Author Topic: Reid: Rubio a 'hypocrite' over immigration  (Read 205 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reid: Rubio a 'hypocrite' over immigration
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:25:21 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264683-reid-rubio-a-hypocrite-over-immigration

January 04, 2016, 03:05 pm
Reid: Rubio a 'hypocrite' over immigration

By Ben Kamisar

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) panned Marco Rubio has a "hypocrite" for flipping his stance on immigration.
"Marco Rubio, who was one of the four Republicans to come up with a comprehensive immigration bill, how could this man suddenly turn against what he was responsible for doing?" he said Monday during an event sponsored by the Nevada Democratic Party.

"It's as if he just went to a different sphere of the world."

Noting that the Florida Republican is now calling on deporting children who had been brought to America by their parents, referred to as Dreamers for the bill that would grant them legal status, Reid went further.

"It's not just Trump who is so anti-immigrant, Rubio leads the charge, if I'm concerned, because he is such a hypocrite," Reid said, before arguing that there's no reason why any minority American should vote for the Republican Party in the 2016 presidential election.

Rubio has repeatedly been dogged by his support of the "Gang of Eight" immigration compromise that passed the Senate in 2013. It languished in the House due to a lack of GOP support; he later stepped back from it by arguing that America needs to secure its border before moving forward with changes to immigration policy.

Presidential rival and Senate colleague Ted Cruz of Texas has brought up the issue repeatedly as he seeks to showcase Rubio as too moderate.

But Rubio and others have hit back, arguing that Cruz supported the bill as long as it included his amendments. 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Reid: Rubio a 'hypocrite' over immigration
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:07:45 pm »
Reid = low life scum bag.  Zero credibility.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.