Author Topic: Melania Trump explains her absence from Donald Trump's presidential campaign  (Read 431 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The press ops of almost every presidential campaign have one familiar element: wives of candidates appearing next to their husbands throughout the inevitable highs and lows experienced during the race for the White House.

Michelle Obama is a prime example, standing next to Barack Obama throughout both of his successful bids for office and appearing in a number of solo engagements. An influential and popular figure, she made and continues to make a number of public appearances without her husband, giving talks and lectures across the world and spearheading campaigns as First Lady of the United States.

But Donald Trump has cut a singular figure throughout his own campaign, even during its most controversial moments. His wife Melania Trump has made just a few public appearances, most notably during a sit-down interview with Barbara Walters in November.

Ms Trump told Harper’s Bazaar her own reasons for not being a constant fixture throughout his campaign are simple: she is her own person, not an extension of her husband.

“Because of who my husband is, and our life, and also he is number one in the polls - well, you take that all together, and people are very curious about me,” she explained.

“I'm choosing not to go political in public because that is my husband's job. I'm very political in private life, and between me and my husband I know everything that is going on. I follow from A to Z.

“But I chose not to be on the campaign. I made that choice. I have my own mind. I am my own person, and I think my husband likes that about me.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-s-wife-melania-trump-explains-her-absence-from-his-presidential-campaign-i-am-my-own-a6800396.html

Would that more politicians didn't feel the urge to force their families into the spotlight!

Though I have to admit, not many of this cycle's candidates are doing that. Refreshing, really.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

Imagine that.

The left--and GOP establishment-types--hate Donald Trump because he is so obviously a sexist--maybe even a misogynist!

Yet, Trump's history is one of hiring talented women for top spots in his corporation, marrying an empowered, independent woman, and bringing in a campaign communications director that happens to be black and female.

The dirty rotten sexist scoundrel.