Author Topic: Obama won't support any Dem candidates who don't back gun reform  (Read 458 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/265171-obama-i-wont-campaign-for-any-dem-that-doesnt-back-gun-reforms

By Jesse Byrnes - 01/07/16 07:43 PM EST

President Obama said Thursday evening that he will not campaign for any candidate that doesn't back up his efforts on gun control, a major focus of his last year in office.

"I will not campaign for, vote for or support any candidate, even in my own party, who does not support common-sense gun reform," Obama wrote in a New York Times op-ed.

Obama's remarks came shortly before a town hall Thursday evening on CNN where he'll discuss his executive actions on guns unveiled earlier this week.

Those measures would expand background checks for some gun sales, tighten enforcement of existing laws and take steps to curb gun violence.

Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential front-runner earlier this week praised Obama's gun action. Clinton has also argued that her Dem primary rival Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) isn't tough enough on guns.

Clinton seized on the issue toward the end of last year in the wake of a series of high-profile mass shootings,

Gun violence is expected to be a focus of Obama's last State of the Union next week.

Obama's message to candidates comes just weeks before ballots are cast in the early voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire, where Clinton and Sanders are battling.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Obama won't support any Dem candidates who don't back gun reform
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 01:35:54 am »
No sane rat wanted to be tainted by Obama's stench in 2010, 2012, or 2014.  Some of them will oppose Obama's gun grab just to make sure he doesn't accidentally wander into their district.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 01:44:27 am »
The old 'common sense' gun reform. One man's common sense is another man's lunacy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 04:14:04 pm »
Wow, talk about a conflict of interests.   :laugh:

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 05:49:00 pm »
No sane rat wanted to be tainted by Obama's stench in 2010, 2012, or 2014.  Some of them will oppose Obama's gun grab just to make sure he doesn't accidentally wander into their district.
:laugh: