Author Topic: This crowd shot from Donald Trump’s Massachusetts rally is absolutely mind-boggling  (Read 1684 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/01/05/this-crowd-shot-from-a-donald-trump-rally-is-absolutely-eye-popping/

By Chris Cillizza January 5 at 8:25 AM

Donald Trump went to Lowell, Mass. — a town about five miles south of the New Hampshire border — for one of his now trademark big-arena rallies on Monday night. This is what the crowd looked like per WaPo's Jenna Johnson.

Jenna Johnson

@wpjenna

Thousands and thousands packed into arena in Lowell, MA, for Donald Trump's rally.
6:35 PM - 4 Jan 2016

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

For an 'outsider' in Teddy Kennedy country I find this quite refreshing and amazing ... I'm just hoping that the Donald is truly on our side.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
For an 'outsider' in Teddy Kennedy country I find this quite refreshing and amazing ... I'm just hoping that the Donald is truly on our side.

We had as much reason, maybe more, to wonder if Romney or McCain was on "our" side...still do actually.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The guy is a natural at politics, I have to give him that.  The resr ofvthe GOP candidates are mere deer stuck in the headlights in comparison to this guy.

Offline katzenjammer

It's only "mind-boggling" to those that haven't been paying attention, or haven't been to a Trump Rally.

He has been doing this all around the country for months now, he had 15,000 in the arena in Mississippi on 1/2/16 with another 5,000 in the overflow crowd for the simulcast in the convention center next door.  Same thing at the rally in Sarasota that we attended on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, building at max capacity with a few thousand overflow waiting for him outside to speak after he was done inside.

People started lining up at 10AM yesterday in the sub-freezing temps for a 7PM rally.  Saw a poll on TV this morning that showed that Trump far and away leads with supporter commitment (84% combining "Definitely Supporting" and "High Probability of Supporting").

It all sort of puts some perspective on the isolated voices stamping their rhetorical feet and saying they will never vote for him!   :silly:

Offline katzenjammer

We had as much reason, maybe more, to wonder if Romney or McCain was on "our" side...still do actually.

I'd go with "more" without any hesitancy whatsoever!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Someone posted these shots of Romney crowds in 2012 on TOS.  Quite instructive:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3379837/posts?page=9#9

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Methinks those Romney shots were not of rallies in early January 2012...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I don't know.   I think the point was that crowd shots may or may not be a good indicator of future success.

Offline katzenjammer

Especially the "Romney-Ryan" ones!  lol

Huge difference between crowds like that a few weeks before the General Election versus ones taking place 6-1 months before the Primary voting!

Offline aligncare

Especially the "Romney-Ryan" ones!  lol

Huge difference between crowds like that a few weeks before the General Election versus ones taking place 6-1 months before the Primary voting!

Agree. A picture is worth 1000 words – even if those words are misleading.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Lowell, MA is not exactly Ted Kennedy country - that would be a little closer to Boston. Lowell is and has been a very blue collar area (about 30 miles from where I live in NH) - many old working class families going back five or six generations settled in the area and unlike others, stuck around. They still tend to be registered Democrats, but they are very independent in their voting patterns - old Reagan-Democrat style. Paul Tsongas was the congressman from that district, and he was definitely a different kind of Democrat - the kind that has no home in today's Two-Left-Wing Democrat Party.

Very smart of Trump's people to plan the rally there - it shows that they understand the regional electorate.   

« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 05:30:33 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn