Author Topic: Donald Trump Endorsements: John Wayne's Daughter Pens Letter In Support Of Republican Front-Runner  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Paladin

"Donald Trump may have recently been snubbed this week by the publisher of the largest newspaper in New Hampshire, but the Republican presidential front-runner is still managing to amass endorsements from a host of both likely and unlikely supporters. Case in point: As proof of the latter, John Wayne’s daughter recently expressed her allegiance to Trump, who she said “has finally given the people of America a voice.”

An undated  letter apparently penned by Aissa Wayne was posted to Trump’s Facebook page Wednesday afternoon and included a pledge of support for the White House hopeful after he visited the Iowa town where the legendary silver screen star was born. Trump was on the campaign trail this past summer in the state that is hosting the first primary in the presidential nominating process when he took time out to stop by the town of Winterset, where John Wayne was born May 26, 1907.

My dad, I am sure, would be very proud of Mr. Trump and the goal to Make America Great again! I want to thank Mr. Trump for the tireless work he is doing for this country,” Aissa Wayne wrote in part. “The average American citizen is mad as hell that our country is being sold down the river. Mr. Trump has finally given the people of America a voice for which I am so grateful.”

http://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trump-endorsements-john-waynes-daughter-pens-letter-support-republican-front-2245045
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Michael Reagan: My Father Would Be Appalled at Trump
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/michael-reagan-ronald-reagan-gop/2015/09/10/id/684232/

http://www.inquisitr.com/2427861/ronald-reagans-sons-call-out-donald-trump-on-his-republicanism/
Ron told Politico that Trump was the Republican least like his father with his outrageous comments crafted to make headlines and his ostentatious display of wealth.
It’s just so unchivalrous. My father would recoil at that sort of thing.”

“Ronald Reagan would never take 11 million people or three million people or a million people and throw them out of the United States of America.”- Michael Reagan

Offline Paladin

Ron Reagan opposes Trump? Ron Reagan? That is practically a first rate reason to support the guy.

Michael at least has some credibility when it comes to the matter, but he has never impressed me as overly intelligent, nor particularly a committed Conservative.

No, the real story here is that Wayne's daughter Aissa has come out with an endorsement. So far as I recall she has never been politically active but felt that in this election it is important she do so.

As for you, do please align yourself with Ron. Perhaps the two of you can even dance together in your underwear.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
And this is significant because ....  ?

Ms Wayne is, perhaps, an economist? An expert on foreign policy? A constitutional scholar? A moral role model?

Or is she simply vaguely famous as the daughter of a successful actor?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:53:12 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Paladin

None of the above but her endorsement is an interesting subnote in today's election atmosphere given her parentage. One might ask if it is necessary for all who comment on candidates be economist, Constitutional scholars, etc., etc., in order to offer an oplnion. If so that would pretty well eliminate every poster on here.

Offline EdinVA

Ms Wayne is, perhaps, an economist? An expert on foreign policy? A constitutional scholar? A moral role model?

Ms. Wayne's personal endeavors and accomplishments reflect that winning attitude. Tough, honest and experienced, Ms. Wayne is a true advocate and fights fervently for her clients.

Prior to practicing family law, Ms. Wayne was a criminal prosecutor for the City of Los Angeles.  As a prosecutor, she handled over 500 criminal cases and was the lead prosecutor in over 50 criminal and domestic violence jury trials in her capacity as a Deputy City Attorney for the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office.  Her substantial litigation experience and background places her in the top ranks of the family law field.

As a result of her unique background, she brings an understanding of matters dealing with family law to her practice. She attributes her past and current successes to persistence, dedication and strong moral and spiritual conviction.

Ms. Wayne testified before the House of Representatives for the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office on domestic violence bills dealing with domestic violence and family law issues. She has also been a guest speaker and legal analyst on live television shows including CNN-Larry King Live and FOX News. She has also spoken for several reputable professional organizations.

Currently, Ms. Wayne is serving on the Auxiliary Board of the John Wayne Cancer Institute in Santa Monica, California. Ms. Wayne is also a member of the Congressional Business Advisory Council in Washington D.C.

Her publishing credits include the acclaimed Random House Publication book, "John Wayne, My Father," as a personal memoir to her father, the late actor John Wayne. She has also authored several articles including "Celebrity Divorce", recently published in the Orange County Lawyer Magazine.

Ms. Wayne attended the University of Southern California as an undergraduate. She was admitted to the California Bar in January 1995. Her memberships include Los Angeles and Orange County Bar Associations and Theta Phi Law Fraternity, International.

http://aissawayne.com/about.htm

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
One might ask if it is necessary for all who comment on candidates be economist, Constitutional scholars, etc., etc., in order to offer an oplnion. If so that would pretty well eliminate every poster on here.

Of course not. Everyone has an opinion and is (unfortunately) entitled to speak it. It is the weight which should be attached to said opinion which counts.

Ms Wayne seems to be a very competent professional and generally nice person (Thank you, Ed!), so her opinion has as much weight as anyone's here. No more, no less.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EdinVA

Of course not. Everyone has an opinion and is (unfortunately) entitled to speak it. It is the weight which should be attached to said opinion which counts.

Ms Wayne seems to be a very competent professional and generally nice person (Thank you, Ed!), so her opinion has as much weight as anyone's here. No more, no less.

I did not know who she was either.. had to look it up because you made me do it...  :beer:

Offline Longiron

None of the above but her endorsement is an interesting subnote in today's election atmosphere given her parentage. One might ask if it is necessary for all who comment on candidates be economist, Constitutional scholars, etc., etc., in order to offer an oplnion. If so that would pretty well eliminate every poster on here.

