Author Topic: Militiamen, ranchers in showdown for soul of Burns  (Read 4308 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Militiamen, ranchers in showdown for soul of Burns
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2016, 04:03:52 am »
I stumbled for a moment across MSNBC and noted in their crawl they are referring to the protesters as "insurgents".   The same phrase they used for al-Zarqawi and AQI in Iraq and ISIS butchers in Syria.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2016, 04:10:33 am »
If anyone is interested, I have found that Lou Dobbs has been giving this topic a very good treatment on his nightly show, Lou Dobbs Show, on Fox Business all week.  This evening he had a segment with the Representative from the area, Walden.  I believe that all of the segments from this week can be viewed at: http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/lou-dobbs-tonight/index.html

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2016, 04:37:02 am »
Does it bother anyone else here that the two Hammonds have already served sentences for this very same crime?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2016, 05:38:24 am »
Does it bother anyone else here that the two Hammonds have already served sentences for this very same crime?
Sure it does. However they advised the others to leave, and turned themselves in.

Things can be litigated and litigated again. But if some dummy causes violence, it can turn out very badly.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2016, 06:31:50 pm »

Yes, and for a "crime" that wasn't a crime in that context, was common practice, and I think I heard that it was 20 years ago.  (Not sure about that last point).

Offline flowers

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2016, 07:20:17 pm »
Yes, very much so.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2016, 07:23:08 pm »
Yes, and for a "crime" that wasn't a crime in that context, was common practice, and I think I heard that it was 20 years ago.  (Not sure about that last point).

And THAT is what this protest is really all about isn't it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2016, 10:15:05 pm »
In defense of using guns: the fact that they are armed is the only thing keeping the peace right now. The threat of force is preventing the situation from escalating into hand-to-hand combat the same way the "unarmed protests" that turn into riots seem to always do.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024