured destruction?

If the audio’s not clear, BuzzFeed has a transcript. The key bit is where Cruz says of Trump, “look, there’s a difference. He’s advocated allowing folks to come back in and become citizens. I oppose that.” Trump has indeed said he’d let the “good” illegals come back in after they’ve been deported; lots of border hawks, me included, have flagged that as evidence that Trump’s not as opposed to forms of amnesty as he seems.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/01/05/ted-cruz-unlike-donald-trump-i-wont-let-deported-illegals-back-in-to-become-citizens/