Only because it is TRUMP. Now if that BUSHIE, KREAM, RUBIO it would be one great American supports another great AMERICAN, Well Kachis just received the endorsement for the guy who had Slick Wilie to the island for the sex with kids weekend. Guess that does not count. The Haters just cannot WIN but again they do not know how to WIN. :thud:

Offline mountaineer

Now if that BUSHIE, KREAM, RUBIO it would be one great American supports another great AMERICAN, Well Kachis just received the endorsement for the guy who had Slick Wilie to the island for the sex with kids weekend. Guess that does not count. The Haters just cannot WIN but again they do not know how to WIN.
What does this mean? Are Kream and Kachis candidates?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

I'm sorry, EC, but that is irrelevant, and slightly condescending. She's an American with a notable lineage expressing an opinion. Americans have had quite enough of scholars, sociologists, experts and the like.

Social scientists have ceased to be relevant in my life and I would prefer if they would just leave us alone to choose our leaders, raise our families, and do business with our community and neighbors.

We know what we see with our eyes and what we feel with our hearts. We are sick of professional politicians.

Having said that, if she had expressed approval and support for Hillary Clinton I would be tearing her a new one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 04:26:27 pm by aligncare »

Offline Longiron

What does this mean? Are Kream and Kachis candidates?

Figure it out or Thank You. :silly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
John Wayne is an American Icon to anybody over the age of 40.  His movie roles were virtually all men of great character and patriotism.  And one who knew right from wrong.  He embodied heroism.  His legacy is spotless.

Anybody who is following this political cluster-bleep can therefore appreciate his accomplished daughter stepping forward...out of her way and comfort zone...to express support for Donald Trump.

Like it or not, her endorsement, albeit in an abstract sense...is worth millions of dollars and may literally translate into tens of thousands of votes.

Furthermore, it counters some of the ash-holes that have been compelled to endorse Hillary or even the Kenyan.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

So only economists (who gave us the Big Short, the Dot Com Bubble, Quantitative Easing...), or experts on Foreign Policy (who gave us the Iraq invasion, Benghazi, the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, ISIS...), or Constitutional Scholars (who gave us Roe V. Wade, Habeus Corpus for Terrorists, and in case we all forget, the lovely Obamacare Tax creation...), and moral role models (like Oprah Winfrey, Eva Longoria, Matt Damon, Kerry Washington...) should make endorsements?

Methinks that maybe vaguely famous or totally unknown "commoners" might fair a bit better than our many qualified experts - like those who have given us the global warming hoax - have been at opining on policy.  It seems to me that random names from an old-style phone book could do better for us than the experts have.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

Michael Reagan: My Father Would Be Appalled at Trump
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/michael-reagan-ronald-reagan-gop/2015/09/10/id/684232/

http://www.inquisitr.com/2427861/ronald-reagans-sons-call-out-donald-trump-on-his-republicanism/
Ron told Politico that Trump was the Republican least like his father with his outrageous comments crafted to make headlines and his ostentatious display of wealth.
It’s just so unchivalrous. My father would recoil at that sort of thing.”

“Ronald Reagan would never take 11 million people or three million people or a million people and throw them out of the United States of America.”- Michael Reagan

As far as Ron.......Pffft. He has been on the dark side for a decade or two. Isn't he the one who used to be on MSNBC all the time?

Offline flowers

I'm sorry, EC, but that is irrelevant, and slightly condescending. She's an American with a notable lineage expressing an opinion. Americans have had quite enough of scholars, sociologists, experts and the like.

Social scientists have ceased to be relevant in my life and I would prefer if they would just leave us alone to choose our leaders, raise our families, and do business with our community and neighbors.

We know what we see with our eyes and what we feel with our hearts. We are sick of professional politicians.

Having said that, if she had expressed approval and support for Hillary Clinton I would be tearing her a new one.
If she had expressed approval for hil.......we would be treating her like we treat Barbara Resistant or Cher.  :laugh:

Offline Paladin

"Methinks that maybe vaguely famous or totally unknown "commoners" might fair a bit better than our many qualified experts - like those who have given us the global warming hoax - have been at opining on policy.  It seems to me that random names from an old-style phone book could do better for us than the experts have."

"I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University." ~~Wm. F. Buckley, Jr.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

As far as Ron.......Pffft. He has been on the dark side for a decade or two. Isn't he the one who used to be on MSNBC all the time?

I included Ron Jr to point out that children are not their father.  Ron Jr has none of his father's intellect, charm, or good humor.

However, I just learned the sister of the fellow who does the voice for the Gieco gecko said Trumps sucks too...and that is good enough for me.

2015 was a rough year for me, but I made it through.  and so did you.  Cheers!

Even though we sometimes disagree on politics, you have always expressed your opinion with grace, respect, and love of country, and I have enjoyed reading and reflecting upon your posts.  Happy New Year flowers.

Offline flowers

I included Ron Jr to point out that children are not their father.  Ron Jr has none of his father's intellect, charm, or good humor.

However, I just learned the sister of the fellow who does the voice for the Gieco gecko said Trumps sucks too...and that is good enough for me.

2015 was a rough year for me, but I made it through.  and so did you.  Cheers!

Even though we sometimes disagree on politics, you have always expressed your opinion with grace, respect, and love of country, and I have enjoyed reading and reflecting upon your posts.  Happy New Year flowers.
Thank you Once-Ler I feel the same about your posts. Happy New Year!