Author Topic: Texas governor challenges Obama to 'come and take' the Lone Star state's guns as the president prepares to take executive action  (Read 1186 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3382526/Texas-governor-challenges-Obama-come-Lone-Star-state-s-guns-president-prepares-executive-action.html#ixzz3wAGmBvZX

Texas governor challenges Obama to 'come and take' the Lone Star state's guns as the president prepares to take executive action

President Barack Obama said on Friday that he is looking for ways to control guns without depending on Congress to pass a law
    He said he'll meet his attorney general, Loretta Lynch, on Monday to see what executive actions might be possible
    After Obama's radio announcement was released, Republican Texas Gov Greg Abbott mocked the latest gun control push
    'Obama wants to impose more gun control. My response? COME & TAKE IT,' he said in a tweet
    At a rally in Biloxi, Mississippi, tonight Trump also pledged to reverse any action Obama takes on gun control if he is elected President
    See more of the latest news on Barack Obama's gun control plans

By Kelly Mclaughlin For Dailymail.com and Associated Press

Published: 00:06 EST, 3 January 2016 | Updated: 07:13 EST, 3 January 2016

Texas Gov Greg Abbott criticized President Barack Obama's plan to move ahead with possible executive actions on guns in a tweet in which he told the Commander-in-Chief to 'come & take' the state's guns.

Obama said in his weekly radio address that he is looking for ways to keep guns out of the hands of 'a dangerous few' without depending on Congress to pass a law on the fraught subject of gun control.

He plans to meet his attorney general, Loretta Lynch, on Monday to see what executive actions might be possible. Steps to strengthen background checks could come this week.

At a rally in Biloxi, Mississippi, tonight Donald Trump also pledged to undo any action Obama takes on gun control if he wins the next election.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3382526/Texas-governor-challenges-Obama-come-Lone-Star-state-s-guns-president-prepares-executive-action.html#ixzz3wC8AUGAU

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This guy Abbott seems to be makin' the governor that preceded him downright wimpy!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This guy Abbott seems to be makin' the governor that preceded him downright wimpy!

I think it's more showin' than makin'.

Offline Paladin

"'Obama wants to impose more gun control. My response? COME & TAKE IT,' he said in a tweet."

Governor Abbott is echoing a challenge issued by the Texicans at Gonzales in 1835. Mexican authorities had provided a cannon to the residents as a way to defend themselves from Indian attacks. When relationships between the Mexicans and the settlers began to deteriorate the Mexicans demanded the cannon be returned. The Texicans responded with the famous declaration, "Come and Take It".

The battle between the settlers and Mexicans wasn't much of a battle, but it marked the first armed resistance, prior even to the Alamo, in what became the Texas War of Independence.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Gun control executive order, from a guy who deliberately supplied Mexican drug cartels with illegal guns. Obama is a gun runner, and now he wants to ban guns?

We always said that eventually the government would 'force' all citizens into being a criminal of one kind or another. That way anyone can be arrested at any time for anything. That is what we are seeing now.

How much do you want to bet that Congress does nothing about it? They are just as much behind this as Obama is, they are just letting him lead the charge. They are all in it together.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

Gun control executive order, from a guy who deliberately supplied Mexican drug cartels with illegal guns. Obama is a gun runner, and now he wants to ban guns?

We always said that eventually the government would 'force' all citizens into being a criminal of one kind or another. That way anyone can be arrested at any time for anything. That is what we are seeing now.

How much do you want to bet that Congress does nothing about it? They are just as much behind this as Obama is, they are just letting him lead the charge. They are all in it together.
Yes they are all in it together.