Author Topic: Juniata College: Urinals Gone; Men Must Sit to Pee - PROBABLY A HOAX  (Read 3431 times)

rangerrebew

This is probably a hoax. It is funny though, so have fun!

Juniata College: Urinals Gone; Men Must Sit to Pee
Posted on December 27, 2015   

Juniata College, a small liberal arts college nestled in the hills of south-central Pennsylvania, has become the first college in the United States to order the removal of every urinal from campus.  The vote by the college Board of Trustees was unanimous.  The change was in response to an intense years-long campaign by a little-known, militant feminist group called Chicks Against Dicks (CAD).  The group employed numerous tactics including petitions, lawsuits, and the occasional smashing of functioning campus urinals.  Juniata President James A. Troha, androgynous but not transgender, was giddy over the vote.  In remarks delivered breathelessly, Troha said, “Urinals are an insult to women everywhere.  We will not rest until every urinal on the planet is destroyed or removed.  I would especially like to thank CAD President Soren Cavendish whose ceaseless efforts carried the day.  Because of her efforts, urinals will soon be relegated to museums and socially backward institutions.”

Aside from the obvious political infractions associated with urinals and standing to pee, Roy Nagle, Juniata Director of Environmental Hygiene, cited numerous threats to public health by standing to pee.  “When men stand to pee,” Nagle said, “they are oblivious to the fact that they are depositing drops of urine, biological microagressions,  which may infect anyone within a determined range.  One drop of men’s urine contains one billion toxic microbes.   Women’s urine, by contrast, contains no toxic microbes.  Not all, but many women also find the smell of male urine offensive.  Urinal cakes, even jasmine, are only so effective.”

Signicantly, the vote requires, after the removal of the urinals, another vote which would require all males on campus to sit down to urinate.  CAD President Cavendish reserved her harshest remarks for the centuries-old practice of men standing to pee.  According to Cavendish, “There is nothing more painful to a woman, even more than cat calls or whistling, than the thought of a man standing to pee. It is repulsive and repugnant.  No one should be allowed to stand to pee.  It is an anatomically-endowed privilege.  We will not stop until this odious practice is relegated to the trash cans of history.”   

To enforce the new restroom codes, men’s room volunteers would issue citations to men caught in the act of standing to pee.  First offenders would be required to attend urination reform classes, in which men would taught how to sit to pee.  Secondly offenders would suffer the loss of meal swipes.

http://artfuldilettante.com/2015/12/27/juniata-college-urinals-gone-men-must-sit-to-pee/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:38:11 pm by Mod1 »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Juniata College: Urinals Gone; Men Must Sit to Pee
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 02:04:58 pm »
This is from The Onion, right?

John Semmens: is that you, trying to pull one over on us again?

Please tell me this is satire.

Please?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 02:40:07 pm »

Please?

I'm with you.  This isn't a real article.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 02:50:20 pm »
Nothing in the actual news, on the college's FB page. Also - the place is shut for Christmas, so I doubt there was a meeting.

It's BS. A little over-egged, the "breathlessly" certainly gives it away, but good.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 03:47:10 pm »
Wait....what?

They don't have seats that can be raised?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 03:59:49 pm »
At the university where I teach there has been a ceaseless and relentless drive to convert all restrooms to "gender neutral."   The rationale, however, is not because men stand up to pee.  It is because some students are transgender and confused about their sexual identities.  Restrooms marked "Male" and "Female" are therefore offensive and discriminatory.

I wish I could say this is a joke.  But it is not.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:00:39 pm by massadvj »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 04:04:28 pm »
Wait....what?

Yes, but apparently leaving the seat up is now considered a "micro-aggression".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 04:13:53 pm »
Wait....what?

They're glued on.....   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 04:16:51 pm »

What if a man sits down to pee in a gender neutral bathroom but writes his ex-girlfriend's phone number on the wall? 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 04:26:12 pm »

OK... I'll leave it down from now on... it's a big hole... I can hit it...    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 04:31:10 pm »
My wife says I spend too much time in the bathroom anyway...she claims (rightfully) that I'm hiding in there.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 04:42:55 pm »
Chicks Against Dicks? Okay, step up boys, this is central Pennsylvania. Where are the Minahs Against Vaginas?  :bolt: sorry, folks. It hurt just as much in the telling as it did in the reading.

Offline flowers

Re: Juniata College: Urinals Gone; Men Must Sit to Pee - PROBABLY A HOAX
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 07:54:06 pm »
Should sharia take over here we can be certain these snowflake millineals will be in gender appropriate bathrooms. No trans BS. I find it almost funny that the ones who want this kind of gender neutral cr5p also support muzzies. Will they be surprised when they find themselves being tossed off highrise buildings? 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 08:00:24 pm »
Should sharia take over here we can be certain these snowflake millineals will be in gender appropriate bathrooms. No trans BS. I find it almost funny that the ones who want this kind of gender neutral cr5p also support muzzies. Will they be surprised when they find themselves being tossed off highrise buildings?

Offline Relic

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 08:21:20 pm »

That is priceless. It can't be real? It has to be photoshopped?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 09:37:00 pm »
It could be taken in San Francisco. Then it would definitely be real.

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 09:43:55 pm »

:laugh:  let them figure it out for themselves. :king:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 09:57:59 pm »
Well, on the bright side, should the Muslims take over the LGBT people will not have to worry about which bathroom they can use.

Trust me. It will no longer be an issue.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 01:56:05 am »
What if a man sits down to pee in a gender neutral bathroom but writes his ex-girlfriend's phone number on the wall?

I'm no psychologist, but I think that's known as "passive-aggressive behavior".

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 02:02:24 am »

Please?

It is fake, look at the other articles on that blog. An Onion wannabe.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:03:31 am by AbaraXas »

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 07:04:42 am »
I'm no psychologist, but I think that's known as "passive-aggressive behavior".

Or in this case, "pissive" aggressive.   :silly:

Offline Paladin

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 09:04:49 am »
This one is not a joke.

"WA Human Rights Commission: All businesses must let men in women’s bathroom"

"If a man says he is a woman and walks into the women’s restroom, it is illegal for a business owner to intervene.  That is the result of a new rule created by the Washington State Human Rights Commission that went into effect on December 26th.

This first-of-its-kind, statewide law is part of the recent push to frame gender-segregated bathrooms as an affront to “equality”. So far, the public hasn’t been buying it.

[snip]

This issue has been heating up in Washington for a while now.  School boards throughout Washington State have been wrestling with it.  The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap County recently made headlines when they created a policy allowing transgender men to use the women’s locker room under any and all circumstances.

However, this is the first statewide mandate that forces businesses to cooperate with a customer’s confusion about his or her gender.

In 2012, a 45 year-old student at Evergreen State College who identified as female despite being anatomically male, undressed in the women’s locker room while girls from nearby Olympia High School and a local swim club were changing.  Evergreen chose to do nothing to protect the privacy of the girls but offered them a private accommodation if they wished not to dress in the presence of a naked man.

This new rule mandates that outcome in all cases."

http://www.fpiw.org/blog/2015/12/29/wa-human-rights-commission-all-businesses-must-let-men-in-womens-bathroom/

We have some real nut cases running things in Olympia.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 09:25:24 am »

I'd say it's time for folks with torches and pitchforks to descend upon Olympia.