Author Topic: Jennifer Lawrence, Who Grew Up in a ‘Jesus Home,’ Praises Planned Parenthood in New Glamour Interview  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Paladin

"In a recent in-depth interview with Glamour magazine, Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence, star of the “Hunger Games” movie franchise and the newly released film “Joy,” answered questions from Editor in Chief Cindi Leive on everything from her success to her recent collaboration with comedian Amy Schumer to her tripping problem to her widely popular essay on equal pay in Hollywood.

Lawrence, who is often admired for her candid humor and disdain for political correctness, even ventured into sharing her thoughts on Planned Parenthood.

When describing actress and comedian Amy Schumer, with whom she recently drafted a movie script, Lawrence recounted how upset Schumer was when she heard about the Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado, calling her “the most empathetic person I’ve ever met in my life.”

“It isn’t an attack on abortions; it’s an attack on women,” Lawrence said of the November tragedy. “Because Planned Parenthood is so much more [than abortion].”

Discussing her upbringing, Lawrence, who grew up in a Christian home, said that she would not have been able to get birth control if it weren’t for Planned Parenthood. Now 25, the actress described her mother as “really religious” when she was young but not so much now that her daughter is all grown up.

“I wouldn’t have been able to get condoms and birth control and all these things I needed as a normal teenager who was growing up in a Jesus house,” she explained.

“But seriously,” she added. “What harm comes from supplying people with birth control, condoms, Pap smears and cancer screenings?”

Leive asked Lawrence if she had gone to Planned Parenthood for the things she mentioned. Lawrence said that she had and that “now I am a successful woman who has not had a pregnancy.”

“I keep going back and forth on being opinionated,” Lawrence said. “I completely agree when there are actors who say, ‘Actors should stay out of politics. We’re not politicians.’”

She admitted that “it’s not smart, businesswise, to be opinionated,” but, she mused, “what’s the point in having a voice at all if I’m not going to use it for what I truly believe in?”"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/01/05/jennifer-lawrence-who-grew-up-in-a-jesus-home-praises-planned-parenthood-in-new-glamour-interview/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline mountaineer

I'm sorry to say my niece - a good Christian teen - is enamored of this actress just because of the Hunger Games movies. I just hope she isn't influenced by this woman's stupidity and lousy morals.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It's not just Hollywood. I have a lot of women in my social circle who refuse to believe that Planned Parenthood's main reason for existence is abortions. "But they provide women's health services!" Yeah, so do hospitals and clinics that don't build their reputation around abortion, and you know what? Hamas provides education programs for kids in Palestine but that doesn't make them any less of a terrorist organization. It's called putting up a front, and it appears PP has mastered it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

It's not just Hollywood. I have a lot of women in my social circle who refuse to believe that Planned Parenthood's main reason for existence is abortions. "But they provide women's health services!" Yeah, so do hospitals and clinics that don't build their reputation around abortion, and you know what? Hamas provides education programs for kids in Palestine but that doesn't make them any less of a terrorist organization. It's called putting up a front, and it appears PP has mastered it.
Same here, some I talk with refuse to believe it.

rangerrebew

I have no idea if what I'm about to conjecture is true or not but one reason she may "support" Planned Parenthood is that to do anything else in Hollyweird would be professional suicide.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
She did sort of admit that in the interview - "It's not smart, businesswise, to be opinionated"

And look at what she has praised PP for: Contraception and screenings.

Not abortion.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Paladin

And look at what she has praised PP for: Contraception and screenings.

Not abortion.

Nor did she condemn it.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Offline Paladin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You stated that she did not condemn abortion.

So? Should she?

No, she shouldn't, just because. You get to risk your life, your fortune and your sacred honor for your beliefs. Anyone else's is theirs to risk, not yours to command. Thats Leftist shit.

Offline GourmetDan

You get to risk your life, your fortune and your sacred honor for your beliefs. Anyone else's is theirs to risk, not yours to command. Thats Leftist shit.

What's Leftist shit is defining someone else as 'not alive' for the Leftist's convenience...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

I'm sorry to say my niece - a good Christian teen - is enamored of this actress just because of the Hunger Games movies. I just hope she isn't influenced by this woman's stupidity and lousy morals.

It's possible to admire an actor's work without admiring everything the actor stands for.

Let's hope parents are out there in droves saying, yes, she's good in Hunger Games (she IS), but she's off the mark in much of what she's saying.

Supporting PP in any way, shape, or form is UNChristian.

And to those who've said it above, MANY people refuse to believe what a demonic organization PP really is.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Paladin

You stated that she did not condemn abortion.

So? Should she?

No, she shouldn't, just because. You get to risk your life, your fortune and your sacred honor for your beliefs. Anyone else's is theirs to risk, not yours to command. Thats Leftist shit.

Seriously, EC? Noting her praise for PP without noting its dark side doesn't imply tacit approval? That is "Leftist shit"? If you say so.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sorry about the tone - been an interesting 24 hours over here.

I look at it this way:

She's a reasonably pretty, fairly competent actress in a sea of pretty actresses. It'd take all of about 3 minutes to replace her, right? She knows this, hence the comment on having opinions.

One of the biggest problems her particular audience faces is teen pregnancy and STDs. If she can use her voice and clout to get them to take responsibility for wrapping up before sex and for using contraception, both of which she did, I'm all in favor and not terribly concerned she doesn't condemn abortion. Not mentioning it goes far enough, in my book at least.

:shrug: